Hey Oklahoma Crew!! Jurassic Park on the Big Screen

Working a JP project or event? Post here to share with board members!
KNI1GHT

Hey Oklahoma Crew!! Jurassic Park on the Big Screen

Post by KNI1GHT » July 17th, 2012, 2:27 am

Hey gang, it's Mike (#23) in Oklahoma.

I wanted to give a shout out to my buds around Oklahoma.......you know who you are. ;) I've only shared this with Tim so far (#21) and have messaged Raul about it as well. (#10)

The B and B Movie Theater in Claremore OK (about 20 min north of Tulsa)is trying something new. They are calling it "Retro Night."

The B and B Movie Theater in Claremore is a fairly large theater with 8 different screens I believe it is, and who'd a thunk it......they picked Jurassic Park for their first go at this Retro Night. :D

Since discovering this, I decided to go inside and introduce myself to the General Manager of the theaters for the Tulsa Market, and when he saw my JP Jeep sitting outside by the curb, his jaw dropped. :lol: He said he had heard of a certain Jurassic Jeep running around Claremore, but had no idea there were so many in the N.E. Oklahoma area. Long story short.....he wants the Oklahoma crew and their Jeeps. I showed him some of the pics of our recent outings we had when some of us got together at Mohawk Park in Tulsa. He was damn near speechless.

I showed him those two pics....and I think his mind was made up. :lol:

He offered, up-front, on the curb parking for all the Jeeps, full comped movie passes and refreshments for the Jeep drivers and their guests, and even said they would market it as a "One Time only, back in theaters Jurassic Park showing" with all our Jeeps. :mrgreen:

First off.....Jeeps or no Jeeps......no amount of arm twisting could stop me from going and seeing that movie on the big screen again. If I had to walk....I'd still go. ;)

At any rate, they have flyers all around the theater and I took a pic of one while I was there....

Notice, it is being held on August 30th. They said that if a different date warranted it, they could try for a weekend date in August prior to the 30th to accomodate the Jeep owners since the 30th is on a Thursday. But the reason for that day, is cause it is a pretty good sized theater....and I gathered that most of their income comes from Friday and Saturday night New Releases. But it was the General Manager that made the weekend option comment. :)

I think it's safe to say, that Tim and myself are already game for this showing. But how big of an ass would I be if I didn't give a shout out to our buddies around Oklahoma to come and join us :lol: bring your Jeeps, and all you would have to do is hang out, talk Jurassic, pig out on popcorn, and watch JP on the big screen again.

Sooooo.......lets see how much the heat out here is affecting my memory.......humor me guys.......

MrScorpio
cpltony
DrewSmith007
TulsaJurassicPark
ratrace427
Kni1ght

I know I'm forgetting a couple of the guys..........my bad my bad my bad...... :(

It's about a month and a half away guys......what do you think? At least I don't need to plan on bringing a projector this time. :lol:

And food for thought......myself and Raul held a small Theme car show at this theater back when it first opened. Just for the heck of it.....here is that video shortly after the theater first opened......and no points off for inaccurate vehicles. :( Back then, several of our rides were still in their infancy, and it was 4 years ago......so no points off. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICSvnrHsFDI

Since then, the theater and it's crowds have grown immensely. And I say, if they wanna attempt a "Retro Night" with Jurassic Park.....with an attempt to sell out all their seating tickets (as the general manager mentioned) then myself, and my Jeep are there. Tim told me he's all in too.

So.....who's coming? ;)

And before I forget to mention it......I know Claremore isn't exactly right around the corner for many of you.....as I said above...it's about 20 min North of Tulsa.....but both Claremore and the Theater are right on Highway 66. :-) And my place is less than a mile from the theater. So if your drive has got you a little stressed....and need a bit of a relax.....my place is gonna be the acting Visitor Center. :lol: :lol: Nah....just playin.....but you guys are welcome to visit as well.

Peace guys.

