Jurassic Park Tour Game

Working a JP project or event? Post here to share with board members!
TheSniper9

Jurassic Park Tour Game

Post by TheSniper9 » December 15th, 2011, 3:49 pm

Last week I started playing around in the Cry Engine SDK and decided to start on a fun little Jurassic Park game, I started out thinking I would make a little tour type of game, jump in an explorer and it would drive you around the park letting you do a kind of virtual tour but once I jumped in to the editor and started playing around I did not want to limit my self to just that so I started on the whole island! I think I want to make this in to an open world type now letting you run around the whole island or jump in a Jeep and drive around seeing all that Jurassic Park has to offer!

Here are some screenshots of what I got so far, remember this is only a week in to it so forgive the unfinished models, textures, and layout wanted to get what I could in to play with as fast as I could and because this is a game and in a game engine I have to keep things low poly (or at least Lowish) so that the game can run and lower end machines. Everything in the game was made by me, no premade textures, no taken/stolen models from other places.

First up is the reason we are all here... the JEEP!

Main Gate is up, doors open and close with the use button for now but once I get more in to the scripting I hope to get them to auto open when you get close in a car.

The Explorer in the Rex Paddock as you can see its not fully unwrapped and has a few missing textures almost there!

The Rex and a Compi neither are finished still need to finish up the normal maps on both and then Ill get to the other dinos, Managed to set up Biods for the compi's so I can have them flock around together and interact with the player (I have 40 of them in game running around the Visitor Center area right now!)

finally is the over head map of the island, its large enough to give the impression of a full island but small enough so your not walking for hours, it takes about 7-8 min driving full speed in the jeep to get from the north dock all the way to the south end of the island so that can give you guys some kind of estimate of the size.

Let me know what you guys think so far, and if anyone here knows how to code, model, texture, or wants to help out in anyway let me know! can always use help on projects like this!

DrewSmith007
Site Moderator
Vehicle Make/Model: 1993 Ford Explorer

Re: Jurassic Park Tour Game

Post by DrewSmith007 » December 15th, 2011, 4:39 pm

Freaking sweet! Thats what I think! I can model in solidworks, so if you need anything I'll help if I can. I don't know what filetypes you can use, but I can probably export to them.

Again, really cool!

What about Isla Sorna?

TheSniper9

Post by TheSniper9 » December 16th, 2011, 4:09 pm

Cry Engine needs a special cry file type I only know of a Max and Maya plugin for it but I can always take .obj and re-export it as the .cga/.cgf

For anyone that wants to help with models I could use help with just about anything Its going to take a lot of detail to make this place look good, I have a lot of the big main things done like the visitor center, rex, raptor, explorer, jeep, fences, raptor paddock but there is a lot more to be done. I want to add in things from the book, movie, and game so if you are good at modeling buildings and the like could work on the docks (Eastern and Northern), other vehicles on the island, Sorkin's Field Lab and pens, the roller coaster, or even random odds and ends that will populate the buildings like computers, notes, cups, hats, desks, chairs and so on. If you like to model organic things you can give some dinos a shot or even some workers at the park.
Models need to try and stay as low poly as they can but still have enough detail with the mesh (Cry engine says 5,000 but most current gen get away with around 10,000 if not more so try not to jump over 10,000) as for textures I tend to stick to 1024x1024 for main meshes and 512 or lower for side objects but feel free to use tileable textures and multi material ID's to get the best look.

spike42718

Post by spike42718 » January 3rd, 2012, 1:26 am

Sweet as hell. Are you going to make this available to forum members?
Go ahead, make fun of my JP jeep. Then all of a sudden a T-rex comes out of nowhere!!!!!!!!............The jeep only sets 4, who's laughing now?

cpltony
Completed JP Jeep

Post by cpltony » January 3rd, 2012, 5:16 pm

I second that.
When we can get our grubby mits on this for *cough* testing purposes?
92 Jeep Wrangler YJ
Jeep #18
Oklahoma

jdhuff86

Post by jdhuff86 » January 3rd, 2012, 8:27 pm

Yes, this is awesome. I'm a graphic designer by day so if you need anything specific let me know.

I can't wait to see the game finished. Very cool.
Thanks and Happy Hunting,
~Daniel

000 _oooo_
00/| ,[___],
|--L
@/--[]lllll[]-
()_) 0 ()_)-o-)_)

ace

Post by ace » January 6th, 2012, 4:28 am

That is awesome! Jurassic Life has been in development for years without a significant result and on a now outdated engine.
And you offer that to us in a few days... Can't wait to see the evolution of that beautiful project!!

TheSniper9

Post by TheSniper9 » January 6th, 2012, 10:50 pm

Thanks guys, yeah I if or when I get this far enough for some fun I'll toss it out here for you guys to play with not much new on this as of late (damn job searching and Old Republic taking up so much time!!!) did however start work on a few new dinos including a dilo and raptor still need to work out how the engine takes character animations and files before the dinos come to life.

aurel03430

Post by aurel03430 » January 20th, 2012, 10:04 am

Hello your project has l area really can is the download?

Stlrams53
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Stlrams53 » March 8th, 2012, 9:03 pm

i wanta try this!! looks very good so far!! hope your still working on it!

you can go so many diffrent ways with this! like you get in a jeep & can freely drive around or get in an explorer and let it autoly take you through the park, you could add day & night Rain or get out and walk through the visitor center so many diffrent possibilitys! :)
1999 Sahara Jeep #11
RedHannya/JPToys97@Youtube