Oklahoma 3D showing

Working a JP project or event? Post here to share with board members!
ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

Re: Oklahoma 3D showing

Post by ratrace427 » March 19th, 2013, 10:17 pm

free passes! That would be awesome! The Evil Dead remake comes out the same day, i am tempted to get there early to see it first. Tabitha would have nightmares. Oh well i am a big fan.
I am John Sisemore on Facebook

DrewSmith007
Site Moderator
Vehicle Make/Model: 1993 Ford Explorer

Post by DrewSmith007 » March 29th, 2013, 12:44 pm

Looks like we're going to be able to make the 7:30 showing in the IMAX.

KNI1GHT

Post by KNI1GHT » March 30th, 2013, 12:05 am

That's awesome Drew. Both Raul and myself have emailed Cameron back before this weekend got here, so we're still playing the waiting game. However there may be a contingency plan in effect if the answer is no to our inquiries about getting our vehicles up, close, and personal. :mrgreen:

One week and counting............ :twisted:

outatime

Post by outatime » March 30th, 2013, 3:53 am

KNI1GHT wrote: One week and counting............ :twisted:
Here in Arizona, a lot of our theaters have 10 PM showings on THURSDAY, April 4th. Is that the same for you guys?

KNI1GHT

Post by KNI1GHT » April 1st, 2013, 9:17 pm

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!! :lol:

Ok....now humor me on this guys. I've received my third email back from that IMAX theater with the same style message.........typically consisting of "yah, it sounds like a good idea, but let us get back with you."

Now.....you guys remember when some of us got together and did this?

At the Claremore Cinema? Well, my oll buddy Jacob, who runs that theater just informed me tonight that their theater does have one large format screen out of the 8 screens in their building, and they WILL be doing a showing of JP 3D Friday night as well. Not only that, but he's invited all of us Jeep and Jurassic Vehicle owners to the Friday night showing.

And yes.....with comped tickets for all those bringing a vehicle. Now.....if you're thinking what I'm thinking.....that nothing beats an IMAX movie.......you're right...and that theater in Tulsa we've all been discussing is really a nice one at that.......but so far, I've heard nothing back from Cameron about the vehicles, nor has anything been discussed about tickets......not that that's the most important element....but it does help.....some of us anyway. ;)

At any rate, Raul, Tim, Drew, JT, Shane, and anyone else I may be forgetting....you guys all know where the theater is in Claremore.....and yah...it's not T Town, and it's not the IMAX, but it is a large format 3D showing of Jurassic Park Friday night. And the theater is basically offering all of us a comped showing of Jurassic in 3D. All I'd have to do is let Jake know how many folks are coming with the vehicles, and he'd have all our tickets standing by.

We'd get to park right up front, and each one of us and a guest would get to see the movie for free.......again. :lol:

So just throwing this out there......I know Claremore is an extra 20 min down the highway.......but think about it guys. I've yet to hear anything back from Raul, whether it be though the site here, his email, or his cell phone in reguards to our attempted contacts with the IMAX manager......so I think I'm gonna do my buddy Jacob a favor and help the Claremore Cinema rack in some business.

Anyone wanna join me? I'll get you in for free. :lol:

Peace guys.

Mike

ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

Post by ratrace427 » April 1st, 2013, 10:18 pm

But IMAX :( ....Anything worth doing is worth doing right and IMAX does it right. The free tickets sound good but i was wanting to see it on the best screen available. I kinda had my heart set on it at this point. I was also wanting to see Evil Dead before we met up. I wonder if that will be showing at claremore? I dont know what to do. It might be really busy at the IMAX, not allowing us to park as a pack. It might be really dead in claremore and we not get the attention we would get in the parking lot at the IMAX. Even if we are parked out in the lot at the IMAX we will have more people walking and driving by. We should take a vote. I think the most important thing is the quality of the film even if nothing else works out so i vote IMAX.

