PROGRESS

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
T-rex23

PROGRESS

Post by T-rex23 » February 4th, 2012, 7:07 pm

After all this time, I have finally found a good eep for my build, it's a 1992 wrangler, 75,000 miles, everything is in good shape, the top is a little off, but my gf is going to sale her car so we can get the Jeep, in turn I am letting her drive my 04' wrangler. With any luck I can pick the Jeep up within the week and start my build. I will try to post pics of my progress.

T-rex23

Re: PROGRESS

Post by T-rex23 » February 7th, 2012, 8:13 pm

I finally picked up my Jeep today, there are a few small issues with it, but it is small things, I'm so happy, I will post some picstures of it a little later, the old man that had it was glad to get rid of it. I am so excited, can't wait to start my build.

Ecto-DMC

Post by Ecto-DMC » February 8th, 2012, 5:44 pm

happy day have fun
Roads Where were going a Delorean will never go, BUT a JEEP sure will!.

cpltony
Completed JP Jeep

Post by cpltony » February 9th, 2012, 8:21 am

Come on then....what are the issues?

Ashtrays full? Chewing gum on the signal switch?
Radio stations presets all wrong? ;)
92 Jeep Wrangler YJ
Jeep #18
Oklahoma

CineWeekly

Post by CineWeekly » February 17th, 2012, 5:46 am

Do you mind telling how much you paid for it?
Need a Jeep in the Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia area.
http://www.CineWeekly.com

T-rex23

Post by T-rex23 » February 17th, 2012, 8:23 pm

Issues with it are minor really, the gauges need fixed, winshield washing container is gone, wrong tires, but they have good tread, cherokee rims on it, the radio was fucked up so I took it out, dash board has been cut and has some cracks in it, top is jacked up but serviceable until I can get a replacement, there are no cushioning on the roll bars, they welded a four wheeler winch to the front, need bumper ends, gotta take the home theatre speakers out of the back, and the tail gate broke part way so I am just going to get a replacement from morris 4x4, and it has no A/C, though when I looked at the engine it has the connection for it. I also need to get a valve gasket to put in it, and I paid $1,500 for it. I will try to post pictures of it later. Though my girl friend sold her car so I could get it, oh and I also need a new shifter knob and the echaust is a little loud so I need to fix it to, as I said, these are minor issues in my eyes, they did save me the trouble of having to take out the carpet, so thats what I have to work with, but considering me and my girl friend pull in about 2,500 a month this shouldn't take long to fix.

CineWeekly

Post by CineWeekly » February 18th, 2012, 3:01 am

Wow, in my moderate experience, $1,500 seems like a steal w/ that mileage for nearly any vehicle. Nice find.
Need a Jeep in the Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia area.
http://www.CineWeekly.com

T-rex23

Post by T-rex23 » February 19th, 2012, 4:45 am

Yes it was a nice find, some old man was quick to offload it to, I took care of the wiring issue last night and ripped the mess out, so now to fix my other issues with it, which I will start on those next weeend, hopefully I will have pics tonight sometime.

T-rex23

Post by T-rex23 » February 24th, 2012, 5:44 am

More progress, I've finally undone the previous owners fucked up wiring job, and replaced the battery, the old man who owned it put a small battery in it, the jeep ran fine for two weeks with it though, but we have the proper one in now, so all I have to do is remove the welded on winch and I will have it down to about where I need it. I should be able to get some pictures today or tomorrow of it so I can post them. Though I may be a man, to be onest with you guys my gf is extremely mechanically inclined, and is actually helping with the project. lol

MrScorpio

Post by MrScorpio » February 24th, 2012, 4:05 pm

T-rex23 wrote:Though I may be a man, to be onest with you guys my gf is extremely mechanically inclined, and is actually helping with the project. lol
We might have similar taste in women then. My gf was a forklift mechanic when I met her and I gotta admit that she is a better mechanic than I am. She even has some paint and body experience and is as excited about getting started as I am. Just gotta get a few more things in place then I can get mine going.
1993 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
JP #21

Oklahoma State Dinosaur: Saurophaganax which can be seen in Oklahoma at The Sam Noble Museum