weapon lxxxi's jeep 12

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
weapon lxxxi

Re: weapon lxxxi's jeep 12

Post by weapon lxxxi » May 13th, 2012, 2:49 am

Update time....
selling my old wheels was fun, I put them on eBay so many times & had silly offers & loads of watchers (dont watch buy grrr ha!) for them but after one last post some one wanted them. He sent me a message saying he owned a military surplus warehouse & I could have a look around too, it was pretty cool. But the best bit was when we got to talking we compared jeeps he's got a sahara but is modding it up to be army desert spec, so is ripping loads off it. So I'm getting his running boards :D he was gonna "throw away" :O & he likes to drive around door less & roof etc so his seats get wet in this crap British weather, so I suggested we swap seats as mine are wipe clean/dry leather he was up for that so yay. Pics to come of that. They don't seem to be exactly the same as the JP ones tho it's not a leather pouch? And on the side wall of the bottom part it's that leather too (different year mayb?). They need a clean up & I've seen a local company that re upholsters granny chairs I may take it to them. It is close enough for now tho. I have also now moved the front spots to the correct ish position on the front bumper. (I will get pics soon as I can)
Last edited by weapon lxxxi on May 19th, 2012, 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

weapon lxxxi

Post by weapon lxxxi » May 19th, 2012, 12:00 pm

while im waiting on my new seats i got board and took apart the old light bar i dont want, the lights i think could be used as the amber ones on the rear with that lens colour stuff? i plan to use these as my signal lights & replace the euro spec lense with the american one so its just the brake light & reverse (ive gotta check this is leagal first :S i dont see why not?)
amber1.JPG
amber2.JPG
i also bought this paint for the wheels maybe see how it turns out/holds up, its a good metal paint so again will see what happens.
wheelpaint.JPG
This morning I had a brainwave, what happens when all the jeeps are parked up in the garage at the island, we assume all the keys get hung up someplace......
now this got me thinking, all the keys look the same your in a rush & you want to drive your fave jeep which key is it :O?
so how about a mini tag for your keys, problem solved ingen employees :D
keyring.JPG
i think as soon as i get the seats in im just gonna want to paint it soon as i possibly can. cant wait.
ive had a few other ideas but they can wait a while ;) keep yall in suspence....

ImperialTrooper
Site Administrator

Post by ImperialTrooper » May 19th, 2012, 12:28 pm

I like the mini tag idea, that's neat!

weapon lxxxi

Post by weapon lxxxi » May 19th, 2012, 6:43 pm

ImperialTrooper wrote:I like the mini tag idea, that's neat!
Thanks I love it & it took all of 2seconds to make. I just shrunk my mirror tag to the right size & stuck it in an old keyring

weapon lxxxi

Post by weapon lxxxi » June 6th, 2012, 11:08 am

Ive got a rattle in my exhaust (not a snake I looked) it seems to be comming from the box in the middle anyone got any ideas what it is? It sounds like metal on metal but I can't find any loose fittings. Would something fall out inside maybe??? :s

Railtech
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Railtech » June 6th, 2012, 11:23 am

Catalytic Converter the inner core must have broken loose inside.
93 YJ Sahara/JP29 WIP

weapon lxxxi

Post by weapon lxxxi » June 6th, 2012, 11:49 am

Bugger s there a way I can fix it or do I have to buy a new one?

cpltony
Completed JP Jeep

Post by cpltony » June 6th, 2012, 12:22 pm

It happened on my wifes Dodge....just take it to Kwik Fit and they can either install a new muffler or (what my guy did) was just cut it out and replace it with straight pipe. Not sure of the laws over there....I guess its going to be a new muffler.
92 Jeep Wrangler YJ
Jeep #18
Oklahoma

weapon lxxxi

Post by weapon lxxxi » June 6th, 2012, 12:46 pm

Ah now that would sound nice!! I'm not sure either the boy racers decat thier cars not sure on the old mot tho, just had that too & it passed. It's just a really annoying noise!!!

cpltony
Completed JP Jeep

Post by cpltony » June 6th, 2012, 12:48 pm

No MOT's here in OK....I forgot about that. Kwik Fit will take care of it...and make sure it stays legal.
92 Jeep Wrangler YJ
Jeep #18
Oklahoma