Jurassic Park... Prius?

Working a JP project or event? Post here to share with board members!
ianc

Re: Jurassic Park... Prius?

Post by ianc » January 11th, 2012, 12:33 pm

Hey guys,

Any input as to what # I should put on the Prius wrap? I know one of the tour vehicles was #04 (yes?). But I'm wondering if maybe I should switch it up. I thought perhaps I could go "07" or something. Thoughts?

DrewSmith007
Site Moderator
Vehicle Make/Model: 1993 Ford Explorer

Post by DrewSmith007 » January 11th, 2012, 1:25 pm

Tour vehicles were 04 & 05 (onscreen) and 06 & 07 (seen on a computer screen). So, If I were you, I would use 06 or 07. But, it really doesn't matter.

ianc

Post by ianc » January 25th, 2012, 8:59 pm

Got my license plate today. Meeting with the vehicle wrap guys on Monday to discuss when the wrap will be done. I'm going to get a video timelapse of the process :)

Breven52

Post by Breven52 » January 29th, 2012, 12:49 am

Im in murfreesboro, so If I ever see you, Im gonna have to meet you. This is pretty funny. neat concept.
04' Wrangler Sport
42' Ford GPW

ianc

Post by ianc » January 30th, 2012, 10:15 pm

Breven52 wrote:Im in murfreesboro, so If I ever see you, Im gonna have to meet you. This is pretty funny. neat concept.
Cool, I have a couple friends who live in the boro. We'll have to meet sometime :)

psdpro

Post by psdpro » January 31st, 2012, 3:27 pm

I just bought a 2005 Prius and have been wanting to do a Tour Vehicle paint scheme was well. Very interested in how this turns out, ianc. Please keep us updated on methodology and cost.

ianc

Post by ianc » February 9th, 2012, 5:24 pm

Hey guys, here's a new concept mock up for the Prius wrap. What do ya'll think? Seriously, I would love to hear any suggestions/critiques/etc for improvement. This will most likely be getting done in the next week or two.

cpltony
Completed JP Jeep

Post by cpltony » February 10th, 2012, 9:05 am

Love it!
But I still think a link to the Facebook page is essential to help advertise it.
People will see this and think 'AWESOME' and 'THAT'S COOL', but give them somewhere to go.....they'll want to go there.
92 Jeep Wrangler YJ
Jeep #18
Oklahoma

DrewSmith007
Site Moderator
Vehicle Make/Model: 1993 Ford Explorer

Post by DrewSmith007 » February 10th, 2012, 9:54 am

I agree. You could use a QR code. Here's the QR for the facebook page:

I used the generator here: http://qrcode.kaywa.com/

ianc

Post by ianc » February 10th, 2012, 2:33 pm

Thanks for the input guys. I agree, it's probably best to have a link to the facebook page. I'm just trying to figure out how that can be done in a way that fits well with the rest of the design. Drew, my concern with the QR code is that probably a lot of people will be seeing this this from their cars. So there's both the fact that it would be dangerous to try and scan the QR code while driving, and also that most phone cameras probably wouldn't be able to resolve the QR code from the distance most people would be without the code image being very large. Now, I know you most likely meant for people that would see it in a parking lot, etc. But I'm still wondering how widespread a userbase uses QR codes and if it would be worth it.

I'll get back with the design guys and see if they can come up with a clean solution. I think something as simple as facebook.com/JPOrigins ought to work.