Oklahoma 3D showing

Working a JP project or event? Post here to share with board members!
weasel348

Re: Oklahoma 3D showing

Post by weasel348 » April 3rd, 2013, 2:36 pm

Trying like hell to get someone to fill in for me at work, and I'd come to the Warren.

My jeeps no where close to done and is two hours from OKC so I'd be coming jeep-less, but I could eye moggle everyone else and meet some people.

KNI1GHT

Post by KNI1GHT » April 3rd, 2013, 3:23 pm

Well, it's official........they said no. :( Or more appropriately.....

Hi Michael –

Unfortunately, we must decline but thank you so much for your interest in Cinemark Theatres!

Regards,

Lydia Ledesma-Martos

Coordinator, In-Theatre Advertising
CINEMARK USA, INC. | 3900 Dallas Parkway, Suite 500 | Plano, TX 75093

After they asked me 2 more times how many vehicles would be there, and they kept asking for pics. Lord knows they got enough. :lol:

At any rate, I don't think it will hurt anyone's evening plans.....just FYI, don't park on the concrete approach. ;)

As for me, I'm still torn between the two theaters. Perhaps I can talk the kiddos into coming with me to the IMAX. Either way, come hell or high water....I'm gonna see that movie in 3D somewhere! I'm guessing the arrival time for most of you is roughly 6-630 ish at the IMAX?

If I don't get a chance to see you guys Friday night, then at least I'll see some of you Saturday night at 80s prom. ;)

Mike

COBrian
Completed JP Jeep

Post by COBrian » April 3rd, 2013, 5:24 pm

Honestly I think you got:

A a theater manager who is scared of doing anything without corporate approval
and
B corporate that is scared to do anything in the wake of aurora... which was a cinemark theater.
and maybe even
C two people who didn't understand you were trying to share your vehicles with the public at no cost to them.
1993 Sahara - JP29 - Denver, CO

KNI1GHT

Post by KNI1GHT » April 3rd, 2013, 6:00 pm

COBrian wrote:Honestly I think you got:

A a theater manager who is scared of doing anything without corporate approval
and
B corporate that is scared to do anything in the wake of aurora... which was a cinemark theater.
and maybe even
C two people who didn't understand you were trying to share your vehicles with the public at no cost to them.
I think you may be right. It's unfortunate, but there is a silver lining. The Claremore Cinema 8 Theater here in my town that hosted our Jurassic Park Jeeps and my late friend's Explorer previously for their own "Retro Night" showing of JP last summer, is still nipping at my heels to get at least one of the vehicles there. They too are showing JP 3D at 4, 7, and 930 Friday night. And two of those showings are almost sold out! The theater manager whom I've gotten to know pretty well over the last few years, "Jake" has been sharing stories with me about other venues that sometimes are very open to "special" nights such as this, and some that ARE NOT open to it.

I know that most of the guys in this topic have already got their IMAX tickets, and you guys will probably see JP 23 still show up that night at the IMAX, however this time I'm doing my kids a favor. Both my son and daughter each have a friend staying with them Friday evening. I shared this fact with Jake, .........bless his heart,and even though he understands the lure of the IMAX theater.....he offered, myself, my wife, the kids and their friends free admission if my Jeep attends at least one of the evening showings. :lol:

So....what do I do? Well, with all due respect to Tim, JT, Raul, and Drew, you guys are awesome.....but my visit to the IMAX Friday night will just be a short one. The kids won me over......and Jake's offer didn't hurt either. ;)

We're going to see the 930 showing since according to Jake....that one is almost sold out.... :shock: and I'm gonna come bug you guys before hand in Tulsa....then head back to Claremore.

Either way.....I can't wait to see it!!!

Peace guys....thanks for humoring me in my attempts to win the IMAX over. :oops:

Mike

weasel348

Post by weasel348 » April 3rd, 2013, 7:51 pm

Which Warren show times will anyone be going to?

Jurassic Park 3D NEW
Rated (PG-13) • 2 hrs. 7 min.
BUY TICKETS - 2:50pm, 6:15pm, 9:30pm

Jurassic Park: An IMAX 3D Experience NEW
Rated (PG-13) • 2 hrs. 7 min.
BUY TICKETS - 12:15pm, 3:40pm, 7:00pm, 10:20pm

MrScorpio

Post by MrScorpio » April 3rd, 2013, 8:00 pm

KNI1GHT wrote:I know that most of the guys in this topic have already got their IMAX tickets, and you guys will probably see JP 23 still show up that night at the IMAX, however this time I'm doing my kids a favor. Both my son and daughter each have a friend staying with them Friday evening. I shared this fact with Jake, .........bless his heart,and even though he understands the lure of the IMAX theater.....he offered, myself, my wife, the kids and their friends free admission if my Jeep attends at least one of the evening showings. :lol:

So....what do I do? Well, with all due respect to Tim, JT, Raul, and Drew, you guys are awesome.....but my visit to the IMAX Friday night will just be a short one. The kids won me over......and Jake's offer didn't hurt either. ;)
No worries, Mike. You need to be with your family when you get the chance... especially with Jake offering to hook all of you up like that!
KNI1GHT wrote:Peace guys....thanks for humoring me in my attempts to win the IMAX over. :oops:

Mike
Like I said before, it's their loss and you did all you could. Thanks, man. See you Friday night!
1993 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
JP #21

Oklahoma State Dinosaur: Saurophaganax which can be seen in Oklahoma at The Sam Noble Museum

TulsaJurassicPark

Post by TulsaJurassicPark » April 4th, 2013, 10:47 pm

For the Gang headed to the 7:30pm showing at the Tulsa Cinemark IMAX theater....

You guys want to meet early (like 6pm or 5:30pm) across the street in Fudruckers ? we can park all the Jeeps in front and start the evening right... What you think ?

Raul (918)550-1191
=====================
Raul (Park Scientist)
Jurassic Behavior in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

DrewSmith007
Site Moderator
Vehicle Make/Model: 1993 Ford Explorer

Post by DrewSmith007 » April 4th, 2013, 10:50 pm

6:30 to 6:45 is about as soon as we'll be able to make it. Depending on the amount of people we want to get in the theater or line ASAP. I have to assume the close up seats in an IMAX suck...

cpltony
Completed JP Jeep

Post by cpltony » April 5th, 2013, 7:23 am

I'll be at the Warren here from about 5:00 onwards so no real 'show time' for me as I'll be with the Jeep the whole time.
92 Jeep Wrangler YJ
Jeep #18
Oklahoma

ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

Post by ratrace427 » April 5th, 2013, 12:47 pm

IMAX Tulsa 7:30 sold out. Hope everyone has their tickets.
I am John Sisemore on Facebook