K9-Weasel's Jeep Project

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
weasel348

K9-Weasel's Jeep Project

Post by weasel348 » February 26th, 2013, 8:32 pm

She's no where near close to complete, but having to drop in a new Tranny REALLY killed my funds that would have been spent investing in a paint job for her. My jeep is in Hobart, Oklahoma, but I live in Oklahoma City (Going to SWCU).

I want a TALLER and slightly more aggressive version of the Jurassic jeep, I plan on maybe making a "Park Ranger" Model because I still like using my jeep in the mud and stuff? Ideas?

(Yes I know for now the colors are flopped, but I didn't have the cash for the paint job yet, and wanted a idea of how she'd look.) It will be in the shop getting a new AX15 within the month and another 3-4 Inches of Lift.

MrScorpio

Re: K9-Weasel's Jeep Project

Post by MrScorpio » February 26th, 2013, 8:59 pm

weasel348 wrote:I want a TALLER and slightly more aggressive version of the Jurassic jeep, I plan on maybe making a "Park Ranger" Model because I still like using my jeep in the mud and stuff? Ideas?

(Yes I know for now the colors are flopped, but I didn't have the cash for the paint job yet, and wanted a idea of how she'd look.) It will be in the shop getting a new AX15 within the month and another 3-4 Inches of Lift.
I've been toying with the idea of a sort of Dino Handler Jeep build (you know their Jeeps wouldn't be stock!). Maybe add a few extras like a gun rack or Jeep cargo netting. Just something different to make it stand out.
1993 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
JP #21

Oklahoma State Dinosaur: Saurophaganax which can be seen in Oklahoma at The Sam Noble Museum

weasel348

Post by weasel348 » February 27th, 2013, 12:07 am

I may not be a mechanic, but I can weld. a gun-rack would be EASY. I just got done being a reserve deputy sheriff in Kiowa county, and me and my dad who was also a deputy there at the time build a few different style gun mounts for the trucks, suvs,etc...

A swivel mounted system on the roll-bar would be AMAZING looking with my AR15 hooked to it. My main thing is getting the Tranny started (trying to find someone who wont screw me on a re-build) and figure out how to CHEAPLY paint her.

weasel348

Post by weasel348 » February 27th, 2013, 12:14 am

If anyone knows who can fully rebuild my Tranny for a good price let me know, the jeep as a whole has under 70K Miles.

T-rex23

Post by T-rex23 » February 27th, 2013, 7:09 am

Sounds like you have a decent idea going on, I can't wait to see the finished product.

weasel348

Post by weasel348 » March 13th, 2013, 1:44 pm

Updates:
-Bought Bedliner to Redo My hard top and wheel wells which I'll be doing Monday! (May also hit my wheels as well and paint them later, I figure the bed liner would help adhere paint later and make it tougher overall)

-Ordered cases of Nice matching Red Rattle Can, matching Sand Beige Poly/Champagne/Satin Nickle main color rattle can, and a gallon of nice matte Clear coat. (Going the cheapest route possible because like I said I'm still going to be using it as a mudding/crawling/hunting rig and I cant afford a 3K+ Paintjob that is 100% certain to be scratched up, besides a "Park Ranger Jeep" is sure to be more beat up than some of the show-room normal models. (Not 100% Sure on ETA I can fully paint her up, but for temporary the all red with full grey decals isn't to bad.)

-Have had in my custom #67 plates, but I'll finally get to slap them on Monday!

-Getting everything lined up so I can haul her up to OKC to Blumenthols for the tranny rebuild.

-Dug out a nice PA System to install under the hood to BLAST the Jurassic Theme song ( shouldn't take me long to install I may knock it out Monday or Tuesday while I'm in Hobart)

-As soon as Refund check comes in (Dang H&R block filing error delayed mine and apparently as many as 600,000 peoples another 6weeks or so), but I'll be ordering a Rough Country lift as well to replace the sagging one it currently has. should be 3 inches or so taller!

Living away from my project sucks but things are piecing together slowly, but surely.

weasel348

Post by weasel348 » March 20th, 2013, 9:31 am

Updates: (Wish I took pics as I went, but I only had two days in Hobart to do stuff with my Jeep and has to work on my Camaro a little as well.)

I did snap a couple pics right after I gave it a wash before starting any actual work.

But While I was in Hobart I did:

1. Bondo/sanded/ fixed hard top flaws
2. Installed my #67 Plates
3. Gathered up all the PA System parts and access so I can blast the theme song on command. (I'm hoping I can cram these MONSTER horns somewhere under the hood.)
4. Put 2 Coats of bed Liner on the hard Top
5. Put 2 coats of bed liner on the Flares, My current push bar, but I plan on welding up a large stinger soon, and the mirrors (I'll be painting over the bed liner, I'm hoping it will give some extra strength and help prevent as many scuffs when on trails)
6. Started to sketch out some ideas for a pivoting gun mount that will mount to the roll bar.

I also had these waiting on me when I got home!

ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

Post by ratrace427 » March 21st, 2013, 11:45 am

The weather was nice yesterday to bad its raining here today. I was going to play cars today as well.
I am John Sisemore on Facebook

weasel348

Post by weasel348 » March 25th, 2013, 2:17 pm

$64 for 10 Cans of Krylon Satin Nickel & 7 Cans of Rustoleum 'Protector Red' enamel (25% larger free cans)
$92Clear coat (Gallons worth)
$60 in Bed Liner
$20 in Bondo and sand paper
$90 for new decals and new JP license plate

Looks like $326 Total to re-do the Exterior! we will gotta wait and see how the finished product looks when I can get days off and go paint her.

weasel348

Post by weasel348 » April 5th, 2013, 3:46 pm

Depressed I couldn't get it done by tonights release : /