East Dock Sign

Show off your JP props
fantomas
Completed JP Jeep

Re: East Dock Sign

Post by fantomas » May 21st, 2015, 10:03 pm

I just measured my post, it's 82 inches tall.... Just under 7 feet. No idea how many meters that is... 17? (haha just kidding :lol: )

weapon lxxxi

Post by weapon lxxxi » May 22nd, 2015, 1:56 pm

2.1 meters ;) ha haa (don't worry I work in ft & inch anyway)

DrewSmith007
Site Moderator
Vehicle Make/Model: 1993 Ford Explorer

Post by DrewSmith007 » May 22nd, 2015, 3:57 pm

Here's the shot I used to come up with my earlier guess of 7 feet. I had to redo the scaling because I couldn't find the original file. This time it seems to be more like 8 feet tall, scaled off the 3.5" wide post. It might be hard to see without zooming in, but I think I got the 3.5" pretty close. The post is angled a little bit away, so you're really seeing 2 sides. This shot is from the scene at the bottom of the hill after Nedry wrecks the jeep, right before he starts pulling the cable off the winch.
Attachments
HeightScale.JPG
HeightScale.JPG (24.13 KiB) Viewed 19268 times

weapon lxxxi

Post by weapon lxxxi » May 25th, 2015, 1:29 pm

DrewSmith007 wrote:Here's the shot I used to come up with my earlier guess of 7 feet. I had to redo the scaling because I couldn't find the original file. This time it seems to be more like 8 feet tall, scaled off the 3.5" wide post. It might be hard to see without zooming in, but I think I got the 3.5" pretty close. The post is angled a little bit away, so you're really seeing 2 sides. This shot is from the scene at the bottom of the hill after Nedry wrecks the jeep, right before he starts pulling the cable off the winch.

Cool good work, over here we have 3" & 4" posts for fencing tallest you should get is 10ft so you bury 2ft in ground which makes it 8ft (that's going on how to build a fence #landscaper ha haa) so that is probably correct :)

fantomas
Completed JP Jeep

Post by fantomas » May 26th, 2015, 2:45 am

weapon lxxxi wrote:
DrewSmith007 wrote:Here's the shot I used to come up with my earlier guess of 7 feet. I had to redo the scaling because I couldn't find the original file. This time it seems to be more like 8 feet tall, scaled off the 3.5" wide post. It might be hard to see without zooming in, but I think I got the 3.5" pretty close. The post is angled a little bit away, so you're really seeing 2 sides. This shot is from the scene at the bottom of the hill after Nedry wrecks the jeep, right before he starts pulling the cable off the winch.

Cool good work, over here we have 3" & 4" posts for fencing tallest you should get is 10ft so you bury 2ft in ground which makes it 8ft (that's going on how to build a fence #landscaper ha haa) so that is probably correct :)
If you look closely it actually appears to be two 2x4"s stacked (to make the same dimensions as a 4x4).

First5.0

East Dock Sign

Post by First5.0 » June 1st, 2015, 7:52 pm

Add another to the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eagle5740
Completed JP Jeep

Post by eagle5740 » June 29th, 2015, 3:06 pm

Does anybody have the image files for the sign? Looking to get them printed on vinyl.

First5.0

Post by First5.0 » June 29th, 2015, 4:26 pm

I asked a while back with no luck. I think people have lost them over the years or people are cautious with giving them out because other 'members' have tried to turn them into a money making thing.

I ended up using Cyrix's pictures thrown against wood using a projector to get an outline of each piece. There's another thread either here or on RPF where he posted the general dimensions which I used to purchase the wood.

mattdarlington

Post by mattdarlington » August 24th, 2015, 2:29 pm

Has anyone done a down load for this. It be cool to get a template of the top parts to stick on the wood to use to cut it out. Have tried drawing it and not working out too well.

MartyP
Completed JP Jeep

Post by MartyP » May 25th, 2016, 7:11 pm

I'm looking for the sizes of each form:

What I found so far:

EAST DOCK: 5.5'' x 20''
ARROW: 12'' x 12''
BOAT: seems to be 16'' in diameter
ISLAND: rectangle of 26'' High x 18 wide

Do these seems right ?

Thanks !