Tulsa, OK JPJeep Meet

Working a JP project or event? Post here to share with board members!
TulsaJurassicPark

Re: Tulsa, OK JPJeep Meet

Post by TulsaJurassicPark » April 25th, 2012, 8:55 am

Love to meet you guys and It doesn't matter whether your replica is started or not... we can always see what we can do to help you find your parts etc.
=====================
Raul (Park Scientist)
Jurassic Behavior in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

Post by ratrace427 » April 25th, 2012, 9:52 am

I would love to see you guys and talk jp jeep. I could use some of your opinions on the upcoming transformation. I am going to be out of town for a concert this weekend and a car show next weekend though =( This is my two weeks off for vacation and i have both weekends booked up. Im sure i will catch up with you guys sometime.
I am John Sisemore on Facebook

KNI1GHT

Post by KNI1GHT » April 25th, 2012, 11:46 am

Hey guys, I just sent out an email to my contact at The Tulsa Zoo. I let her know of what this group was, and we are wanting to do. She's been such a sweetheart over the years with our Ghostbuster crew and accommodating us during Halloween. She's been very instrumental in helping us with our appearances and as I said before, they've already used my Jeep previously.

Since it sounds like dates are available for some, and not for others......I figured I just roll the dice, pitch a proposal or idea to her and the Zoo, and see what happens. ;)

She's very good about returning calls and emails, so I'll share with you guys her response as soon as I hear back from her.
Stay tuned.....

Mike

KNI1GHT

Post by KNI1GHT » April 25th, 2012, 6:34 pm

Okie dokie guys...... she responded, and here's her return email.......

Mike –

So great to hear from you!

Your timing could not be more perfect! We are potentially bringing in a dinosaur-themed temporary exhibit in Spring 2013. While we’d have to wait until then, it would be absolutely PERFECT! I’ll know more in the next couple of weeks and will get back with you then.

I would also love to book you guys for HallowZOOeen…let me know if you’re available. We would love to pay you for your time.

Thanks!

Whitney

How freaken cool is that. :D Unfortunately....the dino exhibit she's referring to won't be for another year. :( No matter.....I'm still investigating possibilities and if we can't have it as we've been talking about here.....then how about we just all find a time to meet.....and let fate see what happens next. ;) At least we know we can have one hell of a get together next Spring. :D

Be back soon.

Peace guys..

Mike

MrScorpio

Post by MrScorpio » April 25th, 2012, 7:36 pm

KNI1GHT wrote:How freaken cool is that. :D Unfortunately....the dino exhibit she's referring to won't be for another year. :( No matter.....I'm still investigating possibilities and if we can't have it as we've been talking about here.....then how about we just all find a time to meet.....and let fate see what happens next. ;) At least we know we can have one hell of a get together next Spring. :D

Be back soon.

Peace guys..

Mike
I wonder if they are thinking about trying to tie it into the re-release of Jurassic Park in 3D? That could be cool. Lucky for them we know a couple of guys with JP Jeeps...

I know it's hard to coordinate this many schedules but I'm looking forward to any gathering we can work up even if it's only 2 or 3 of us at a time until we can do something bigger. Some of us could still get together for the outdoor JP viewing this weekend (hint, hint).
1993 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
JP #21

Oklahoma State Dinosaur: Saurophaganax which can be seen in Oklahoma at The Sam Noble Museum

KNI1GHT

Post by KNI1GHT » April 26th, 2012, 5:30 pm

MrScorpio wrote:
KNI1GHT wrote:How freaken cool is that. :D Unfortunately....the dino exhibit she's referring to won't be for another year. :( No matter.....I'm still investigating possibilities and if we can't have it as we've been talking about here.....then how about we just all find a time to meet.....and let fate see what happens next. ;) At least we know we can have one hell of a get together next Spring. :D

Be back soon.

Peace guys..

Mike
I wonder if they are thinking about trying to tie it into the re-release of Jurassic Park in 3D? That could be cool. Lucky for them we know a couple of guys with JP Jeeps...

I know it's hard to coordinate this many schedules but I'm looking forward to any gathering we can work up even if it's only 2 or 3 of us at a time until we can do something bigger. Some of us could still get together for the outdoor JP viewing this weekend (hint, hint).
Me and Raul were talking about that last night Tim. I'm game if you guys are. Let's just pick a place.....and meet. :D Tulsa is a good half way point for me since I'm in Claremore. If you guys have any thoughts, I'm all ears. I know I'm stuck on this Zoo thing :lol: ....but next thing that comes to mind is MoHawk Park just outside the Zoo entrance. They have pick nick grounds, fire pits, and tons of wooded areas that would be awesome for pic taking with the Jeeps. And it's right next to the urban areas of Tulsa.

If you're driving into the Zoo's main entrance, you'll see all sorts of areas throughout MoHawk park. What do you guys think? :)

Oh yah....did you find my FB page Tim?

Peace

Mike

MrScorpio

Post by MrScorpio » April 26th, 2012, 7:42 pm

KNI1GHT wrote:Me and Raul were talking about that last night Tim. I'm game if you guys are. Let's just pick a place.....and meet. :D Tulsa is a good half way point for me since I'm in Claremore. If you guys have any thoughts, I'm all ears. I know I'm stuck on this Zoo thing :lol: ....but next thing that comes to mind is MoHawk Park just outside the Zoo entrance. They have pick nick grounds, fire pits, and tons of wooded areas that would be awesome for pic taking with the Jeeps. And it's right next to the urban areas of Tulsa.

If you're driving into the Zoo's main entrance, you'll see all sorts of areas throughout MoHawk park. What do you guys think? :)

Oh yah....did you find my FB page Tim?

Peace

Mike
Mohawk is good for me. I've taken pics out there before and it does make a great backdrop.
JP #21

Oklahoma State Dinosaur: Saurophaganax which can be seen in Oklahoma at The Sam Noble Museum

DrewSmith007
Site Moderator
Vehicle Make/Model: 1993 Ford Explorer

Post by DrewSmith007 » April 27th, 2012, 9:12 am

Mohawk works for me as well. What day and time?

KNI1GHT

Post by KNI1GHT » April 27th, 2012, 9:48 am

Looks like a 60% chance of thunderstorms Sunday. I say a little after noonish or so tomorrow. :D

The Port Road (or 36th St. North - same road) runs right past the big sign that says "Tulsa Zoo Living Museum" If you enter there, cross the train tracks, there are a number of turns you can make to explore different areas of the park. I'd say that after you turn off of 36th St. North, just keep going straight after crossing the tracks, and proceed forward. I know several areas between that point and the actual Zoo parking lot that may work for a meeting place.

If you follow that above, after crossing the tracks......you'll come up on several picknick areas spread around there. Sounds like myself and Tim are on board....waiting for Raul to chime in, either here, or via a text message I sent him this morning. :lol:

I think I'll be out there shortly after 12 tomorrow afternoon. Stay tuned.....I think I have a pic or two of the area I'm talking about.

Comment is invited. :lol:

Mike

MrScorpio

Post by MrScorpio » April 27th, 2012, 3:22 pm

cpltony wrote:Not knowing the Tulsa area I'm leaving it up to the locals to get it planned and scheduled...I'm booking customers for this coming weekend Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon only to free up Saturday night so I plan to make the drive from OKC.
We'll need to see when Tony is planning on getting into town and I you already heard from Drew so we might wait till a little later in the afternoon. jdhuff86 seems to be fairly flexible on time so we can always get together and talk JP and Jeeps till the others show up.
JP #21