1995 Fan letter response from Steven Spielberg and Amblin

Show off your JP props
CineWeekly

1995 Fan letter response from Steven Spielberg and Amblin

Post by CineWeekly » August 17th, 2012, 12:20 am

This isn't really a movie prop but more of an oddity that I'm proud to own. It's a letter from Amblin Entertainment and Steven Spielberg thanking 9 year old me in 1995 for a letter that I wrote praising Jurassic Park. It was lost for years and recently resurfaced and is now framed. I'm not much into autographs but one day I will have Spielberg sign this. You can buy all the expensive prop replicas you want but you can't go back in time and prove you were a fan from the beginning. This is my proof:

In case you can't read it for whatever reason, it says:
April 15, 1995

Dear Friend,
In response to your recent letter to Steven Spielberg, please accept his heartfelt thanks for your enthusiasm and kind thoughts about "Jurassic Park."

He is always delighted to hear from fans who admire and respect his films. On behalf of Steven Spielberg, thank you for writing.

Sincerely,

Amblin Entertainment

AE/mm
Bonus picture of my birthday cake from that same year:

Check out my other thread of awesome pictures from the same year at the JP exhibit at Universal Studios.
Need a Jeep in the Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia area.
http://www.CineWeekly.com

MrScorpio

Re: 1995 Fan letter response from Steven Spielberg and Amblin

Post by MrScorpio » August 17th, 2012, 4:19 am

That is awesome. It's cool that you found it again and thanks for posting it here.
1993 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
JP #21

Oklahoma State Dinosaur: Saurophaganax which can be seen in Oklahoma at The Sam Noble Museum