JP Island Tour Audio

Working a JP project or event? Post here to share with board members!
Stlrams53
Completed JP Jeep

JP Island Tour Audio

Post by Stlrams53 » March 7th, 2012, 11:45 pm

Soo randomly i was thinking, you all know in the movie when the tour first starts and it has the tour guide voice saying welcome to jurassic park and all that and tells you info on the dinos? what if someone put somthing like that togather? so when your driveing around it would be like "if you look to your left you will see the trex pen bla bla bla you know. I was already trying to put one togather but its pretty bad haha so far ive been takeing the audio off the island tour page from telltale, seems to be the only thing with that kinda audio. been searching for audio from JP the Ride and so on, the only down side is that has the JP theme looping so if i mashed it togather in a file it would have the tour guide talking with the theme replaying over and over which i could see getting annoying. idk just a thought, it would be cool & i know the tour voice thing was only in the Fords but thought it couldnt hurt to add it in the jeeps.

What do you guys think?

here is where ive been ripping the audio from

http://www.telltalegames.com/jurassicpark/tour/

its a map of the island and you click on the icons and it will have a tour voice telling you info about it. - but you will see what i mean haveing the JP theme looping in the backround. Only other option i could see is if someone created this stuff from scratch somehow. Im posting this idea here cause when it comes to this kinda stuff on computers im not the best at it and i think this is a pretty sweet idea & i havent seen anyone talk about it anywhere else online that i could find.
1999 Sahara Jeep #11
RedHannya/JPToys97@Youtube

cpltony
Completed JP Jeep

Re: JP Island Tour Audio

Post by cpltony » March 8th, 2012, 8:21 am

I'd think that simply a) putting together a script that would match the style of the movie and b) getting a voice actor to recite it as close as they can to the voice of Richard Kiley should be pretty simple.

I know a few voice actors who've helped me in the past who may be willing to help.

Thanks for the link to the TellTale site..I'll check that out this weekend.
92 Jeep Wrangler YJ
Jeep #18
Oklahoma

DrewSmith007
Site Moderator
Vehicle Make/Model: 1993 Ford Explorer

Post by DrewSmith007 » March 8th, 2012, 9:19 am

I would love something like this. The part about dilophosaurus would need to be spot on, but the rest could just be a close enough impersonation.

Stlrams53
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Stlrams53 » March 8th, 2012, 11:26 am

cpltony wrote:I'd think that simply a) putting together a script that would match the style of the movie and b) getting a voice actor to recite it as close as they can to the voice of Richard Kiley should be pretty simple.

I know a few voice actors who've helped me in the past who may be willing to help.

Thanks for the link to the TellTale site..I'll check that out this weekend.
Thats awsome you know a voice actor! we all could definitely put togather a script. =) The telltale island tour has some cool info about the docks/visitor center & other things we could use, Glad i wasnt going crazy thinking this would be a fun idea.
1999 Sahara Jeep #11

cpltony
Completed JP Jeep

Post by cpltony » March 8th, 2012, 1:53 pm

Put together a script and I'll send it to him to see if he's willing to do it.
92 Jeep Wrangler YJ
Jeep #18
Oklahoma

Stlrams53
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Stlrams53 » March 8th, 2012, 5:59 pm

I'll see what i can put togather, from the movie & telltales website. & you can add or remove what ever if anyone else reads this feel free to join ! =)

*Update* Alright i put togather a template script if you would like it just ask and i'll try to send it to you. Figured if we all work on it we can get somthing pretty good.

Another thing i was thinking was, the tour shouldnt be constant voice audio it should be info audio on a dino then i was thinking ambeint sounds like a jungle for a minute or 2 then be like the next dino comming up bla bla bla then after more jungle sounds, and so on. cause if it was a constant voice it would seem like the dinosaur padlocks where right next to each other you know what im saying? just an idea.
Last edited by Stlrams53 on March 8th, 2012, 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1999 Sahara Jeep #11

cpltony
Completed JP Jeep

Post by cpltony » March 8th, 2012, 7:33 pm

The audio would trip as the vehicles approached it. You can also use the interactive CD-Rom to select the audio to be played when you choose.

I've asked my voice guy if he'd be interested....I'll let you know when I hear back :)
92 Jeep Wrangler YJ
Jeep #18
Oklahoma

ianc

Post by ianc » March 8th, 2012, 7:47 pm

Stlrams53 wrote:*Update* Alright i put togather a template script if you would like it just ask and i'll try to send it to you. Figured if we all work on it we can get somthing pretty good.
Send it my way.

DrewSmith007
Site Moderator
Vehicle Make/Model: 1993 Ford Explorer

Post by DrewSmith007 » March 8th, 2012, 8:38 pm

What about using a google document? Then people could add their input as notes, or even change it. I can set one up if needed.

Stlrams53
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Stlrams53 » March 8th, 2012, 8:41 pm

cpltony wrote:The audio would trip as the vehicles approached it. You can also use the interactive CD-Rom to select the audio to be played when you choose.

I've asked my voice guy if he'd be interested....I'll let you know when I hear back :)
My plans was to just burn it on a CD to play in the jeep and just let it run, & alright cool man ! =)

& DrewSmith007 i sent you the script in a PM you can set that up so everyone can see, and give advice =)
1999 Sahara Jeep #11