JP Island Tour Audio

Working a JP project or event? Post here to share with board members!
DrewSmith007
Site Moderator
Vehicle Make/Model: 1993 Ford Explorer

Re: JP Island Tour Audio

Post by DrewSmith007 » March 8th, 2012, 9:06 pm

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dCU ... jBEOM/edit

There's the link to the google document. It's set up to viewing, but not changes. PM me your email and I'll add you to be able to edit.
Last edited by DrewSmith007 on March 9th, 2012, 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

ianc

Post by ianc » March 9th, 2012, 1:07 am

My dad does professional narration. Here's a recording he did real quick on a portable recorder (thus lower quality and no pop filter to keep out the "plosives"). I can ask him, when he as time, to record a version in the soundbooth with a Neumann U87 and pop filter. Just thought I'd ask him to do a version real quick to see if you think the vocal timbre and tonality seem to fit. Here it is: http://jporigins.com/audio/TommyJPTest.mp3

-Ian

Stlrams53
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Stlrams53 » March 9th, 2012, 1:01 pm

ianc wrote:My dad does professional narration. Here's a recording he did real quick on a portable recorder (thus lower quality and no pop filter to keep out the "plosives"). I can ask him, when he as time, to record a version in the soundbooth with a Neumann U87 and pop filter. Just thought I'd ask him to do a version real quick to see if you think the vocal timbre and tonality seem to fit. Here it is: http://jporigins.com/audio/TommyJPTest.mp3

-Ian
I downloaded it and gave it a listen & its pretty good!!! i like it! =D
1999 Sahara Jeep #11
RedHannya/JPToys97@Youtube

weapon lxxxi

Post by weapon lxxxi » March 9th, 2012, 1:01 pm

I do love this idea & that sample of your dad Ian is pretty good, with all the engine & road noise I'm sure it would still sound fine like that. 1 thing I've got on my list of wants is audio of all the dino's we hear so that could also be played, as a sort of deterrent. So in the grill is a sensor (like a security light) & when someone walks past it blasts out a dino sound to scare them. Running off a seperate power source & external speaker?

cpltony
Completed JP Jeep

Post by cpltony » March 9th, 2012, 2:17 pm

We have a winner.
My friend is not set up for narration right now (new computer and old hardware issues) so he's a no go.

ianc, your father sounds great!!
92 Jeep Wrangler YJ
Jeep #18
Oklahoma

Stlrams53
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Stlrams53 » March 9th, 2012, 2:37 pm

I agree ! 100% Now we all just need to agree on the script, cause im sure there are some mistakes in there cause i didnt really go back and proof read it. & Ian if your father is ok and will do it, feel free to make changes or add to the script. =)

i think the ending could use some work.

Ending
Thank you for joining us for a tour of Jurassic Park, we hope you have enjoyed it! Our tour cars will be taking you to ether the Visitor Center / North Dock or Heliport. If you are going to the visitor center please be sure you have your visitor pass around your neck when you arrive. If you are being dropped off at the heliport or Dock for the trip home we hope you join us again soon!

like instead of just thank you for joing us for a tour of jurassic park, how about "This concludes your tour through the world of the dinosaurs." or somthing i feel what i first put seems to boring haha
1999 Sahara Jeep #11

DrewSmith007
Site Moderator
Vehicle Make/Model: 1993 Ford Explorer

Post by DrewSmith007 » March 9th, 2012, 2:51 pm

Your father's voice is a great fit. I'm sure a park tour audio track could come in handy for JP:Origins as well...

Embracetherust

Post by Embracetherust » April 24th, 2012, 8:27 pm

omg best thread ever, I would TOTALLY play this in my jeep, your dad's voice is PERFECT btw. PLEASE keep this goin

Stlrams53
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Stlrams53 » April 25th, 2012, 8:22 pm

Embracetherust wrote:omg best thread ever, I would TOTALLY play this in my jeep, your dad's voice is PERFECT btw. PLEASE keep this goin
Could not agree more with you dude!
1999 Sahara Jeep #11

MyAntsRMarching

Post by MyAntsRMarching » April 26th, 2012, 10:08 am

This is going to be amazing.