SOLD OUT: New run of Jeep driver hats

Costuming and Cosplay
Mark Brody

Re: New run of Jeep driver hats

Post by Mark Brody » January 27th, 2017, 12:54 pm

An initial shipment of 48 hats is coming my way on Groundhog Day. Once I receive them, I'll have a final cost and will post a listing with more pictures in the appropriate part of the forum. Depending on how well these sell, it may be a one time order... we'll see.

marscreature
Completed JP Jeep

Post by marscreature » January 30th, 2017, 8:14 am

I'll take one
1994 Wrangler Sahara - JP28 in Michigan

Mark Brody

Post by Mark Brody » January 30th, 2017, 10:16 am

There's been a hiccup with the embroidery company. After producing a proof, they're now saying they don't take orders for end users - only for distributors. I don't know why they led me along and made a proof at their expense, but here we are. I'll try to work it out with them, but if we can't come to a resolution, I've already got a few more companies in mind (one of which has a slightly more accurate version). To quote Mr. Hammond, "This is just a delay. That's all it is." I'm not giving up this easy. Stay tuned.

Mark Brody

Post by Mark Brody » February 8th, 2017, 9:46 pm

I was able to work it out with the original company, but they are only filling this one order before going back to their "distributors only" policy. That means once these 46 are gone, that's it! I may continue to hunt for a more accurate hat. I found a Chinese company on Alibaba willing to make the hats exactly like the movie hats from the ground up, but I've seen that kind of sweatshop work before, and I'm not sure how much I'm willing to invest in such a venture.

I was pleased with the photo I received a few weeks ago, but these hats really shine in person. It looks like a licensed product you might find at Universal Studios. I have to admit, though, that the bills appear slightly more "dirt red" in these photos than they are in person. They really are just more of a dark red. I couldn't get the colors quite right without the rest of the picture turning blue.

Give me some time to figure out shipping logistics and costs, and I'll list them in the "For Sale" forum. Cost still TBD, but it certainly won't be higher than my original estimate.

RustyRodder

Post by RustyRodder » February 8th, 2017, 10:08 pm

Not bad! Definately grabbing one or two!
JP25- Jurassic Park Maintenance, 1988 Jeep Comanche
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2680

Mark Brody

Post by Mark Brody » February 11th, 2017, 7:36 pm

Check out the posting in "For Sale"

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15701

Pinback

Post by Pinback » April 12th, 2017, 7:11 pm

My hats that I just ordered from Mark TWO days ago arrived today. WOW, that was fast.

Great job, Mark!
NCM_0018.JPG

Mark Brody

Re: SOLD OUT: New run of Jeep driver hats

Post by Mark Brody » April 20th, 2017, 7:50 am

Thanks to everyone who made this a success. The last couple orders will go out today. As I said, this was a one time deal, but if I manage to find another company who can do as good or better, I'll be sure to let you all know.

scubajt41

Post by scubajt41 » June 25th, 2017, 11:03 am

I'd like one

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mark Brody

Re: SOLD OUT: New run of Jeep driver hats

Post by Mark Brody » April 24th, 2018, 1:18 pm

Second run in progress:

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=19513