BJDoering's Modern #24 JP Jeep

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
bjdoering
Completed JP Jeep

Re: BJDoering's Modern #24 JP Jeep

Post by bjdoering » August 17th, 2011, 8:41 am

The sand beige that is used is a no gloss formula. Chosen also by the production staff to reduce the glare during filming. The modern paint that is no gloss will instantly have sheen marks when cleaned or even if someone was to touch the paint. The oil from your skin can even make the paint have glossy streaks in it. The decals will be replaced with larger ones as they were ordered before the process and done online by an already mentioned dealer who needsless to say cannot do scaling to save their lives.

Jack_Fauth
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Jack_Fauth » August 17th, 2011, 1:05 pm

oh I thought that it was a production color that just had the red added to...pretty sure i'm right
Looks good either way, I think i would at least get the jeep wheels for it. They are really inexpensive
Still selling complete decal/stencil kits in any number

Jeep conversion service http://www.no-limitcustoms.com

95 Sahara- PA Jeep#12-SOLD
000 _oooo_
00/| ,[___],
|--L
@/--[]lllll[]-
()_) 0 ()_)-o-)_)

MN-cherokee

Post by MN-cherokee » August 17th, 2011, 5:20 pm

Correct. The sand beige poly (low gloss) was a factory color offered by Jeep. It was somewhat popular due to Desert Storm. People sitting at home watching the news saw lots of flat tan Humvees rolling through the desert.

One of the YJs I went to look at was a correctly painted 92 Sahara with the low gloss Sand Beige. While it was rusty, it otherwise looked fine. No shiney marks or streaks. Nice even flat paint.

FYI

Jack_Fauth
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Jack_Fauth » August 17th, 2011, 10:08 pm

So why then would you say the color would not work?
Others have done it with much success, no streaking or shiny marks
Did the body shop tell you that story?
Any paint with a matte clear or flattener added would have been fine.
Still selling complete decal/stencil kits in any number

Jeep conversion service http://www.no-limitcustoms.com

95 Sahara- PA Jeep#12-SOLD
000 _oooo_
00/| ,[___],
|--L
@/--[]lllll[]-
()_) 0 ()_)-o-)_)

Boomerjinks
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Boomerjinks » August 18th, 2011, 12:02 am

Matte and low-gloss finishes actually handle dirt and grease waaaay better than gloss.

spike42718

Post by spike42718 » August 18th, 2011, 3:47 am

easy guys :) way to ruin someones night. I think it turned out fine. I would get the J5 rims though, but thats just my opinion
Go ahead, make fun of my JP jeep. Then all of a sudden a T-rex comes out of nowhere!!!!!!!!............The jeep only sets 4, who's laughing now?

bjdoering
Completed JP Jeep

Post by bjdoering » August 18th, 2011, 6:39 am

Right, I'm going to defer the paint explaination to the body shop guys. I'm not a body shop, paint, gloss, etc expert. They explained the gloss will last longer and perfrom over time better than matte. Either way it turned out better than expected and the gloss looks great. Many compliments out on the street in Cincy. I'm having trouble finding the right wheels and I'm going to let these tires wear down before dumping money into new ones. The door decals as mentioned above are being redone dut to a "scaling problem" again, going to defer to the online vinyl company here lol (Going with a local dealer here in Cincy this time). I'm doing what i can to redo some of this, however appreciate the positive feedback from those who did lol. I dont mind the negatives either, that's the reason for the forums and the MANY opinions.

Railtech
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Railtech » August 18th, 2011, 6:12 pm

Looks good, get some bigger logo's and its going to look really good. Since you have a lift you might try and find some 33x10.5 BFG AT's on those stock YJ wheels. I think that would fill out the openings well and really set it apart. Glossy or flat doesn't matter I like the way yours turned out. Never seen a TJ done before congrats on breaking new ground there.

I have some old pics of my TJ on 33x10.5 BFG MT's around somewhere if you want to see what it would look like.
93 YJ Sahara/JP29 WIP

Ecto-DMC

Post by Ecto-DMC » August 18th, 2011, 6:30 pm

Your jeep looks GREAT and will be even beater with the Bigger Door logos :D Im surprised how good a TJ looks as a Jurassic Jeep congratulations on proving me wrong I was sure it would look bad LOL.. ;)

The one thing about the TJ's that kills me is the Jeep Stamping in the sides, why did they have to go to a single stamp style :?
Roads Where were going a Delorean will never go, BUT a JEEP sure will!.

mydigitalvoid

Post by mydigitalvoid » August 18th, 2011, 7:15 pm

I love how this TJ came out! I have a TJ as well that I'm slowly working on converting.