What about my Evil Dead idea? I am off all day and i can be there early to watch that movie first. If we are seeing a 7ish showing we would meet up around 6ish. If E.D. is about 1.5 hours then i would be there around 4 pm before people get off work. I bet there would be good parking at that time. Anyone want to watch E.D.? We could meet up early and get good parking and place cones in empty spots between the vehicles to make room for the rest of the group. I also need a Evil Dead companion.
I am John Sisemore on Facebook

KNI1GHT

Post by KNI1GHT » April 1st, 2013, 10:53 pm

You do have a point bud. And doing it right is correct......but apparently the only thing the IMAX doesn't do right is return emails to their patrons. :lol:

Either way is good for me.....but my kids caught wind of what the Claremore Theater is doing, and they have already given me their opinion. ;) I'd love to see it at the IMAX, but my gut is telling me Claremore. I will investigate the Evil Dead showing as well and see if it's in the Friday night lineup.

In addition, myself, my Knight Rider car, my Jurassic Jeep, and the Ghostbusers are doing The 80s Prom Sat night in Tulsa at the IDL Ballroom. Rob has already set aside spots for the cars, and comped even MORE tickets for THAT event. :lol:

So needless to say.....my weekend just got very very very busy.......but fun too. :D And if I'm not careful.....between two back to back trips to T Town, with a total of 3 vehicles in tow, 4 IMAX tickets, plus Saturday nights events.......my play money is going bye bye. :oops:

This is one of them times when being married, having two kids, a few Movie vehicles, and a few outings planned becomes a delicate juggling act. And lord knows I don't always succeed at it. But.....as we've been saying....we still have a few days left. At this point....I'm sure anything is a possibility, and for those that have already bought tickets to the IMAX, well, they'd be crazy to come to Claremore. :lol: I got many of you out here once before......and if the majority chooses the IMAX, more power to yah. It won't hurt my feelings.....too much. ;) I'm even having a hard time scratching my head over it.......but, you know the juggling act I mentioned..........gotta keep things in balance if I can. ;)

Peace man.

Mike

MrScorpio

Post by MrScorpio » April 2nd, 2013, 3:54 am

KNI1GHT wrote:In addition, myself, my Knight Rider car, my Jurassic Jeep, and the Ghostbusers are doing The 80s Prom Sat night in Tulsa at the IDL Ballroom. Rob has already set aside spots for the cars, and comped even MORE tickets for THAT event. :lol:

So needless to say.....my weekend just got very very very busy.......but fun too. :D
I know where you are coming from. I had a lot of fun at the theater in Claremore last time but I'm going to need to stick to Tulsa this weekend (sorry). My girlfriend got someone to cover the first couple of hours of her shift and she's going to have to take off right after the movie and go to work in BA.
ratrace427 wrote:I also need a Evil Dead companion.
I'll get back with you about Evil Dead as soon as I can. I've been thinking about seeing it anyway :D
1993 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
JP #21

Oklahoma State Dinosaur: Saurophaganax which can be seen in Oklahoma at The Sam Noble Museum

TulsaJurassicPark

Post by TulsaJurassicPark » April 2nd, 2013, 5:57 am

Gang... I keep getting the Same result for the manager in the IMAX on 71st... NO ANSWER... :cry: :x I guess we will have to buy the tickets ourselves and do it anyway... Sorry Guys...!
Anyone want to join me tomorrow during the day and visit them in person in our Jeeps and see if that rattles their cage... LOL

BUT either way, I am willing to pay for my ticket and enjoy this once in a lifetime event in its FULL Glory... 3D IMAX.

Mike, please thank the theater manager and staff for their continuous support... they are awesome, I just wish they had an IMAX theater in their building...
I would be willing to go another day and make it an event but I know where I'm going to be this upcoming Friday..

I propose meeting at 6:45ish for the 7:30pm showing unless you guys want to be there earlier....at the IMAX 3D Cinemark of 169 and 71st Street... Who is in ?
=====================
Raul (Park Scientist)
Jurassic Behavior in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

MrScorpio

Post by MrScorpio » April 2nd, 2013, 7:12 am

I'll see you there Raul. Might get there earlier than you. Not sure I can wait that long, lol.
1993 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
JP #21

Oklahoma State Dinosaur: Saurophaganax which can be seen in Oklahoma at The Sam Noble Museum