weapon lxxxi's jeep 12

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
weapon lxxxi

Re: weapon lxxxi's jeep 12

Post by weapon lxxxi » June 7th, 2015, 4:27 pm

RogueAnt wrote:Nice Registration plate, how much did that set you back? :shock:
£250 I think that's cheap? For a private plate

Jay

Post by Jay » June 9th, 2015, 5:43 am

Looking awesome on the beach! Loving the interior door panels, need to get me some of those!

weapon lxxxi

Post by weapon lxxxi » June 9th, 2015, 12:12 pm

Jay wrote:Looking awesome on the beach! Loving the interior door panels, need to get me some of those!
Thanks dude, that was at the car show, jeep let us park on the beach :)
Yeah I was lucky to get Sahara half doors, keep searching that's what I do, & don't sit on it just buy you will regret it if it goes. I'm still on a reupholster too so I'll let you know if I get a price on the seat bags

RogueAnt

Post by RogueAnt » July 28th, 2015, 4:32 pm

Is yours a Sahara by the way?

mattdarlington

Post by mattdarlington » August 20th, 2015, 3:31 pm

Hi
How have you found building it in the UK. I am starting one and most of the info I have found has been for working on one in the USA. I have not got my jeep yet, but have picked up some wheels and number plates, so its a start. I am wanting to build jeep 29.

Bryan

Post by Bryan » August 21st, 2015, 4:17 pm

I'm building one myself too from Northern Ireland. I've got a 1995 RHD Sahara edition. Parts are hard to come by in the UK and some parts are cheaper to buy and import from the US - I've bought new bumper end caps and saved at least £15 even paying for the shipping. I've aquired the correct wheels and tyres (with radial white lettering) for mine so far.

mattdarlington

Post by mattdarlington » August 23rd, 2015, 9:35 am

I have spotted things like that Bryan, been looking at half door. Not spotted any in the UK only in USA. I got the wheels off a facebook group for Jeeps with goodyear tyres for £165 inc postage.
I am finding the Jeeps all over with the pricing. Been looking on ebay and see them selling for about £1500, but a few listed at £4000 and not selling. Hope to get some thing early by the new year.

Bryan

Post by Bryan » August 23rd, 2015, 9:43 am

Mine came with half doors and regular doors as well :-)

It was a non runner when I bought it and needed a new ECU and battery to get running again. It failed MOT yesterday on a brake pipe so I'm going to change all of the brake pipes to keep them happy. Not bad for sitting around and last on the road in 2007!

mattdarlington

Post by mattdarlington » August 23rd, 2015, 9:48 am

Bryan wrote:Mine came with half doors and regular doors as well :-)

It was a non runner when I bought it and needed a new ECU and battery to get running again. It failed MOT yesterday on a brake pipe so I'm going to change all of the brake pipes to keep them happy. Not bad for sitting around and last on the road in 2007!
All them kids needed in Jurassic World was a jump start for that one sat about for 22 years, :lol: