Hey Oklahoma Crew!! Jurassic Park on the Big Screen

Working a JP project or event? Post here to share with board members!
KNI1GHT

Re: Hey Oklahoma Crew!! Jurassic Park on the Big Screen

Post by KNI1GHT » July 27th, 2012, 2:53 pm

Hey guys, since my contact with that general manager Jake has been very sparatic since I started this post, I'm gonna try to go catch him at the theater this weekend. I think he's talking with their marketing director right now about all this. I'd do it right now, but believe it or not, I'm about 135 miles from home, in OKC at Frontier City. :-) I'll check with him again and get right back with u guys. I'm eager to know too.

DrewSmith007
Site Moderator
Vehicle Make/Model: 1993 Ford Explorer

Post by DrewSmith007 » July 27th, 2012, 4:48 pm

I got their website from the poster in the image in the first post. They have a FB button, and this was the site it linked to: http://www.facebook.com/bbtheatres?ref=ts

I still can't check it.

cpltony
Completed JP Jeep

Post by cpltony » July 27th, 2012, 5:15 pm

Ahh, thought it was a page for the JP Retro event. Thanks though
92 Jeep Wrangler YJ
Jeep #18
Oklahoma

KNI1GHT

Post by KNI1GHT » July 27th, 2012, 5:31 pm

While at Frontier City today, Jake called me. LoL
I'm gonna go see him tonight at the theater. I'll ask about the FB page and get as much info as I can from him.

Tim oll buddy, if yer out there.... Wanna join me since youre closer to the theater than most? :-)

KNI1GHT

Post by KNI1GHT » July 30th, 2012, 2:19 am

Update.....

Ok, Friday evening I did like I said I was gonna do, and went back to the theater to meet up with Jake, their general manager. Only this time, Tim joined me as well. :) We both sat down with Jake asking him about the showing of JP on Aug 30th, and got some more additional details as well. Not too mention.....we made the front of the theater look a little cooler too....

:D

Anyway, moving on.......Jake told us that he'd like to have a few of the Jeeps earlier in the month of August as well to help advertise locally what they are doing. While me and Tim were in his office, he was even surfing the net, acquiring full sized Jurassic Park Movie posters for the theaters, and to add to the advertising for the showing on the 30th. As far as a few of the Jeeps being their earlier in the month......here's the deal with that......

Myself and Tim are thinking Aug 17th (not the main showing) rather eye candy advertisements for the upcoming 30th showing, after chatting with Jake, he felt that having a few of the Jeeps parked out front the weekend or two before the JP Movie showing, would help kick it off even more, and too spread the word.

I did ask him several questions like, will the movie be in it's original "film" format, digital, DVD, etc, and about the facebook page they have. He said it will not be the original "film" strip format since that theater (as well as most in the area) don't use the projectors anymore. He said just about all of them have the Movies, new and old, sent to them via satellite and the final print is then fed into the theater's equipment, then shown on the big screen. That would explain the multiple satellites all over the theater's roof. As far as it being a DVD copy, a digital remastered copy, or what.....he said he won't know for sure until a week or so before the showing. And as far as BandB Cinema's Facebook page goes, he said that's a general information page they use for upcoming movies, but why there is no info on the JP Showing yet, he's not sure, but did assure me they will be advertising this showing on the 30th.

He went on to remind me that the Jeep owners and a guest will be comped the evening of the showing. They're only charging 5 bucks a ticket versus the typical 10 dollar ticket costs, so at least that's nice to know for folks coming without a vehicle. ;) He also told me that they've already sold some tickets for the 30th's showing, and are hoping to have it sold out by the 30th.

