thinking about possible base vehicles

Working a JP project or event? Post here to share with board members!
symblieye

thinking about possible base vehicles

Post by symblieye » June 15th, 2012, 9:29 pm

You guys have done quite a few of these, about how much money do you all estimate it would take to do a jp jeep if, to start off with:

94 sahara but it needs:

- rims
- tires
- fender
- bumper
- light rail
- rail lights
- doors

... should i just keep looking for a different base vehicle?

It would probably help if some of you would be willing to post your overall cost of project not including cost of vehicle, that might let me know best whether or not I should get into this right now
2002 Nissan Sentra SER
1995 Chevrolet 1500
1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - JP In Progress!
1981 Delorean DMC-12
1975 Vanguard Citicar

DrewSmith007
Site Moderator
Vehicle Make/Model: 1993 Ford Explorer

Re: thinking about possible base vehicles

Post by DrewSmith007 » June 15th, 2012, 10:43 pm

It all depends on how accurate you want to go, and how accurate and clean your base is. Too many variables.

You could be happy with a stock 93+ sahara with painted wheels, stripes and decals. That would be a good, but ultimately not screen accurate jeep (because the color is slightly off) for probably $200 over the cost of the jeep if you painted yourself.

Or, you could have a green 95 with the wrong color dash and paint, want a perfect screen accurate number 12 that you pay someone to paint. That would probably be close to or more than the amount you paid for the jeep in order to convert it.

So, I guess my question is "How much are you concerned with screen accuracy?" and "Do you have a jeep or one in mind that you want to buy?"

symblieye

Post by symblieye » June 16th, 2012, 12:16 am

I am kind of a picky person, I know that if I stare at an inaccuracy every time I get in the jeep its going to bug me until I change / correct it. You bring up a good point about the dash though, some of the saharas ive seen have green dashes but people on the forum say the dash was gray, so did the 92 have a grey dash, but in 93-95 did jeep make the dash green? the ones in the movie had green sahara doors, green sahara seats, but a grey dash?
2002 Nissan Sentra SER
1995 Chevrolet 1500
1981 Delorean DMC-12
1975 Vanguard Citicar

ImperialTrooper
Site Administrator

Post by ImperialTrooper » June 16th, 2012, 2:08 am

I don't think green dashes were made. You might be getting confused with the fact that 92 saharas had grey dashes with green door panels and carpet.

ImperialTrooper
Site Administrator

Post by ImperialTrooper » June 16th, 2012, 2:13 am

You'll need to decide if you are making a replica of a specific JP Jeep or a custom one. Different numbers had different accessories. As expensive as all this is, I find that tracking down the parts is really the hardest thing, especially if you are going for accuracy. By the time you find the exact part, you'll have enough saved up, lol!

symblieye

Post by symblieye » June 19th, 2012, 10:42 pm

Thanks for the advice! I've always liked the soft top look, gonna go for nedrys
2002 Nissan Sentra SER
1995 Chevrolet 1500
1981 Delorean DMC-12
1975 Vanguard Citicar

Jack_Fauth
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Jack_Fauth » June 20th, 2012, 9:19 am

i think if i was to do it again i would make a 18 or 29, The lights are very cool and i love how you can move and spot with them. Here is the problem. They always bounce around and move left to right, I drive my jeep everyday and the lights need adjusted back to facing forward daily...and they whistle at speeds over 50 MPH.
They are pretty loud and i have tried to quiet them down but nothing seems to help. Luckily i never take the jeep on too long of distances so it is not too bad :oops: .
If i wouldn't have done a number 12, I could have saved around $500 on my conversion. Maybe I'll do a second Jeep without lights... :D My wife could use a jeep
His and Hers......

And yes beige jeeps had the gray dash green interior, green Saharas had the tan dash , tan interior. Check out my build thread to see how i changed my interior over to the correct colors
Still selling complete decal/stencil kits in any number

Jeep conversion service http://www.no-limitcustoms.com

95 Sahara- PA Jeep#12-SOLD
000 _oooo_
00/| ,[___],
|--L
@/--[]lllll[]-
()_) 0 ()_)-o-)_)

kokopelli

Post by kokopelli » October 2nd, 2012, 6:04 pm

And yes beige jeeps had the gray dash green interior, green Saharas had the tan dash , tan interior. Check out my build thread to see how i changed my interior over to the correct colors
no trying to nit-pick, and I know I'm brand new, but I have a lot of Jeep knowledge.

92-94 Sahara's had the grey dash and steering wheel, green carpet, door panels and console no matter exterior color. Soft tops were available in black, spice or olive. Hardtops either spice or black.

95 Sahara had all spice interior no matter exterior color. Olive color dropped on the soft top.

Also, on the 92-93, the stock rims were the steel five stars, silver for green exterior and a gold/tan color for the Sand Beige/Light Champagne exterior. In 95 both exterior colors got the silver rims.

This was to follow the tradition set from the 88-91 Saharas, where the rims were the regular 'steelies', but were painted to match the exterior colors.
BTW, the 'tan' version of the Sahara's were a small percentage of Sahara's built.
If you ever see a tan pre 92 Sahara, you're looking at a very rare Jeep. Those were beautiful!

solika170

Post by solika170 » February 26th, 2020, 1:30 am

It all depends on how accurate you want to go, and how accurate and clean your base is. Too many variables.

แทงหวยออนไลน์

ดูหนังใหม่ชนโรง