Discovered a photo of my JP Jeep on something called Reddit

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
Bosssk

Discovered a photo of my JP Jeep on something called Reddit

Post by Bosssk » April 15th, 2014, 7:21 pm

Just found this on the Internet, apparently somebody took this photo of my jeep while I was going home from the Army Base, ( I always drive it on nice days), and submitted it to some website where thousands of people saw it and they published the 'best' comments. Follow the link below to the actual website. It is interesting how people all over the country claimed to have seen my jeep in places where I have never been. Some of the sightings must be of some of your jeeps I suspect so you might want to check it out. One guy said he saw one in LA delivering pizzas!

The worn out Yokohama tires have now been replaced by proper Wranglers and the Jeep is now #18 and the baby Rex has been substitued with a frilled Dilophosaurus. I usually have a fake Spas 12 in the scabbard and not sure why its not in there now. It might have been because one of the security guards at the gate hassled me about it for awhile, but those guys have all been fired with the budget cutbacks and now GIs are at the gate who don't bug me about the Spas. I just found a pair of proper Sahara running boards and should have them on soon! At that point I guess I will apply for the coveted JP Jeep forum "Completed" status.

http://pikdit.com/i/saw-this-guy-at-a-stoplight/
Attachments
reddit.jpg
1995 Wrangler to Jurassic Park Jeep 18 (formerly Jeep 10)
2000 Landrover to non-canon Ingen staff field vehicle
1943 German Opel Blitz Radio Truck
1944 Willys MB Project
1974 VW Thing to Type 82 Kubelwagen Project
Military Hummer Project

fantomas
Completed JP Jeep

Re: Discovered a photo of my JP Jeep on something called Reddit

Post by fantomas » April 15th, 2014, 11:17 pm

I think I remember seeing that pic when searching around for JP stuff on reddit. Are you serious about not knowing about reddit? here's the actual thread http://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/ ... stoplight/

What's in the back with the dino?

ImperialTrooper
Site Administrator

Post by ImperialTrooper » April 15th, 2014, 11:57 pm

Your jeep is also all over Instagram.

Bosssk

Post by Bosssk » April 16th, 2014, 6:27 am

fantomas wrote:I think I remember seeing that pic when searching around for JP stuff on reddit. Are you serious about not knowing about reddit? here's the actual thread http://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/ ... stoplight/

What's in the back with the dino?
Thanks, Tomas. No, I still don't know anything about reddit, but I will check it out today, especially since you said it might be a source for other JP stuff. I'm not that well versed on internet stuff, I guess, because I am involved in so many other things, from writing books about the Roman Army to building full scale replicas of giant star wars riding lizards. The thing in the back is a scabbard where I usually carry a fake Spas 12. I have an oriignal now, though never carried it in the Jeep so not sure if it will fit too. I think this photo is at least 2 or 3 years old as since that time I have installed green packs on the backs of the seats (to hold Yellow JP raincoats), and my seats are green now. And as you may have seen from other posts, I have given the T-Rex a break, and now have a frilled dilo in the back.
1944 Willys MB Project
Military Hummer Project

Bosssk

Post by Bosssk » April 16th, 2014, 6:32 am

ImperialTrooper wrote:Your jeep is also all over Instagram.
Thanks, I.T., I wasn't aware of that site either, or photos of my jeep on it.
1944 Willys MB Project
Military Hummer Project