Milo's JP27

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
milo

Milo's JP27

Post by milo » March 22nd, 2011, 12:45 pm

Hey All,

I've been lurking about here for a couple of weeks. I've been deadset on a Jurassic Park jeep for probably over a year now, and finally decided to start making it happen! The thing is, I have an affinity for TJ's and a serious dislike for the color red (not that I don't like everyone's work, your jeeps are AMAZING). With that in mind, I'm aiming for a JP inspired vehicle for myself. Here's a mock up.

So the differences are as follows:
  • TJ
    Black and Green
    Hard Top
    Logo Color
    No painted wheels
My current Jeep has a roof rack, but I'm not super psyched about it (though I do like the idea of having a rack). I'm likely going to swap it our for a Body Armor Rack. http://4wheelonline.com/jeep/Body_Armor ... 310.250495 which is ready to have lights mounted on it (front and back). I'll also be getting a winch, not that I'm really going to need it anytime soon, but it wouldn't be a JP jeep without it.

and without further ado, here is my current Jeep!

I need to take care of some pressing matters before real JP-ication can take place. Namely my gas tank needs a new skid plate, and some rust needs to be dealt with in the front fenders and the back of the tub.

So that's my starting point. Glad to finally be a jeep owner and to finally make this post!

Railtech
Completed JP Jeep

Re: Milo's JP27

Post by Railtech » March 22nd, 2011, 4:34 pm

Welcome Milo, looking forward to a TJ. It looks good with the oldschool YJ wheels on there.
93 YJ Sahara/JP29 WIP

DrewSmith007
Site Moderator
Vehicle Make/Model: 1993 Ford Explorer

Post by DrewSmith007 » March 22nd, 2011, 8:02 pm

I like the green and black! So much so, I recolored this for ya:
Attachments
JP_Green.PNG
JP_Green.PNG (35.33 KiB) Viewed 11737 times

AJ Quick
Site Moderator

Post by AJ Quick » March 24th, 2011, 9:29 pm

I dig the color scheme!
1971 Volkwagen Beetle - 1993 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - 1998 Dodge Neon R/T
http://www.GBFans.com/ - http://www.JurassicJeep.com/

milo

Post by milo » March 27th, 2011, 6:20 pm

Whoa, Thanks guys! I'm looking to take care of some of the maintenance soon so I can get to JPing it up. Where did people get their decals? I saw this place online (http://www.decalorations.com/decal/1474 ... -park.html) Does anyone know what the diameter of the logo's circle should be?

Also Drew, NICE! I hadn't even thought about making the logo green, I'm not sure which one I like more, maybe I'll flip a coin later :-)

milo

Post by milo » June 12th, 2011, 8:42 am

first round of props are in! Still waiting to take care of some bigger maintenance issues before making the big purchases (lights, paint, winch, interior). In the meantime, I wanted to share the stuff I DID get.

Raptor claw keychain, barbasol can safe (i might get around to building the embryo storage), mirror tag, and most importantly, my MA Vanity plate!

Railtech
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Railtech » June 12th, 2011, 4:18 pm

Very good I like the plate alot. I was pondering doing that for mine either JP29 or JURASIC? The jury is still out, GA likes to stick it to you for the production and annual fee on a vanity plate.
93 YJ Sahara/JP29 WIP

Ecto-DMC

Post by Ecto-DMC » June 24th, 2011, 1:51 am

Love the Color Scheme I would go with the Green Logo (my 2 cents)
Roads Where were going a Delorean will never go, BUT a JEEP sure will!.

CYPH3R code101

Post by CYPH3R code101 » July 17th, 2011, 4:18 pm

DrewSmith007 wrote:I like the green and black! So much so, I recolored this for ya:

love the green and black logo!! nice
00 Chevy Blazer 2dr
86 Chevy suburban
86 Chevy K5 Blazer (wrecked)

milo

Post by milo » September 7th, 2011, 10:13 pm

so I've got the first major repair taken care of, still financially recovering from it. My frame was in bad shape being a New England salted jeep, but it's looking snazzy now, check out this before/after.

plenty more pics in my jeep album http://gallery.mac.com/milo.m#100123&vi ... lack&sel=0

In the meantime, I'm doing a bunch of smaller stuff, repairing cables, locking radio case, wiring harness for the hard top. In an other couple of months the big body work will be underway, and I can't WAIT