My jeep on display

Working a JP project or event? Post here to share with board members!
hayabusa18
Completed JP Jeep

My jeep on display

Post by hayabusa18 » March 22nd, 2013, 3:38 pm

I got my jeep on display at our imax movie theater. The dinosaur next to it is animatronic and makes noises also.
Attachments
5.JPG
Me next to the jeep
Me next to the jeep
3.JPG
2.JPG
1.JPG

DrewSmith007
Site Moderator
Vehicle Make/Model: 1993 Ford Explorer

Re: My jeep on display

Post by DrewSmith007 » March 22nd, 2013, 5:02 pm

Sweet! You should try to score the dino when the display is done. You never know, doesn't hurt to ask!

outatime

Post by outatime » March 23rd, 2013, 4:16 am

DrewSmith007 wrote:Sweet! You should try to score the dino when the display is done. You never know, doesn't hurt to ask!
Awesome! Congrats! I agree--you should try to score the dino. When my time machine was on display at the 25th anniversary rerelease of Back to the Future, I asked the manager of the theater if I could have the 6-foot-tall vinyl BTTF display. She said, "Sure, just wait until the end of the evening and no one will say anything." Now it lives in my theater. A few months later, she called me back and said, "We have some of the extra 27x40 BTTF 25th Anniversary posters. Do you want them?" I said, "Sure, I'll be right there!" Little did I know she had a sealed box of them. The box was 30 POUNDS. I have not yet done the math, but that's a lot of BTTF posters. Moral of the story--you never know what you can get!
IMG_6751.jpg

hayabusa18
Completed JP Jeep

Post by hayabusa18 » March 23rd, 2013, 9:11 am

I would but the dino is being borrowed from an amusment park called Kings Dominion. They have this thing called dinosaurs alive where you walk through this trail and you watch all the animatronic dinos so they'll need it back. But they had this like 20-25 foot tall trex sitting outside the park for awhile and the wind blew it over cause the things holding it in the ground were rusting so they asked the guy at the theater if he wanted it so of course he said yes. So next year when jurassic park 4 comes out he wants to use my jeep again and put it next to the giant trex.

outatime

Post by outatime » March 23rd, 2013, 2:49 pm

hayabusa18 wrote:I would but the dino is being borrowed from an amusment park called Kings Dominion. They have this thing called dinosaurs alive where you walk through this trail and you watch all the animatronic dinos so they'll need it back. But they had this like 20-25 foot tall trex sitting outside the park for awhile and the wind blew it over cause the things holding it in the ground were rusting so they asked the guy at the theater if he wanted it so of course he said yes. So next year when jurassic park 4 comes out he wants to use my jeep again and put it next to the giant trex.
Then go for the T-Rex in exchange for the use of your Jeep! :)

TulsaJurassicPark

Post by TulsaJurassicPark » April 2nd, 2013, 6:12 am

Awesome Display and LOVE the dinosaur... Wish Our IMAX theater in Tulsa, OK would be as cool... they are STILL CHECKING WITH CORPORATE about letting us park our Jeeps and Ford Explorers in front of the Theater... We are very disappointed but still gonna make it an EVENT.. Anyway, I own a BTTF Delorean and would love one of the 25th Anniversary Posters... Let me know if I can buy one from you...

Can't wait to see more pics of your display especially if you can take some with people's reactions to it...
=====================
Raul (Park Scientist)
Jurassic Behavior in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

hayabusa18
Completed JP Jeep

Post by hayabusa18 » April 2nd, 2013, 4:06 pm

Thanks here are some more pics of the finished display ill try and get some with peoples reactions.
Attachments
image.jpg