Dv's #12

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
mydigitalvoid

Dv's #12

Post by mydigitalvoid » June 24th, 2011, 10:50 am

Hello Everyone,

I'm a huge fan of the movies and I'm really excited about building a JP jeep. It won't be canon (first off it's a TJ) but I still think it will be a fun project. I'm pretty broke so it'll probably a slower process than I'd like but will definitely give me something to look forward to. I've decided to use #12 even though it won't be canon, because I want to use a film number and 12 also happens to be my wife's favorite number. I'll post updates as I work through this, but it will probably be somewhat slow. This weekend I will be getting the whip antenna and hopefully mounting it.

-Dv

Ecto-DMC

Re: Dv's #12

Post by Ecto-DMC » June 24th, 2011, 11:25 am

I say build what you like, and what you will be happy with. The most important thing is have fun doing it :lol: Im a fan of the #12 as well because its the Delorean's # as in DMC-12. Im most likely going to make my Jeep (still haven't found one LOL) #24 its my daughters Birthday.

Are you going to Paint your TJ like the movie jeeps or do something different? :?:
Roads Where were going a Delorean will never go, BUT a JEEP sure will!.

mydigitalvoid

Post by mydigitalvoid » June 24th, 2011, 11:39 am

24 is a nice round number :D Yeah, I plan on painting the jeep. Right now, it's silver, so I may keep that and just do the red stripes for now since that will be much cheaper. Then, maybe down the road get a full repaint done. I've also just started doing a lot of off-roading with a jeep club, so I want to make some changes for that as well. Like they say, Just Empty Every Pocket :lol: BTW, love the Delorean!

Ecto-DMC

Post by Ecto-DMC » June 24th, 2011, 12:03 pm

Yeah sometime you have to just take it slow on a project. Ive had the Delorean for 6 going on 7 years now and for the first 3 I was working on it constantly While driving it every day,it was my only car for 5 of these years LOL.

mydigitalvoid

Post by mydigitalvoid » July 10th, 2011, 7:05 pm

The wife and I made a little progress today by installing the whip antenna. It's currently being temporarily held at the front until we get the bar to fasten it to. I also removed the third brake light that sits over the rear tire. A couple of pictures of the finished project:

-Dv

mydigitalvoid

Post by mydigitalvoid » September 10th, 2011, 5:30 pm

Outlet for the 1100 watt inverter. This is located on the passenger side of the center console.

Plates done. This is a flat plate. I have screen accurate plates as well.

kbb0625

Post by kbb0625 » September 11th, 2011, 8:11 am

Lookin good!

Ecto-DMC

Post by Ecto-DMC » September 11th, 2011, 10:22 am

I like the InGen logo on the power inverter I my just have to borrow that Idea :D for an amp or another inverter :twisted: