Dilophosaurus Jeep 'Mascot', and Gateway in progress

Show off your JP props
Bosssk

Dilophosaurus Jeep 'Mascot', and Gateway in progress

Post by Bosssk » April 15th, 2014, 11:59 am

After a couple of years with the Baby T-Rex in the back, I decided to build a new Dino, and one associated directly with Jurassic Park -- the frill-necked Dilophosaurus alo referred to as the Spitter. Like the baby T-Rex, the tail and body are made from green foam US army sleeping pads, and the head is a Jurassic Park licensed mask to which I added glass taxidermy eyes, teeth, tongue and mouth details. Like the T rex, this is only a half-body on a cover so I can still use the bottom for a lockable storage area. The nets conceal the fact that it is not a complete dinosaur. 'Dilo' made his first appearance at the Pop Con convention in Evansville Indiana two weeks ago, where I also wanted to unveil a scaled down version of the Park Gates, but didn't get the two faux stone pylons finished in time. The sign itself is eight feet long, the doors are ten feet high and the pylons will be 15 feet tall when finished. A Jeepwould be able to drive through them when finished. The whole set up will be done, and my 25 foot long Star Wars Dewback converted to a Triceratops for the Cincinatti ComicCon later this Summer. While the dilo stays in the Jeep for every day driving, I am also working on a big T-Rex that has pounced on the back of the Jeep, just for parades and displays, and the velociraptor costume may be finished this year as well.
Attachments
jpdilodebut.jpg
jpdilodebut.jpg (42.64 KiB) Viewed 5457 times
1995 Wrangler to Jurassic Park Jeep 18 (formerly Jeep 10)
2000 Landrover to non-canon Ingen staff field vehicle
1943 German Opel Blitz Radio Truck
1944 Willys MB Project
1974 VW Thing to Type 82 Kubelwagen Project
Military Hummer Project

COBrian
Completed JP Jeep

Re: Dilophosaurus Jeep 'Mascot', and Gateway in progress

Post by COBrian » April 15th, 2014, 4:12 pm

Really cool!
1993 Sahara - JP29 - Denver, CO

Dr.Alan-Grant
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Dr.Alan-Grant » April 29th, 2014, 9:24 pm

can you do a how to, for the dino body? id like to do this myself but do a raptor instead

fantomas
Completed JP Jeep

Post by fantomas » June 24th, 2014, 11:44 pm

I'd love to see a write up of the dilo as well. I recently picked up (I believe to be) the same dinosaur mask off ebay. I still have tons of other projects but I would love to see how you made yours more realistic and the frill neck.