my jurassic park jeep

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
njc007

Re: my jurassic park jeep

Post by njc007 » August 4th, 2012, 12:47 pm

Sold??

sahara93
Completed JP Jeep

Post by sahara93 » August 8th, 2012, 8:45 pm

Nope still got it.
I've been driving it around for about the last month or so. Gets quite a bit of attention.

sahara93
Completed JP Jeep

Post by sahara93 » November 2nd, 2012, 7:50 pm

Hi all,

I've decided to keep the jeep after driving it around quite a bit over summer.
I had forgotten how much fun driving a jeep was!!!

Since then I have finally gotten around to getting the correct OEM style soft top
Installed the rear amber fog lights and removed the bracket for roof rack that I have them previously bolted to and mounted them directly to the taillights.
I have also gotten the correct spice color decal finally turning the "JOOP" into a JEEP.
Jurassic Soft top.jpg
Jurassic Amber lights.jpg
Jurassic Amber light 1.jpg
Jurassic Jeep.jpg
Since adding the soft top I have had to remove the antenna as it was mounted to the windshield frame before and I'm unable to mount it that same way with this style softtop. So i'll have to come up with something until I can find a light bar. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them!

I'm currently pulling out all of the carpet and giving it a good cleaning and I'm going to get some new velcro and stick it all back in place as the current velcro isn't holding anything down anymore.
I've actually been running it though the washing machine piece by piece and it's coming unbelievably clean! I was surprised that some of the bigger pieces fit but I've managed to get them in there so far. I don't know about you guys inside the tub is full of something that looks like sand but I think its off of the back of the carpeting. Since washing it that is all gone now so I should be able to keep everything clean on the inside!

yj87jp

Post by yj87jp » November 3rd, 2012, 7:30 am

I didn't think you could put automitive carpet in a washing machine
WE GOT DODSON, WE GOT DODSON HERE!

sahara93
Completed JP Jeep

Post by sahara93 » November 3rd, 2012, 10:21 am

Well most carpeting is all in one big Piece and quite thick to keep things quiet and it's normally molded into a certain shape to fit the tub of the car.
There really isn't much to the jeep carpeting as its quite thin and has very little shape so I wasn't too worried about it. It's also 20 years old so I don't think you really do much more to it then years of normal wear and tear. It also comes apart in 5 parts so I wasn't to much trouble to get to fit in there.

weapon lxxxi

Post by weapon lxxxi » November 4th, 2012, 6:49 am

Have a look at my jeep page (I'd link you up but I'm not near the computer)
I've used zip ties for my Ariel & attached it to the roll bar near the windscreen. It's only until I get a light bar but it has worked sofar.

sahara93
Completed JP Jeep

Post by sahara93 » November 4th, 2012, 10:16 pm

Ok great I'll check it out!

Dr. Allen Grant

Post by Dr. Allen Grant » November 4th, 2012, 11:49 pm

Where did you get the jeep stickers to fix joop

sahara93
Completed JP Jeep

Post by sahara93 » November 5th, 2012, 11:45 am

I actually got them a few years ago when I redid the pinstripes on another jeep I had and ordered a kit from collins brothers jeeps. It was a 93 Sahara in green. On that jeep the "jeep" decals were red and I didn't use them anyways as I just needed the pinstripes which were red And spice. I never really thought about them since because i always just assumed they were red. I found the decals a little while ago and actually looked at them and saw they were the correct spice color for the Jurassic park jeep. What a find after spending the last nearly 4 years thinking they were red! I am somewhat disapibted as it was suppose to be a complete kit and the keep logos were the wrong color for the original application and no 4.0 high output decal was even included in the kit. It worked out in the end but if I were trying to completely restore that jeep I would be pissed!
The decals kit was set directly to me from the manufactor in Arizona and they actualy put the cost of the decals on the box which was about $60. I think I paid nearly two hundred bucks for them! I should see if I still have th adress. I kinda felt like I got ripped off but oh we'll.

hayabusa18
Completed JP Jeep

Post by hayabusa18 » February 9th, 2013, 7:38 am

great job on your jeep and where did you get the soft top at?