The ULTIMATE Jurassic Park Tour Brochure

Show off your JP props
Mr. Nagata

The ULTIMATE Jurassic Park Tour Brochure

Post by Mr. Nagata » December 24th, 2011, 2:18 pm

Hello JP Jeep folks! This is my first post here, though I've been a regular at the Replica Props Forum for a long time. Some of you I recognize already.

I did a run of high quality JP tour brochures and I thought I would extend the offer over here. So far, the reviews have been very positive. Please scroll down for more info and post here if you are interested.

THE BROCHURE

I'm doing a run of Jurassic Park tour brochures. These were seen throughout the movie, and at one point, Dr. Grant is even holding one of them. There are some screen-used brochures floating around out there, but they usually go for over $1000.

Several years ago, a member on the RPF named Ashfrank did a run of these brochures and they were basically a reprinted scan of a screen-used brochure. As far as I know, he was the only one to do a run of these brochures in the correct size. But as many of you know who own one of these (myself included), the print is not very sharp (being just a scan), and they have seriously faded over time.

There is a commonly available scan of a screen-used brochure floating around out there. Upon closer inspection, I realized this is the same scan that Ashfrank used to do his brochures. There's two problems with this scan. First, it’s highly compressed and the quality is poor. It's full of JPEG artifacts, moire lines, and it's seriously desaturated and the colors are all skewed. Second, it's so large that it cannot be printed in its entirety on a digital press. In order to print one of these yourself, you would have to shrink it down (which many people do, hence all the undersized brochure replicas out there), or you would have to print them on a commercial large format offset printing press.

Well, I've solved both these problems for you! I have recreated the entire brochure from top to bottom. All graphics and text (including the Japanese text) have been recreated in vector format. I have found a higher res example of the Jurassic Park gate painting used on the brochure and replaced the one that's currently on there. I've repainted several of the photographic elements like the Kodak film box to be nice and clean. The map painting on the back was reconstructed from several different sources to create a new image that's clean and saturated. Any photos that I could not recreate have been color corrected and enhanced. You can see for yourself in the comparison photos I posted.

My brochures are printed on 100 lbs gloss paper on a commercial offset printing press and are machine folded (Ashfrank folded his by hand). As you know, the setup for commercial offset printing is expensive, but it's the only way to print something of this size in large quantities. It's also the only way to get this thing looking like a commercial brochure. If you’re planning on getting one of these printed yourself from the full-sized scan, be prepared to buy at least 500 of them and pay approximately $1000 (one quote I had was actually closer to $1200).

So, to sum up, here are the features:

1) Totally redesigned brochure graphic; clean, crisp, and saturated.
2) ACCURATE SIZE! (8 ¼” x 3 ¾”)
3) Commercial quality offset print
4) Machine folded

PAYMENT AND PRICING

Please send paypal payments to RNAGATA@gmail.com. Please denote on the order that you are a JP Jeep Forum member and include your screen name and your address in the order. Prices include shipping, but please add $5 if you are outside the US.

Many have expressed interest in ordering multiples, so I have adjusted the prices for you accordingly. If you'd like to order, you don't need to confirm with me. Just pay for how many you want upon ordering. There are plenty of these to go around.

1 Brochure = $23 shipped
2 Brochures = $35 shipped
3 Brochures = $40 shipped
5 Brochures = $50 shipped
10 Brochures = $65 shipped

Here is the final graphics file (25% sized):

Some high resolution comparison shots:

teckman02

Re: The ULTIMATE Jurassic Park Tour Brochure

Post by teckman02 » December 24th, 2011, 9:11 pm

very nice

Mr. Nagata

Post by Mr. Nagata » December 26th, 2011, 12:12 am

Thanks!

Cyrix9445
Site Administrator
Vehicle Make/Model: Ford Explorer
Facebook Name: Brandon Constant
Facebook Profile URL: https://www.facebook.com/jurassicparkexplorer04/
Instagram: cyrix9445

Post by Cyrix9445 » December 26th, 2011, 9:39 am

Got mine today, theses are AWESOME. The quality is very impressive.
1993 Ford Explorer

weapon lxxxi

Post by weapon lxxxi » December 26th, 2011, 7:13 pm

These look awesome, once I start gathering the inside props you will be getting my order :)

jman1606

Post by jman1606 » January 11th, 2012, 2:10 pm

These are still being sold yes?

cpltony
Completed JP Jeep

Post by cpltony » January 11th, 2012, 2:16 pm

I've got one on the way and am looking forward to comparing the other brochure I have.

Nice work!!
92 Jeep Wrangler YJ
Jeep #18
Oklahoma

Mr. Nagata

Post by Mr. Nagata » January 11th, 2012, 2:59 pm

Yes, these are still available. Email me.

BaylorRae

Post by BaylorRae » February 19th, 2012, 3:20 pm

I just got mine today and the quality is amazing. The paper it's printed on is much better than brochures I've handled in tourist areas. If you don't have a brochure already you should definitely look into buying one of these.

durant11

Post by durant11 » February 24th, 2012, 11:45 pm

yes I can't wait. Ordered mine as well