Tulsa, OK JPJeep Meet

Working a JP project or event? Post here to share with board members!
DrewSmith007
Site Moderator
Vehicle Make/Model: 1993 Ford Explorer

Tulsa, OK JPJeep Meet

Post by DrewSmith007 » April 19th, 2012, 5:41 pm

I thought I would start this so we can start to plan a meetup. I'm not free this weekend, but I am next weekend. After 6pm Saturday, April 28th, and all day April 29th, Sunday.

Thought's on where to go for photo and video ops, and what else we could do? I like the idea of an outdoor JP screening. It would also be cool to cruise memorial or something like that. I havn't done that since junior high...

MrScorpio

Re: Tulsa, OK JPJeep Meet

Post by MrScorpio » April 19th, 2012, 7:42 pm

Saturday the 28th I have plans to go to the Oklahoma Renaissance Festival in Muskogee. I like to be there when they open so I could arrange to be back in town by 6pm if we decide to do something then. I'm free all day Sunday as well.
1993 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
JP #21

Oklahoma State Dinosaur: Saurophaganax which can be seen in Oklahoma at The Sam Noble Museum

cpltony
Completed JP Jeep

Post by cpltony » April 23rd, 2012, 10:01 pm

Right now I'm free....I'll check with my buddy to see if I can stay overnight in Tulsa to save the late drive back
92 Jeep Wrangler YJ
Jeep #18
Oklahoma

KNI1GHT

Post by KNI1GHT » April 24th, 2012, 10:43 pm

As far as the projector and a location for the outdoor screening........an idea is brewing. :twisted: I'm open on dates too. I know this upcoming weekend is suppose to be a wet one (at least according to our unreliable weather forecasts) and me personally......am free for the next several weekends. I'm wondering if I can get in touch with the guy behind the Admiral Twin? I've met him before at a previous benefit show we did for it's rebuilding. Now granted....my projector won't cover that entire screen... :lol: but it will project up to a 35 foot diagonal screen. :D

All we need is a large outdoor surface....like a blank wall or building, and some available outdoor power.

With all the shows I've done with Kitt and Ecto and the Ghostbusters.....I know several small buisness owners in the Tulsa and Claremore area that would probably love to accommodate the Jeeps, the gathering, the screening, and our get together. It's just about picking a good location, and a good time for everyone. What I'm going to do between now and this weekend (especially since tomorrow is a day off for me) is do some investigating into areas that would be able to accommodate us, and would be willing to offer any assistance.

I've actually been successful in the past pulling of gatherings like this. One I did for the M.S. Society to help them raise money, and had a Super Cinema 8 Movie Theater give us the run of their fascility for a movie and TV car carshow. If I can find a Tulsa based business to get behind us......then we're in.

I just had a thought.....what about Tulsa Zoo? I've been doing shows there for Halloween with Ecto 1 and the Ghostbusters for 4 years now. I have a lot of contacts there, and perhaps "they" could accommodate us? I even know exactly who to talk to. ;)

Any thoughts?

I'll let you guys know what I discover. B back soon.

Mike

MrScorpio

Post by MrScorpio » April 24th, 2012, 11:03 pm

I hadn't thought about the Zoo. That could be so cool.

I don't know who all is watching this thread but I know that there are a couple of others in the area who either don't have a Jeep or just don't have theirs done yet. I don't think that this get together as just for those with a completed Jeep.

I only had to see Mike's Jeep once for me to know that I had to finish mine and give me the incentive to move things along. That and I wouldn't mind meeting more of the people from these forums.
1993 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
JP #21

Oklahoma State Dinosaur: Saurophaganax which can be seen in Oklahoma at The Sam Noble Museum

KNI1GHT

Post by KNI1GHT » April 25th, 2012, 12:48 am

MrScorpio wrote:I hadn't thought about the Zoo. That could be so cool.

I don't know who all is watching this thread but I know that there are a couple of others in the area who either don't have a Jeep or just don't have theirs done yet. I don't think that this get together as just for those with a completed Jeep.

