Hey Oklahoma Crew!! Jurassic Park on the Big Screen

Working a JP project or event? Post here to share with board members!
COBrian
Completed JP Jeep

Re: Hey Oklahoma Crew!! Jurassic Park on the Big Screen

Post by COBrian » August 23rd, 2012, 8:42 pm

Look on craigslist for jeep parts.

Also look for a specialty jeep parter. Here in Denver we have at least 2 places that only part jeeps. There are also some online sources that specialize in jeep parts.
1993 Sahara - JP29 - Denver, CO

DrewSmith007
Site Moderator
Vehicle Make/Model: 1993 Ford Explorer

Post by DrewSmith007 » August 24th, 2012, 8:55 pm

Got my tickets for the screening. And I'll be bringing these...

ImperialTrooper
Site Administrator

Post by ImperialTrooper » August 24th, 2012, 9:04 pm

Looks amazing!

MrScorpio

Post by MrScorpio » August 24th, 2012, 9:44 pm

DrewSmith007 wrote:Got my tickets for the screening. And I'll be bringing these...
Sweet! I can't wait!
1993 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
JP #21

Oklahoma State Dinosaur: Saurophaganax which can be seen in Oklahoma at The Sam Noble Museum

cpltony
Completed JP Jeep

Post by cpltony » August 25th, 2012, 2:31 pm

Turns out my buddy will be there Thursday so Drew I need to get payment to you ASAP so he can pick both up.
92 Jeep Wrangler YJ
Jeep #18
Oklahoma

DrewSmith007
Site Moderator

Post by DrewSmith007 » August 25th, 2012, 6:04 pm

No worries man, I know you're good for it.

derekeichelman
Completed JP Jeep

Post by derekeichelman » August 26th, 2012, 8:48 pm

Those look sick! Any way I can buy one?

Derek-
1995 YJ Wrangler
JP 18

KNI1GHT

Post by KNI1GHT » August 29th, 2012, 11:15 pm

Those look freaken awesome Drew. You guys must all have a thing for getting eaten in your Jeeps. ;) ......................... :lol:

But they really do look very good. I've put together a Gerry Harding outfit (as I call it) modeled after the Doc in the movie, and the main character in the game. Looks good and after acquiring a new collection of JP Patches online, I think it does the theme justice.

I already gave Raul grief about missing the showing tomorrow.....but in all fairness to him......visiting his mom in Peurto Rico for her birthday would be hard to say no too, and probably not a good thing to miss. :)

But Tickets Drew? Did you buy them?

Jake is comping the tickets for the guys bringing Jeeps. ;)

Also, (promise not too laugh here) I have a buddy in the town of Owasso (about 20 min from here) who is head over heels for the Jurassic Park movies, and their vehicles. Enough to the point where he already purchased an Explorer, and although he is well known for having General Lee's made, as well as having one of the Fall Guy Trucks.....he was insistent on getting his Explorer done up for this showing tomorrow. He is using that same shop "PaintMasters" in Tulsa that myself, Raul, and Tim all used for our Jeeps. However, they can't get to his Explorer for another few weeks......so leave it to Shane to attempt the paint job on his own. :D

He swears this is only until the vehicle get's to paint masters.......but his heart is in the right place.....so don't be too hard on him...... :D

This pic was from about two weeks ago.....

Little does he realize the work he's giving Phil and the guys at Paintmasters since now they're gonna have to sand off that paint to do the Explorer right. But....I'm not one to talk......and I'm not known for my patience either. :lol: Don't know how far along he's come since that pic......but we shall see I guess. Too bad he couldn't get it to them in time.....be he and his kids really wanted to come to this showing tomorrow......and he's all about bringing his Ford. :D

As far as I know, my Jeep and Tim's Jeep will be there roughly around 530ish, as well as Shane's Ford shortly thereafter......so until then......peace all. :mrgreen:

Mike

DrewSmith007
Site Moderator

Post by DrewSmith007 » August 29th, 2012, 11:40 pm

I did get tickets, two of them actually. But, I'm also bringing Raul's jeep, so I don't know if they'll comp us or not. If they do, your friend is welcome to the other tickets if he needs them.

I hope he comes with the explorer, as I'm originally from Owasso, and plan on moving back soon, and am also doing an explorer. Would be to freaking cool to have 2 of them in the same town...

KNI1GHT

Post by KNI1GHT » August 30th, 2012, 2:59 am

Moving back to Owasso? Awesome man. And to see two Explorers running around........that would be one of those double take or jaw dropping moments. :D I debated pulling my boat behind me tomorrow since it matches my Jeep (including red Jeep rims on the trailer) and because it will be heavily used this weekend at the lake.....but not so sure. It's kinda rough. Looks like it's been attacked a few times. :lol: Prob just stick with the Jeep.

It'll be nice to finally meet you in person......hopefully Raul has been kind. :D

Peace man.

Mike