James Pero's #09

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
jamespero

Re: James Pero's #09

Post by jamespero » August 27th, 2011, 2:58 pm

I'm glad I caught it when I did.
James Pero
1995 YJ Sahara, 4.0L 5spd

jamespero

Post by jamespero » November 17th, 2014, 8:32 pm

Well, it's been far too long since my last update. Sorry to have just up and disappeared on you all... It's funny how things just kid of happen... "Life finds a way." So a lot has happened since my last post... Not a lot with the Jeep though. :/

I've recently had to replace the fuel line and that's about all I've gotten done due to lack of time and funds. I recently started a new job that offers a little more of both. I'm currently having an internal debate about the Jeep and what course of action I want to take.

I still haven't gotten the frame taken care of. I have had the Jeep garaged for a little over a year now mainly because of the sketchiness of the frame rust. I do have the parts (weld over frame pieces) to get it fixed, I just need to find a reliable welder to get it done.

I still have $1000 left to pay on the loan I bought the Jeep with, so that's good. I've been thinking of selling it once I have it paid off and using that as a down payment for a new Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, but I'm still very much attached to the idea of having a semi screen accurate replica.

I'm torn. Either way, I'll be able to start moving on this project again in early 2015, just gotta get through the holidays.

For those interested, the next few fixes I have on the list include a new radiator, engine rebuild (just to clean and turn it up), frame fix, suspension replacement, tires, body bushings, differential seals... Not exactly low budget fixes. :/
James Pero

jamespero

Post by jamespero » June 28th, 2015, 7:07 pm

So... I just bought a new soft top....

The Jeep is paid off now too, but I just bought a 2015 JKU, so I'm not sure where this project stands at the moment. I still have the '95 and hope to eventually put some time and money into it to get it into shape.
James Pero

GuyHaley

Post by GuyHaley » June 29th, 2015, 6:51 am

Never give up on the dream. Hopefully the new movie renews your interest