I only had to see Mike's Jeep once for me to know that I had to finish mine and give me the incentive to move things along. That and I wouldn't mind meeting more of the people from these forums.
I think those that haven't finished their Jeeps are just as welcome as those that have. I think that if you have the heart, for a hobby like this....then the finished vehicle, is just icing on the cake. ;)

Even if it turned out to be more of a "Jeep" get together.....we've all cemented our spot in this hobby by showing our similar admiration for the JP Movie, films, vehicles, props, and the idea itself....yes? :D

I really really think the Zoo may be a good option for us Tim. I only say that cause they are super nice people there, they've always welcomed our Ghostbuster gang with open arms, and have even got into the habit of calling me every Halloween for our live show we do. Now, at one point in time, the Zoo was holding something called, "Dinosaur Days" and they even contacted me and asked me if they could use my Jeep. :lol: But because the Dinamation crew never returned to Tulsa, the Dino Days event got postponed indefinitely I guess.

I'm getting pretty pumped about this now cause wouldn't that make for an awesome locale? What's the closest thing to a "Real" Jurassic Park in the real world? A Zoo! :mrgreen:

They have used my Jeep before for a past HallowZooEen gig they did. While I was busy performing with the guys and Ecto as Ghostbusters, they parked my Jeep along the Zoo Train Route, and were jumping out scaring the train in Dino suits as it passed by. :lol:

I have two direct contacts I'll will attempt to reach tomorrow, and email as well. Just for the heck of it.....I'm gonna pitch this "Jurassic Get Together" to them.....and see if they have any thoughts to share. I have a very good feeling they'll jump all over this though guys. I may be wrong.......but I just gotta find out for myself. :D

I welcome any input from you guys too. Oh yah....and I'm sure one of you has got to have a CryoCan from the movie. YOU MUST BRING IT WITH YOU!! LoL!!! I've always wanted to see one.

Peace guys......

and Tim..chat with you soon bud.

Mike

KNI1GHT

Post by KNI1GHT » April 25th, 2012, 12:54 am

Oh crud...I almost forgot to ask. If the question comes up while talking to the Zoo. How many Jeeps, vehicles, "props" are we thinking here. I know we have the three JP Jeeps in the Tulsa area...and several works in progress including the Jeep that ratrace is working on in our area too....... just wanna give em an idea of what we have in mind. Kind of our way of having a friendly get together paying homage to the JP movies and showcasing our Nerd side. :lol:

Again.....any thoughts???

Peace guys.

Mike

cpltony
Completed JP Jeep

Post by cpltony » April 25th, 2012, 7:24 am

Not knowing the Tulsa area I'm leaving it up to the locals to get it planned and scheduled...I'm booking customers for this coming weekend Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon only to free up Saturday night so I plan to make the drive from OKC.
92 Jeep Wrangler YJ
Jeep #18
Oklahoma

DrewSmith007
Site Moderator
Vehicle Make/Model: 1993 Ford Explorer

Post by DrewSmith007 » April 25th, 2012, 8:20 am

This Saturday afternoon/early evening works best for me. Also, all day Sunday. The girlfriend would kill me if I went to this thing without her, and she works and has finals coming up so this weekend will be the best for the next month or so.

I don't have a jeep, and my explorer is a stock 2005, so I don't need to be included in the car count. Soon, though...

The zoo sounds like a fantastic idea. We've been talking about a trip there for a while now. Then there's also the Tulsa Air & Space museum right down the street. Not saying we should go JP the TASM, but it's another cool place nearby for the guys making road trips...

TulsaJurassicPark

Post by TulsaJurassicPark » April 25th, 2012, 8:53 am

I'm busy on Saturday afternoon and night but Free on Sunday or early Saturday.... Any cruising around or zoo sound good to me...

Raul
=====================
Raul (Park Scientist)
Jurassic Behavior in Tulsa, Oklahoma.