Some of my JP props

Show off your JP props
Pinback

Some of my JP props

Post by Pinback » June 10th, 2018, 12:17 am

I'm rearranging my 'office' and am consolidating my JP props until I can build an appropriate display. Not complete by any stretch but I thought that you all might like a peek.

All of those Saber radios do work and they are all programmed with various Amateur Radio and GMRS freqs. (My wife and I are both licensed to use them). They are 95% screen accurate and I have a total of 7 with one of them just out of the pic in the other Saber multigang charger to the right that holds four other Sabers (Systems Saber, 2-VHF and 2-UHF). Systems Sabers are similar but different and are primarily for different types of radio systems and have more channels.

One Saber is painted as well as a couple of the batteries. I just haven't had the time to paint all of the Sabers and batteries.
The radios on the left are a different brand and are used for public safety and some amateur radio use and one is for aircraft comms.

I have 3 Maxa Beam lights (1 works perfectly but the other two have 'issues' and I need to send them back to Peak Beam for repair which costs some dollars). The Maxa Beams REALLY do light up the night. But the Ni-cd batteries are really heavy at about 5 pounds. I have two types of Ni-cd chargers with the one in the picture on the left being the type that appeared in JW. The other one, is a drop-in style and can be seen beneath the MB on the right.

I just received the orange Fibre Metal hardhat a few days ago (found it on Walmart.com for about $15) and I have a decal and 'plaque' to mount it to the hardhat when I get some time.

I just recently (finally) received my Chronicle Collectibles Hammond Cane but it's not in the picture obviously. When I get the display built, it will sit prominently in the display.

Hope you enjoy the pic.
IMG_20180609_173452[1].jpg

Shpark1998

Re: Some of my JP props

Post by Shpark1998 » August 20th, 2018, 12:37 pm

801AAC4D-1861-4365-97A1-210E255492C4.jpeg
I made the iconic raincoat

Pinback

Post by Pinback » August 20th, 2018, 5:09 pm

Nice work. I made one as well, just didn't have room to display it.

JP Junkie

Post by JP Junkie » August 20th, 2018, 9:51 pm

Fantastic collection! Very expensive lol I have a ton of questions...

Once I finish the Jeep I'm also looking to start my Saber collection.
Did you buy the sabers in bulk somewhere?
How did you program them?

How the hell did you afford so many Maxabeams? lol

Are you making the hard hat plaque yourself?
Jurassic Park Jeep 10: Completed - Location: Minnesota
https://www.facebook.com/JPMaintenanceJeep/
Remember... a correct font is as important as the correct paint color!

Pinback

Post by Pinback » August 26th, 2018, 7:21 pm

Did you buy the sabers in bulk somewhere?
Yes and no. I bought all of them on eBay, some individually and some as multiples from different sellers. The charging banks I also found on eBay from two sellers. I also have a lot of spare parts so I can hopefully keep them running for a long time.

How did you program them?
Using the correct Motorola software that I purchased. It is older software and has a lot of quirks, as most Motorola software does. You have to know how to navigate the various types of Moto software to do it correctly. I've been into radios for decades so I have experience with it. You have to be very careful to have the correct revision and version (AND CORRECT CABLE) otherwise you could turn the radio into an expensive paperweight. I also had to locate the appropriate RSS (Radio Service Software) user's manual in order to help me navigate all of the various 'hidden' menus. Programming the Systems Sabers is even worse than the regular Sabers. And I haven't completely programmed all of the Systems Sabers yet since I don't have a manual for the RSS.
It's a PIA and potentially dangerous to the radio if you don't know what you are doing. Only years of experience has saved me so far (knock on wood).
Unfortunately, the correct Sabers ae getting harder to find in working condition. It is the one WITHOUT the extended case.

How the hell did you afford so many Maxabeams? lol
Actually, I got lucky. The working one was paired with one that has 'issues'. The other one that has issues was relatively cheap. BUT, I only have one battery and cable. Still looking. The large charger was from a separate seller. I got lucky in spotting it and I recognized it from the abandoned garage scene in JW sitting on the shelf near one of the jeeps.

Are you making the hard hat plaque yourself?
No, I bought it on eBay from:
http://www.ebay.com/usr/flamecreature?_ ... 2749.l2754

and the decals were from:
http://www.ebay.com/usr/keithld50?_trks ... 2749.l2754

Hope this helps

piolow

Post by piolow » November 19th, 2019, 2:34 am

Awesome collection! I like the raincoat.
1992 Sahara with some jeep aftermarket parts such as a winch, lightbar and auxiliary lights.

J-033-P
Facebook Name: Rafa Souza

Post by J-033-P » August 10th, 2023, 4:11 pm

Shpark1998 wrote:
August 20th, 2018, 12:37 pm
I made the iconic raincoat

Hello, there!

By I made the iconic raincoat I assume you've bought an yellow raincoat (the exact model seen on screen or a close one) and applied the logos, right? Or you actually made the raincoat?