weapon lxxxi's jeep 12

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
weapon lxxxi

weapon lxxxi's jeep 12

Post by weapon lxxxi » November 15th, 2011, 6:12 pm

Ok Its now time to start my feed :D....
I have had my jeep for 3 weeks now & i love it my worry on driving a 4.0l daily is not that bad actually it seems to be doing quiet well in my eyes (altho i did drive my old car with a heavy foot ha haa).
i have decided to go for a jeep 12 because the lights are probably my fav bit on them, it was a tough choice to pick but woo im excited!!! also i think i was kinda around the age of 12 when it was released in the cinema ;).

The jeep is a 94 4.0l manual gear. 84000ish miles & im the 11th owner (& last hopefully ha). if my avatar pic is working that is it...? it never appears on my screen?

It came with a hard top which is tan so thats good & a soft top but thats black :( i plan to get the spice top when its near to compete. the hard top is good for this crappy UK weather.

ive made my mirror tag and got a few other things lined up, but paint will be the first majour job soon as!!!

(ill get some pics of it at the weekend to show yall the base)

But this..... is for a lil easter egg im doing until i get it painted ;) ill leave u in suspence until its done...
Attachments
my jeep.jpg
my jeep.jpg (270.94 KiB) Viewed 67330 times
paint.JPG
paint.JPG (107.38 KiB) Viewed 67330 times

weapon lxxxi

Re: weapon lxxxi's jeep 12

Post by weapon lxxxi » November 20th, 2011, 11:02 am

Ok so ive been out doing a bit of mud track driving in my local forrest... a perfect setting for some pics so you can see the beast!
Attachments
wheel.JPG
no top.JPG
these are the pics the seller gave me of how it looked with the soft top on & off.... i hope i can get it to fit better than he did :s
these are the pics the seller gave me of how it looked with the soft top on & off.... i hope i can get it to fit better than he did :s
and as i didnt have these :)
and as i didnt have these :)
open back.JPG
the seats are in good condition.... but not the right ones I might get them re-upholsterd in sarha colours if i cant find the seats, (maybe memory foam on the ass?)
the seats are in good condition.... but not the right ones I might get them re-upholsterd in sarha colours if i cant find the seats, (maybe memory foam on the ass?)
can u see the special guest?? ;)
can u see the special guest?? ;)
looks ok from what i know, but im having a mechanic look it over next week
looks ok from what i know, but im having a mechanic look it over next week
front.JPG
this was what the glow in the dark paint was for....
this was what the glow in the dark paint was for....
low.JPG
off roading.JPG

Game Warden Euriel

Post by Game Warden Euriel » November 24th, 2011, 10:52 pm

Very nice. :) Like the Ingen wheel cover. :)

The hard hat is crying out for a jurassic park sticker over the front though. :P

Boomerjinks
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Boomerjinks » November 24th, 2011, 11:47 pm

Decent find. I bet there are lots of envious european JP jeepers out there.

ImperialTrooper
Site Administrator

Post by ImperialTrooper » November 25th, 2011, 9:18 am

The soft top can fit better than pictured, your soft top appears to be the Bestop brand. You have to move up the rear support bar and hook it up to the middle bar. Kind of like a tree branch on a tree. Hard to explain it but you'll figure it out easily enough.

weapon lxxxi

Post by weapon lxxxi » November 27th, 2011, 10:13 am

Thanks guys, yea im pretty happy with it, it was the second one i looked at too, altho all the JP bits are obviously not on it im going to enjoy the hunt its all part of the fun!

Every time someone is behind me i try & see if they are trying to work out where they have heard of INGEN ;) The next hard hat Def needs that customiseation

Yea i hope i can ImperialTrooper, its a bit cold for that here now so that will be a spring job, no instructions tho just a box of screws ha haa!

Boomerjinks where did you get your sounds from i had an idea as a perimitter deterant Ha?!?

jeepnrover

Post by jeepnrover » December 4th, 2011, 2:00 pm

Love the wrangler logo on the bulbar, reminds me of a defender.
1991 Islander Edition
1971 Stimson Safari 6

weapon lxxxi

Post by weapon lxxxi » December 14th, 2011, 5:36 pm

jeepnrover cheers bud, im un sure if its staying yet, if i ever get a winch it might be in the way ? i do like it tho.

bad news tho :( door lock problems, but thats easy to fix by the looks of it just buy new ones & swap seems easy enough :s

the worst part is monday it stalled for no reason, i got it going again just, and was fine today until a few hours ago.
I was sat at some lights & it stalled again i got it going but then the temp gage went nuts it shot up to red then over te red :O scary stuff....
so i pulled over and its smoking like anything from the radiator and the filler bottle (which is boiling by the way).
i phone the AA up when he comes out i explain it all to him & he sais "bugger" not what i want to hear so near xmas & possible snow on fri :(
he fills it up with "K seal" & water as a tempory fix but basically i need a new radiator. aparently i was lucky the head gasket didnt blow, when i turned it over he said you jammy git these must be built to last.
he was very helpful actually & said i could get it re coiled (dunno how much that is?) or buy a new one?
any thoughts??? or a good place to buy them at a decent price, ive seen aliminium ones too whats the difference or best recomended?

PaulRevere1991
Completed JP Jeep

Post by PaulRevere1991 » December 14th, 2011, 5:56 pm

a regular stock replacement radiator should cost about 100 bucks if you install it yourself

weapon lxxxi

Post by weapon lxxxi » December 14th, 2011, 6:04 pm

what about this recoiling thing is it worth it or am i better off just getting a whole new one?
it looks simple to replace just a couple of bolts from looking at it 2night?