Cameron's Jeep 24

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
Ecto-DMC

Re: Cameron's Jeep 24

Post by Ecto-DMC » March 8th, 2012, 10:58 am

Got the bumper end caps installed and the Fog lights fixed, also took the sides off the push bar (I like it this way I may leave it) Also installed new stainless steel hood tie Downs :mrgreen:

ImageImage
Roads Where were going a Delorean will never go, BUT a JEEP sure will!.

Ecto-DMC

Post by Ecto-DMC » March 16th, 2012, 8:46 pm

Put the New Sailcloth Top on, the doors are the old ones there still good im not going to cut up a $400 pair of doors just because (the color is just a bit off) but I did order a set of extra door frames for the new movie correct Door Skins :D

E3 plugs, new live wire plug wires, new distributor cap N rotor, and to polish it off a Screamin Demon coil! OMG the jeep has throttle response again, and starts real easy now:) Tomorrow the new Bosh fuel injectors go in. Can't wait to see how much better my mpg are gonna go up I'm at 18.5-19 mpg right now and thats with me driving around with my foot in the floor all the time..... Wish me luck

Do the 92-93 Model Sahara's have this locking feature trunk thing?

Put new Grommets in my Fuel tank for the Roll over Valves Mine wire like Jelly when I pulled them out (you can see where she would leak every time I filled up)

Also put in a set of silverstar head lights all I can say MUCH BETTER.

As Always comments an Questions are welcome.

ImperialTrooper
Site Administrator

Post by ImperialTrooper » March 16th, 2012, 11:09 pm

How much did the new electrical stuff for the engine run you? I was actually thinking of going with E3 plugs as well.

Ecto-DMC

Post by Ecto-DMC » March 17th, 2012, 8:50 pm

the Plugs are $6 something a piece the Wire set was a late Birthday Present but it came from Quadratec http://www.quadratec.com/products/17610_60X_PG.htm

EDIT forgot to add ive been running E3 plugs in my deLorean for over 2 years and I like them thats why I put them in the Jeep, between them and the rest of the wires coil n stuff I can Feel a sizable differance in the way the Jeep runs :mrgreen:

CineWeekly

Post by CineWeekly » March 21st, 2012, 3:08 am

Will you be sticking with the tan interior or swapping for grey?
Need a Jeep in the Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia area.
http://www.CineWeekly.com

Ecto-DMC

Post by Ecto-DMC » March 21st, 2012, 5:56 pm

No I will be Dyeing the Dash and door panels before to long (just waiting for it to get good and warm) I'll be putting in new green Carpet after I lizard skin the interior.

On a side note My grandmother is a seamstress she makes bow cases and hunting gear today she has agreed to redo my Sahara seats this Winter during her slow time :) She said the seats should be easy compared to the things she builds for hunting :lol:

Ecto-DMC

Post by Ecto-DMC » March 25th, 2012, 3:55 pm

My lovely wife took my shifter from my jeep and made it quite unique for my Jurassic Park Jeep conversion. It's got the clear dome on it just like the factory shift pattern used too. so this is officially the first permanent piece to be added (well besides the Stock Sahara Stuff)

Last edited by Ecto-DMC on July 5th, 2015, 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ecto-DMC

Post by Ecto-DMC » April 1st, 2012, 6:12 pm

Well after getting a few Quotes for a FULL paint job INSIDE and OUT and talking to the last shop ive decided to go a different wrought for now. The last Shop I went to I showed the owner what I wanted to do he dug it a lot but then asked me why I was going to paint over the Good Green paint I had , After a few min he showed me how the Fender flairs could be fixed for next to nothing and I could keep the Green Remove the stripes and Instead of Red go with a Black or some other dark color and make the Jeep just Look Mean! The more I have thought about this the more I have come to the conclusion I may go this wrought for now Until I get all my Mechanicals and interior done then I can paint her per the movie. I think Green and Black stripes black rims would look good :mrgreen: maybe a dark charcoal gray like gunmetal? Just wondering What Yall think ?

ImperialTrooper
Site Administrator

Post by ImperialTrooper » April 1st, 2012, 8:46 pm

I saw a pic of someone else doing a camo green with flat black stripes and It looked awesome. Fixing up the mechanical aspects sounds like a better plan, and it's also what I'm doing with mine. I'm doing preventive maintenance making sure every part has been looked at before I drop $3000 on a paintjob.

Ecto-DMC

Post by Ecto-DMC » April 24th, 2012, 4:54 pm

got my plates :)