Possible Kentucky JP Jeep Event in the works

Working a JP project or event? Post here to share with board members!
Bosssk

Possible Kentucky JP Jeep Event in the works

Post by Bosssk » April 16th, 2014, 6:45 am

Had an idea for a possible JP Jeep meet and display and wanted to see if anyone else here would be willing to come. I am also involved with the 501st Legion (hence the Bossk avatar), and we were thinking about a visit to "Dinosaur World" near the famous tourist attraction of Mammoth Cave in central Kentucky. What I was going to promote to the the park owners is that they would grant us free admission and a chance to pose our jeeps around the various dinosaurs. They could advertise this as "Dinosaurs versus Aliens", which has a good ring, and I think there is a Graphic Novel and potential film of that, or similar title. Heck, they might even want to make it an annual event!

Would anyone else here be interested in bringing their JP jeeps and props to such an event? If so, what time of year would be best for you? There are other attractions in the area, like Mammoth Cave you might want to visit in the area as well.
1995 Wrangler to Jurassic Park Jeep 18 (formerly Jeep 10)
2000 Landrover to non-canon Ingen staff field vehicle
1943 German Opel Blitz Radio Truck
1944 Willys MB Project
1974 VW Thing to Type 82 Kubelwagen Project
Military Hummer Project

crayZcollegeKid

Re: Possible Kentucky JP Jeep Event in the works

Post by crayZcollegeKid » April 17th, 2014, 10:59 pm

I love the idea man! I'm a Kentucky native myself and it would be great if this happened. I would bring my "JP" jeep but I'm still working on it (like a lot needs to be done) but if this happens I want to help out and learn from everyone that has a completed jeep. Oh and it would be a blast to attend! And Dinosaurs vs Aliens? I'm digging it.
______________________________________________________________________________________

bjdoering
Completed JP Jeep

Post by bjdoering » April 28th, 2014, 3:11 pm

I'd drop down from Cincinnati

kokopelli

Post by kokopelli » April 28th, 2014, 8:20 pm

Louisville in! ...no JJ at the time, but working on a Cherokee