Bossk's Jurassic Gate Prop and Jeep #18 at Cincy Comic Expo

Working a JP project or event? Post here to share with board members!
Bossk
Completed JP Jeep

Bossk's Jurassic Gate Prop and Jeep #18 at Cincy Comic Expo

Post by Bossk » September 23rd, 2014, 8:33 am

I just returned from Cincinatti where I was a guest of the Cincy Comic Expo, and had a chance to display my Jeep with the nearly completed Gateway prop. I will be adding faux flaming torches next, and the doors will be about two feet highter. I will also be adding more jungle foliage and maybe a jungle backdrop for the next time out. It was a lot of fun, and I think at least 5,000 people must have posed for photos in front of it. A friend of mine saw another Jurassic Jeep that may have been driving to the event, but I never saw it, nor met the person who was driving it. Was it any of you?

The display generated lots of Dino and Jurassic Park conversations, and interest in displaying it at other places. If any of you were there, at missed me at the stand, sorry, but I also brought the giant dragon displayed in the concourse and the fullsized Dewback patrol Lizard from Jurassic Park, and tried to divide my time equally in all three places.
Attachments
cincyjurassicjeepsm.jpg
cincyjurassicjeepsm.jpg (154.76 KiB) Viewed 5881 times
1995 Wrangler to JP Jeep #18 (formerly Jeep #10)
2000 Landrover to non-canon Ingen Field Vehicle
1943 German Opel Blitz Radio Truck
1944 Willys MB Project
1974 VW Thing to Kubelwagen Project
Military Hummer Project

fantomas
Completed JP Jeep

Re: Bossk's Jurassic Gate Prop and Jeep #18 at Cincy Comic Expo

Post by fantomas » September 23rd, 2014, 11:24 pm

Nice! Do you have a larger picture? When you display your Jeep do you have to pay for a booth or do the organizers solicit you to display it there?

Bossk
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Bossk » September 25th, 2014, 8:31 am

fantomas wrote:Nice! Do you have a larger picture? When you display your Jeep do you have to pay for a booth or do the organizers solicit you to display it there?
At this event the organizers provide the booth and cover the other expenses like my room and gas costs. In this case though, I also provided the dragon and dewback displays. Next year I will try to have my 'Velociraptor' costume finished too, and some local people I met at the Con might dress up as JP characters and 'hang out' at the booth.
1995 Wrangler to JP Jeep #18 (formerly Jeep #10)
2000 Landrover to non-canon Ingen Field Vehicle
1943 German Opel Blitz Radio Truck
1944 Willys MB Project
1974 VW Thing to Kubelwagen Project
Military Hummer Project

cptcrunch
Completed JP Jeep

Post by cptcrunch » September 28th, 2014, 4:16 pm

Bossk wrote:
fantomas wrote:Nice! Do you have a larger picture? When you display your Jeep do you have to pay for a booth or do the organizers solicit you to display it there?
At this event the organizers provide the booth and cover the other expenses like my room and gas costs. In this case though, I also provided the dragon and dewback displays. Next year I will try to have my 'Velociraptor' costume finished too, and some local people I met at the Con might dress up as JP characters and 'hang out' at the booth.
Hey, so I'm in Northern Kentucky and should have my JP Jeep done soon. I'm also interested in having my Jeep displayed at the Con along with yours. We should chat :)