Mike

MrScorpio

Re: Hey Oklahoma Crew!! Jurassic Park on the Big Screen

Post by MrScorpio » July 17th, 2012, 4:39 am

You already know that I'm in. Just tell me when to be there!
1993 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
JP #21

Oklahoma State Dinosaur: Saurophaganax which can be seen in Oklahoma at The Sam Noble Museum

cpltony
Completed JP Jeep

Post by cpltony » July 17th, 2012, 7:26 am

Sadly (and this pains me to say it) I'll be in Atlanta that weekend and unable to attend :(

I'm sorry guys...I'd LOVE to see it on the big screen again.
I'll let my JP buddies in Oklahoma know though and get attendance up for sure!!
92 Jeep Wrangler YJ
Jeep #18
Oklahoma

DrewSmith007
Site Moderator
Vehicle Make/Model: 1993 Ford Explorer

Post by DrewSmith007 » July 17th, 2012, 9:24 am

Oh, I'm definitely in for this. I'm pretty excited for the 3d release, but not that big a fan of 3d so this is even better.

Does anyone know if it is a film print or digital, or bluray? Hopefully it's an old film print.

Also, do they have a facebook page where I could go like this? 90% of my friends are in the Tulsa area, and I know a few of them are big JP fans.

cpltony
Completed JP Jeep

Post by cpltony » July 17th, 2012, 10:34 am

If they don't I say start one....help get the word out ;)
92 Jeep Wrangler YJ
Jeep #18
Oklahoma

ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

Post by ratrace427 » July 17th, 2012, 10:01 pm

Oh man! That gives me more than a month to finish my jeep. That might happen.
I am John Sisemore on Facebook

MrScorpio

Post by MrScorpio » July 17th, 2012, 10:14 pm

ratrace427 wrote:Oh man! That gives me more than a month to finish my jeep. That might happen.
That would be cool! I knew you said that you should be done some time this summer but that would be awesome.
1993 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
JP #21

Oklahoma State Dinosaur: Saurophaganax which can be seen in Oklahoma at The Sam Noble Museum

KNI1GHT

Post by KNI1GHT » July 17th, 2012, 11:19 pm

DrewSmith007 wrote:Oh, I'm definitely in for this. I'm pretty excited for the 3d release, but not that big a fan of 3d so this is even better.

Does anyone know if it is a film print or digital, or bluray? Hopefully it's an old film print.

Also, do they have a facebook page where I could go like this? 90% of my friends are in the Tulsa area, and I know a few of them are big JP fans.
Hey Drew, I'm actually meeting with Jake again (their general manager) tomorrow to chat about the showing, and I'll make a point to ask him that question. An old film print would be pretty cool wouldn't it? Too cool if you can make it too. 8-) I'm very curious to see what "marketing" he has in mind for making this more than just your average showing of an old movie. He did tell me they really want to draw a crowd with this JP showing on their Retro Night, so I'm sure the Facebook comment either will be addressed, or I'll ask him what sort of links they have for the theater in town that may offer a way to get the word out more. I'm not sure all the specifics he has in mind for promoting that night.....will find out more tomorrow afternoon, but I did send him several of the group pics of all the Jeeps.....so who knows.....he does sound just as excited about this as we do. :D
ratrace427 wrote:Oh man! That gives me more than a month to finish my jeep. That might happen.
Better get on the ball their buddy. :mrgreen: ;) How is your Jeep project doing by the way? Hadn't chatted with you much after I saw you at Radio Shack that day, but I hope all is going well with you too.

Ironically, after you came in and bought the antennae gear, we turned around and added 3 more sets of the long whip antennae, the ball mounts, and the springs. :lol: So if anyone out there needs one for their Jeep.......... ;)

I'll jump back online here tomorrow evening and let you guys know what he shares with me about the showing. Any questions besides what's been mentioned here I should ask?

Peace guys.... b back soon.

Mike

DrewSmith007
Site Moderator
Vehicle Make/Model: 1993 Ford Explorer

Post by DrewSmith007 » July 27th, 2012, 2:25 pm

Any new developments with this? I see they have a facebook page, but I can't access it at work and I doubt they have an event set up for this... Just wanting to help!

cpltony
Completed JP Jeep

Post by cpltony » July 27th, 2012, 2:45 pm

I'm not seeing the FB page...can anyone link?
92 Jeep Wrangler YJ
Jeep #18
Oklahoma