Hey Oklahoma Crew!! Jurassic Park on the Big Screen

Working a JP project or event? Post here to share with board members!
KNI1GHT

Re: Hey Oklahoma Crew!! Jurassic Park on the Big Screen

Post by KNI1GHT » August 2nd, 2012, 7:50 am

I've seen that theater in Sapulpa Tim. It's not too far from where Joey lives. And according to Jake, and the ad on their Facebook page, this Oklahoma Jurassic screening on the 30th, is going to be tried out in the Claremore theater only for the B and B theaters in our particular region of Oklahoma. I'll ask Jake next time we chat though. Couldn't hurt to find out for sure. :)

Embracetherust

Post by Embracetherust » August 2nd, 2012, 9:28 am

North Carolina here, wish he had this going on where I'm at. Would LOVE to see it on the big screen again

cpltony
Completed JP Jeep

Post by cpltony » August 2nd, 2012, 5:21 pm

Embracetherust wrote:North Carolina here, wish he had this going on where I'm at. Would LOVE to see it on the big screen again
ROAD TRIP!!
92 Jeep Wrangler YJ
Jeep #18
Oklahoma

MrScorpio

Post by MrScorpio » August 2nd, 2012, 9:27 pm

KNI1GHT wrote:And according to Jake, and the ad on their Facebook page, this Oklahoma Jurassic screening on the 30th, is going to be tried out in the Claremore theater only for the B and B theaters in our particular region of Oklahoma.
Ah, ok. It'll be cooler to have 3 (or 4) JP Jeeps all in one place anyway.
1993 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
JP #21

Oklahoma State Dinosaur: Saurophaganax which can be seen in Oklahoma at The Sam Noble Museum

KNI1GHT

Post by KNI1GHT » August 3rd, 2012, 1:43 am

MrScorpio wrote:Do we need to split up? Looks like there is a theater in Sapulpa but I don't know if they are showing it there. Guess I could cover that one as long as I get the same deal.
The Sapulpa Theater by Joey's house isn't showing it I've been told. Besides, haven't you heard the saying....."Strength in Numbers?" :lol:

Chat with you soon Tim. :mrgreen:

ticksax

Post by ticksax » August 4th, 2012, 2:43 pm

Hello,

I actually run the B&B in Dallas, TX showing Jurassic Park on the 30th!

Would love to see about getting some Jeeps for promotion!

My contact info is

Chris Tickner
chris.tickner@bbtheatres.com

Thank you for any help!

KNI1GHT

Post by KNI1GHT » August 9th, 2012, 1:21 am

Hello again. Nothing new to report as of yet. I have been seeing more flyers going up, not too mention I printed off two of them so the guys at my Radio Shack store I work at can put them in the window too. They're all jazzed about this Jurassic showing too. Not too mention, they carry a lot of our Jeep's antennas. :D

And that's awesome to hear about the B & B in Texas Chris. I'm sure if the word got out, you'd probably have yourself a few Jeeps. I'm not to versed on how many their are in that area......but perhaps if you do a new Topic with "Hey Texas" in the subject line, you may attract a few. ;) I'll keep my eyes opened as to anyone that I know of that is in that area.

And I tried Google Translator on Accurniminc's comment. Call me ignorant.....but I don't think you guys want me posting the translation here. :oops: Either that, or I F'd something up while translating it. LoL.

Hope all is well with you guys....and Tim, I'm gonna start riding Raul's butt to get his Jeep out and about. Figuratively speaking. If he's got too much on his plate......maybe he'd let Eric snag it. Eric's already taken my Jeep a few times, and I got to hold his AutoBot for ransome until he came back with it. :lol:

Anywho....the 30th is slowly approaching. Chat with you guys soon.

Peace all.

Mike

MrScorpio

Post by MrScorpio » August 9th, 2012, 4:56 pm

KNI1GHT wrote:....and Tim, I'm gonna start riding Raul's butt to get his Jeep out and about. Figuratively speaking. If he's got too much on his plate......maybe he'd let Eric snag it. Eric's already taken my Jeep a few times, and I got to hold his AutoBot for ransome until he came back with it. :lol:

Anywho....the 30th is slowly approaching. Chat with you guys soon.

Peace all.

Mike
Hopefully Raul can be there in person but I know that sometimes it just doesn't work out that way. Can't wait for the 30th but I'm looking forward to the 17th as well (are they comping the popcorn for that one too? :D ).
JP #21

Oklahoma State Dinosaur: Saurophaganax which can be seen in Oklahoma at The Sam Noble Museum

KNI1GHT

Post by KNI1GHT » August 18th, 2012, 12:01 am

Hi guys. An update for the folks following this post, and for our buds around Oklahoma......

Today, myself and Tim took the Jeeps back to the theater for some Advertising Assistance for the upcoming Jurassic Park showing on the 30th.

Just sharing to let the folks know the evening is still in full swing....and Jake, the general manager was nice enough to comp our tickets for a Friday night showing of whatever we wanted. :D Since my kiddos joined us, we saw ParaNorman. Pretty cool movie......for a kids movie. ;)

But adding to the theater decor....there are even more JP flyers up around the place, with a large sign Jake made advertising the 30th. Not too mention.....a buddy of mine in a nearby town is diligently working to get his JP Explorer done in time for this nightly showing. He's wanting my help with the bubble top roof....but I told him that would have to wait till after Halloween. ;)

Here's some pics from this evening....

my kiddos playing vehicle security......

and looking at this pic tells me two things.....one, I'm probably gonna loose my Jeep when a certain little girl I know turns 16.....and two, The Jurassic Park Jeep website will probably get a new member. :lol:

Since it was a Friday night.....the crowds were diggin the Jeeps, and lots of folks taking pics with the Jeeps as well. All in all, it was a good evening that I know is gonna lead up to an even bigger one. :mrgreen:

Kudos to Tim for braving the drive back to Claremore yet again to come and hang out, and play Jurassic Park stuff. LoL

Peace all.

Mike

MrScorpio

Post by MrScorpio » August 18th, 2012, 4:38 pm

KNI1GHT wrote:Hi guys. An update for the folks following this post, and for our buds around Oklahoma......

Today, myself and Tim took the Jeeps back to the theater for some Advertising Assistance for the upcoming Jurassic Park showing on the 30th.

Just sharing to let the folks know the evening is still in full swing....and Jake, the general manager was nice enough to comp our tickets for a Friday night showing of whatever we wanted. :D Since my kiddos joined us, we saw ParaNorman. Pretty cool movie......for a kids movie. ;)
I thought the movie was really cool. I've always been a horror movie fan and this had enough B Movie moments to take me back to my own childhood sitting in front of the TV (way past my bedtime) watching Channel 8's Plenty Scary Movie. The fact that Jake comped the tickets was just icing on the cake :D
KNI1GHT wrote:But adding to the theater decor....there are even more JP flyers up around the place, with a large sign Jake made advertising the 30th. Not too mention.....a buddy of mine in a nearby town is diligently working to get his JP Explorer done in time for this nightly showing. He's wanting my help with the bubble top roof....but I told him that would have to wait till after Halloween. ;)
Can't wait for him to get that Explorer done. If your buddy and Ratrace get done in time then Jake will get more than he bargained for when we take up half of his parking lot :lol:
JP #21