PROGRESS

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
T-rex23

Re: PROGRESS

Post by T-rex23 » February 26th, 2012, 8:33 pm

My jeep is down, we replaced the valve gasket yesterday and got it on, but the back end of the drive shaft fell out when we gave it a small test run, and it fell out, I towed it to good year, and I did find a nice set of baha fog lights for the bumper. As of right now I have mechanical issues to work out, but it's going slowly but surely.
Though my gf likes the idea, she still calls it a geek mobile but she is helping me with it.

ImperialTrooper
Site Administrator

Post by ImperialTrooper » February 26th, 2012, 9:35 pm

Is the jeep lifted? I hear if its over 2 inches higher than stock, that could happen.

T-rex23

Post by T-rex23 » February 28th, 2012, 7:15 am

No it's not lifted or anything, it's stock, the bracket or something on the drive shaft was cracked and it just had all it could stand, seeing I wasn't the driver it has caused a bit of drama because family was involved in it, but no worries, mainly because my uncle stepped in before it got ugly. lol I will try to get some pictures of the jeep up, see I live with my girl friend, and when we go up to he moms I keep forgetting to take pictures. What sucks is I still have alot of work to do, and a decent amount of money comming out for insurance and repairs to my other jeep which was wrecked, so it's going to slow down for a bit, but I can still post updates because I can do small things to it worth mentioning.

T-rex23

Post by T-rex23 » May 17th, 2012, 8:23 pm

I am finally back on track with my build, I had a few financial things pop up that hindered it along with my wedding which the jeep deffinately had to take a backseat to that, I'm sorry I haven't posted any pictures of it yet, but hopefully I should be able to this weekend because my father-in-law is a car guru and is going to help me fix my engine up, so by Saturday I should have something posted, I just only wish I could of had the jeep finished for my wedding, I was wanting a banner like in the final scene except instead of saying "when dinosaurs ruled the earth" say, "Just Married" and tie it to the back of the jeep, that woulda been nice speeding off from the court house. lol

T-rex23

Post by T-rex23 » May 29th, 2012, 5:57 pm

I finally got some pictures of it, I know its been long overdue, but here they are:

Embracetherust

Post by Embracetherust » May 30th, 2012, 6:51 pm

Looks good, Lottta potential there man

T-rex23

Post by T-rex23 » May 30th, 2012, 7:57 pm

Yeah there is, I was at my in-laws, my father-in-law is a car guru, Saturday we plan to replace the gauges and remove the bulb from the idiot light, then I'm going to work on the interrior, which I don't have much to do there, I don't think I'm going to be able to do the Sahara interrior due to difficulty locating seats so I may do more modern looking seats and a black console, the last owners just put a wood pile in there and called it a console.
Though I have a few things to line out with the engine, I will have to replace the oxygen sensor and reattach a few vaccum hoses, maybe $80 or so then I will have to go buy the rims for it, I think I've found a junk yard that has them, for about 30 a piece, but I have the resources to get what I need.
Saturday though I will try to get as much as I can done...I will post pictures if possible...

T-rex23

Post by T-rex23 » September 7th, 2012, 10:21 pm

Today I finally got more things done, all I have left to fix now is the water tempature switch, I picked up the oil pressue switch at auto zone for $35. The next steps is to fix the dash, and line my interrior, I would do more but due to economy and wife unable to find work I can't do much...bare with me. lol

T-rex23

Post by T-rex23 » April 6th, 2013, 7:37 am

A couple of weeks ago I replaced the muffler with a Thrush, it cost $31, I had to make three trips to advance in order to get the right adapter though. I turned the engine over and the exhaust sounds great. I also discovered I have two seals leaking, the front end seal and the seal below my distribtor cap, I have the seals jst need to replace them. I was also wondering would it be a good idea to use flex seal to line the floor boards with instead of rhino liner? I would like to know if anybody has tried it.

T-rex23

Post by T-rex23 » July 25th, 2016, 10:05 pm

It's been awhile, but I've resumed the project, here is the official start of my tear down.
https://youtu.be/LQZeBegS-vk