JP #22

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
trevorpape
Vehicle Make/Model: Jeep Wrangler
Facebook Name: Trevor Pape
Instagram: Trevorpapephotos

JP #22

Post by trevorpape » January 9th, 2020, 2:13 pm

Hi all, New to the group but have been following for awhile.

This is the 1993 Jeep Sahara I'm starting off with. (If anyone is curious about the 22; Mission 22 (Veteran suicide awareness campaign)
Im currently serving and have had losses due to suicide, to include my father.
Has 82K on the ticker, and is in really decent shape.
Current Parts:
-Rear KC Hilities Amber
-CB Antenna Kit (Thanks for the Amazon Link)
-(4) Correct Wheels coming..(need to find a 5th)

Next Parts to find:
Light Bar.. (Found a 2 piece up in CT.. but I want a 1 piece)
Bumperettes
Correct Tires

The Jeep has a 2 inch lift.. but I can't seem to find any of the 235/75R 15s ….

I'm hoping Jurassic Vic can hook me up with the door pouches.

I do have a garage to work in thankfully. Any tips, help or advice is always welcome!
I'll keep a running record / documentation for all of it. Including cost (to further help others later on)
Attachments
IMG-1405.jpg
IMG-1403.jpg
IMG-1400.jpg
IMG-1397.jpg
IMG-1396.jpg
IMG-1395.jpg
IMG-1394.jpg
IMG-1393.jpg

ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

Re: JP #22

Post by ratrace427 » January 9th, 2020, 2:27 pm

light bar info? I need one. also nice base vehicle. are you keeping the 93 champagne or are you doing a repaint?
I am John Sisemore on Facebook

trevorpape

Post by trevorpape » January 9th, 2020, 4:50 pm

ratrace427 wrote:
January 9th, 2020, 2:27 pm
light bar info? I need one. also nice base vehicle. are you keeping the 93 champagne or are you doing a repaint?
Sorry Friend, I already picked it up...Price was too good not to pass on ($45).
(Although, I did find a number of Parting out CJ & YJ Posts in AZ and the New York area.. so you might try them. )

I haven't decided just yet on what to do with the paint...maybe after getting through the next patch of parts, I'll see where the money sits.
Ive managed to procure (Order) the additional items:

-K&N Airfilter
-Decals
-License Plate
-Mirror and Key Fob Tags

Over the next few days ill find some bumperettes, and the tires... I gotta start making room in the garage for all the parts to sit lol.

Dwight
Site Moderator

Post by Dwight » January 9th, 2020, 5:43 pm

Solid base!

Would you be removing the lift?

Totally my personal opinion but I would repaint it with the low gloss sand beige. Its such a beautiful Jeep, would look amazing as a closer to screen accurate build.

for the light bar, i'll always recommend Jamiesons Fabrication. You can find their information over on the JPMP webpage. Good price for a screen accurate 1 piece, fast shipping, and nice people.

trevorpape

Post by trevorpape » January 9th, 2020, 5:58 pm

Dwight wrote:
January 9th, 2020, 5:43 pm
Solid base!

Would you be removing the lift?

Totally my personal opinion but I would repaint it with the low gloss sand beige. Its such a beautiful Jeep, would look amazing as a closer to screen accurate build.

for the light bar, i'll always recommend Jamiesons Fabrication. You can find their information over on the JPMP webpage. Good price for a screen accurate 1 piece, fast shipping, and nice people.
Dwight, Thanks for the recommendation. I sent them an email... see what they reply with.

I haven't decided if im going to remove the lift yet... for screen accuracy it would be much better I understand.. but we'll see... if so, it might be awhile... my schedule the next three-six months is heavy (military life )

So, it has been repainted once before... (they did the undercoat as well, preserving life and keeping it from rusting) … I'm not much of a painter, but we'll see what happens... only time will tell. (more than likely I will... )

Dwight
Site Moderator

Post by Dwight » January 9th, 2020, 7:46 pm

Try giving them a call if they don't reply to your email. I understand military life can get in the way sometimes, i've been in for 13 years and counting.

MonsterTrac

Post by MonsterTrac » January 10th, 2020, 12:19 pm

Welcome to the group and great looking Jeep! You definitely have a solid foundation!

trevorpape

Post by trevorpape » January 12th, 2020, 6:16 pm

So I talked to laura at the Fabrication shop... Did anyone else order a light bar, without the tab up top for the lights?
Just curious if they had the wiring holes in them or not....

Also, Thank the good lord for Facebook marketplace. I found myself a Ramsey 6000 (off an old jeep that no longer is living).
I go to pick it up Wednesday... It was hard wired into his dash... thinking of doing something similar... that way no need for external controller...

Dwight
Site Moderator

Post by Dwight » January 12th, 2020, 7:21 pm

I ordered a light bar from them without the tabs for the Jabscos. Unless you're going to put lights on your Jeep, i wouldn't get the tabs. And i believe even if you were to put lights on the bar you'd actually weld and entire plate to the light bar.

My light bar did not have any holes in it other than on the mounting points.

That is awesome you found a REP6000!

trevorpape

Post by trevorpape » January 12th, 2020, 7:37 pm

Dwight wrote:
January 12th, 2020, 7:21 pm
I ordered a light bar from them without the tabs for the Jabscos. Unless you're going to put lights on your Jeep, i wouldn't get the tabs. And i believe even if you were to put lights on the bar you'd actually weld and entire plate to the light bar.

My light bar did not have any holes in it other than on the mounting points.

That is awesome you found a REP6000!
Okay... the 2 piece one I order arrives in the next few days... we'll see what it looks like... I don't think im going to have lights... but one never knows.
I saw the plate...but it looks massive, and I feel like it would cause issues with getting the soft top on and off..(haven't read any of the threads about it yet)

Right?! I was super excited to find one. Needs some clean up and TLC..(hopefully motor isn't too out of shape).
Does everyone use an external remote, or anyone else have it hard wired?