At this point, I'm waiting to see what type of advertising/marketing they are planning other than having my Jeep and Tim's Jeep there a week or so earlier during their big weekend nights. He did tell me that if any of the folks bringing a Jurassic Vehicle had any questions for him, to feel free to email him with any questions they may have. His name is Jacob Sanders and his email is ClaremoreManager@bbtheatres.com

I guess in the here and now, it's pretty much a waiting game until the theater needs us for their week early advertising, and then the showing on the 30th. Myself and Tim will be there for their "hey look what's coming" advertising weekend which I think we've agreed to be the 17th. Correct me if I'm wrong on that Tim...... ;) , and as far as the 30th goes, I think we've got Raul on board with his JP Jeep in Tulsa, myself of course, Tim, and he did say that RatRace is working to get his Jeep going as well.

I'll keep you guys informed if Jake emails me again or contacts me with any new news. But for now.....make plans on coming down to my neck of the woods Thurs evening August 30th. :D

Peace guys,

chat with you soon.

Mike

MrScorpio

Post by MrScorpio » July 30th, 2012, 3:16 pm

KNI1GHT wrote:I guess in the here and now, it's pretty much a waiting game until the theater needs us for their week early advertising, and then the showing on the 30th. Myself and Tim will be there for their "hey look what's coming" advertising weekend which I think we've agreed to be the 17th. Correct me if I'm wrong on that Tim...... ;) , and as far as the 30th goes, I think we've got Raul on board with his JP Jeep in Tulsa, myself of course, Tim, and he did say that RatRace is working to get his Jeep going as well.
I plan on being there on the 17th and I'm still thinking about going back on the 24th if he'll let me :D
1993 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
JP #21

Oklahoma State Dinosaur: Saurophaganax which can be seen in Oklahoma at The Sam Noble Museum

ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

Post by ratrace427 » July 31st, 2012, 10:48 pm

I got the itch to call my paint guy last week when i was out of town. This itch was brought on by passing two JP jeeps on the road in Massachusetts. Everyone drives jeeps in Massachusetts so it makes sense there would be more there. He called me back on the home phone and left a message. He tells me that he needs to finish the car he is working on then do a roof of a mustang, then it is my turn. The roof has a dent from a ceiling light and the current car status is unknown. I would say that the roof would take one week. At the most! He will need to sand the roof,remove the headliner,knock the dent out and repaint. The paint will have to dry before spraying on the clear and then the clear will have to dry before sanding and buffing. With this heat i think the dry time will be at a minimal. So i guess it comes down to where he is on the current project. ????? I think i will be without my jeep on movie night but it will be close. I have high hopes that the current job is done within a week.
I am John Sisemore on Facebook

MrScorpio

Post by MrScorpio » August 1st, 2012, 5:36 pm

Cool. I hope your paint guy get's your Jeep done in time. That would be way cool. You can still go even if he doesn't though.
JP #21

Oklahoma State Dinosaur: Saurophaganax which can be seen in Oklahoma at The Sam Noble Museum

KNI1GHT

Post by KNI1GHT » August 1st, 2012, 9:17 pm

That would be cool. :)

Jake called me back yet again by the way. You'll never guess what he spent his afternoon doing yesterday..............browsing THIS website. :D With the Regional Director of ALL THE B and B Cinemas sitting by his side. LoL.

Why you ask??? Well, apparently our Jeeps and this thing that's happening on the 30th is getting around. Enough to the point where even a few of the B and B Cinema's are doing the same thing in the Dallas Texas area. All over Oklahoma and all over Texas I guess this August 30th JP Showing is happening. So much for it being a local only thing. LoL. But I think it's just in a few designated theaters. At any rate, when Jake called, he asked if I knew of any JP Jeep owners in the Dallas TX area.

Not sure I do. :lol:

At any rate, whether you guys are reading this post from our neck of the woods or your own, you may want to do some investigating. Apparently now, the B and B Cinema managers are taking it upon themselves to explore this Jurassic Park Jeep website in an attempt to find Jurassic Jeeps in their area. :D

My apologies for whoring out your vehicles guys.......but I figured you would agree with me. :lol:

Peace guys......I'll be back.

Mike

MrScorpio

Post by MrScorpio » August 2nd, 2012, 5:02 am

Do we need to split up? Looks like there is a theater in Sapulpa but I don't know if they are showing it there. Guess I could cover that one as long as I get the same deal.
JP #21