The ULTIMATE Jurassic Park Tour Brochure

Show off your JP props
durant11

Re: The ULTIMATE Jurassic Park Tour Brochure

Post by durant11 » March 6th, 2012, 8:19 pm

I just received mine today and they look absolutely brilliant. Thanks and very good job!

SRV

Post by SRV » May 24th, 2012, 12:25 pm

Picked up a ten pack. Got it Today. Nice work. This is about as good as anyone can get it without the original files.
Thanks for doing the work and getting these made.

fieldmouse

Post by fieldmouse » September 16th, 2012, 8:48 am

Hello! =) I realize you probably wish to hold on to these, but.. Would be nice if you released the pdf/eps/whatever file some day! =D
Oh and btw, impressive work! =D This forums seems GREAT! Didnt know there was an entire forum dedicated to JP jeep replicas ^^

cpltony
Completed JP Jeep

Post by cpltony » September 16th, 2012, 10:55 am

fieldmouse wrote:Hello! =) I realize you probably wish to hold on to these, but.. Would be nice if you released the pdf/eps/whatever file some day! =D
Oh and btw, impressive work! =D This forums seems GREAT! Didnt know there was an entire forum dedicated to JP jeep replicas ^^
I doubt it. The work that went into this is amazing and for the asking price I think its a steal for what was done.
92 Jeep Wrangler YJ
Jeep #18
Oklahoma

fieldmouse

Post by fieldmouse » September 17th, 2012, 6:28 am

I agree, but not everyone makes this kind of thing purely for profit ;) although its ofc his right to do so! (probably, or maybe not really, but thats not my point xD)
Im just asking :)
Feels like a piece of art that should be preserved and enjoyed :)
Im not sure if he WAS trying to make profit or just help people get printed copies for a good price! If its the latter, no harm in publishing a PDF, right? :) whatever the case, its really cool! ;D

DrewSmith007
Site Moderator
Vehicle Make/Model: 1993 Ford Explorer

Post by DrewSmith007 » September 17th, 2012, 7:27 am

I havn't done the math or got quotes, but to get anywhere near the quality of his brochure, even with the exact file he used, would cost you quite a bit more than he's charging. The only way for you to get the price per brochure to his level is to buy as many brochures as he did, which I believe was more than 3000. At that point, you would also have to find enough people to buy them so you don't lose your butt. Then there's the dozens, if not hundreds, of hours he put into the cleanup.

But I guess you never know until you ask...

The scan he used as the basis for the brochure is floating around somewhere, but it's not even in the same ballpark as his as far as looks. If you want a JP brochure, he is hands down your best option. Just buy one (or 5!)

AJ Quick
Site Moderator

Post by AJ Quick » September 18th, 2012, 12:14 am

These are pretty amazing, and I can respect the amount of work that went into them to get them done.

However, $23 is pretty steep for one (and I'm fully aware what they cost to have done). $65 for 10 is a decent quantity discount. Would anyone be interested in doing a group buy on them? Perhaps I buy them for $65 (or $6.50 each) and resell them for $10 shipped to people that can get in on it cheaper?

Perhaps if more can be done, the price can go even lower. (I know I wouldn't mind having more than one for my Jeep).
1971 Volkwagen Beetle - 1993 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - 1998 Dodge Neon R/T
http://www.GBFans.com/ - http://www.JurassicJeep.com/

COBrian
Completed JP Jeep

Post by COBrian » September 18th, 2012, 10:38 am

I wouldn't mind having a couple (3 or 4).. Think Boomer might want a few? we could split it between the 3 of us and avoid extra shipping...
1993 Sahara - JP29 - Denver, CO

WRXFlyer
Completed JP Jeep

Post by WRXFlyer » September 18th, 2012, 11:19 am

Yes, the problem is that market is going to dictate the price and I don't think there is a support level for the price structure. Very few people would want more than a couple and the price is too expensive at that quantity. I got the Jurassic Park game which includes a map (not 100% authentic) and for my purposes it is sufficient.

AJ Quick
Site Moderator

Post by AJ Quick » September 18th, 2012, 11:45 am

I wouldn't mind having a bunch of low quality throw away ones for the Jeep pockets to give to people that like the Jeep.
1971 Volkwagen Beetle - 1993 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - 1998 Dodge Neon R/T
http://www.GBFans.com/ - http://www.JurassicJeep.com/