Robert's JP #undecided

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
boboo2u

Robert's JP #undecided

Post by boboo2u » October 29th, 2010, 7:05 pm

Well, I jumped in with both feet today. Started running into all the little things that make customizing a sheer joy ;) . Like scraping off Sahara Limited logos (gasp) that have been on for 21 years (89) with a heat gun,razor blade and goo gone. Only to find that the vehicle had been repainted by a color blind paint matcher.....nice circle left behind :roll: . I started dulling down the clearcoat with 3M scuffing pads and following it up with Mothers Hotwheels wax. Just enough grit to repair the scuff marks but not enough to make it shine again. I also went to Home Depot and bought some Rust-Oleum Plasic primer for the side view mirrors and Rust-Oleum Satin Paprika paint to practice color with. It appears to me that the JP jeep stripes had an orangy red tint to them, so I will try with this and if it looks good I will shoot it with a Matte Clear of you guessed it Rust-Oleum! If not I will try another red.

With JP 4 coming out next year, I think our Vehicles will be in high demand at theater openings and the like. Hopefully I will be able to afford the correct base paint before then. But I will do with the color I have now. Sorry, no pics yet, My camera is off to the Geek squad...again. If you want to see pics of the Volksrod I just sold, check my Facebook page. Robert Nuzum So. California or look it up by my e-mail address boboo2u@yahoo.com. oh, and I found a full set of 5 alloy's on Craigslist for $50.00......too late. Where is the crying emo when you need it?

Railtech
Completed JP Jeep

Re: Robert's JP #undecided

Post by Railtech » October 29th, 2010, 8:26 pm

Congratulations Robert! Welcome!

I didn't even know there was a JP4 coming out. Guess we should all get busy! Keep an eye out on craigslist or your local u-pull-it yard. Many vehicles had those wheels back in the late 80s early 90s.

Good luck with your build, keep us posted.
93 YJ Sahara/JP29 WIP

Demon665

Post by Demon665 » October 30th, 2010, 11:11 pm

There's no IMDB page for a JP4, so I don't think it's gotten off the ground yet.
1995 Jeep Wrangler
1981 Delorean DMC-12 (no BTTF conversion will ever grace this beautiful car)
2011 Scion XB

spike42718

Post by spike42718 » October 31st, 2010, 2:19 am

joe johnston mentioned it in an interview last feb. that him and Stephen S. would start on it after captain america. they say it wont be on the island and that it will be much unlike the other 3. Im kinda scared :cry:
Go ahead, make fun of my JP jeep. Then all of a sudden a T-rex comes out of nowhere!!!!!!!!............The jeep only sets 4, who's laughing now?

boboo2u

Post by boboo2u » October 31st, 2010, 1:07 pm

Th following is an excerpt from The Box Office Magazine with director Joe Johnston.
The internet is freaking out that there might be a Jurassic Park IV.

Wow, when did that happen?

November-you mentioned to Ain't it Cool News that there might be a good script.

Did I tell him? Was it me?

You said that there was no way to get people back on the island for a fourth time and have it make sense, but that 2001 was the last installment and we're due.

Well, there is going to be a Jurassic Park IV. And it's going to be unlike anything you've seen. It breaks away from the first three-it's essentially the beginning of the second Jurassic Park trilogy. It's going to be done in a completely different way. That's pretty much all I can tell you.

A second trilogy?

If you think of the first three as a trilogy, number four would be the beginning of a second trilogy.

That's big. So not to lock you in, but there's a possibility there might be a total of six films?

Well, you never know. If they keep working-and if audiences keep going to them-there's no reason why there wouldn't be. We just want to make them justified in their own right. We don't want to make sequel after sequel just because there's a market for it. We want to tell different, interesting stories. You don't want to just sell hamburger.

Also, Kiera knightly has been named by Rotten Tomatoes to join the cast.
I have seen teaser trailers from googling.
All of these things should be taken with scrutiny, of course. but crossing of fingers couldn't hurt :D

spike42718

Post by spike42718 » November 1st, 2010, 2:33 am

Its weird, but everytime somebody is said to be in the new cast, Im like "....and Sam Niel?...." he cant marry Laura Dern if he isnt in the movie! right?
Go ahead, make fun of my JP jeep. Then all of a sudden a T-rex comes out of nowhere!!!!!!!!............The jeep only sets 4, who's laughing now?

Demon665

Post by Demon665 » November 2nd, 2010, 9:02 pm

Remember her character is married to someone else in the 3rd movie.
1995 Jeep Wrangler
1981 Delorean DMC-12 (no BTTF conversion will ever grace this beautiful car)
2011 Scion XB

spike42718

Post by spike42718 » November 3rd, 2010, 12:42 am

yeah I know. but it wont last. he isnt the dinosaur man :lol:

boboo2u

Post by boboo2u » November 3rd, 2010, 8:03 pm

I really wish I found this site before I bought new Smittybuilt bumpers, Super seats, Sunrider soft top (black), Tuffy security center console, and so on. Now I have to sell all that new stuff and buy the stock stuff. If I could find someone willing to trade, that would be awesome. $400.00 super seats for stock sailcloths....it could happen. The rock crawler bumpers I know i can get rid of quick. As for the soft top, I think I'm pretty much stuck with it, as if being stuck with a new top is a bad thing ;) .

boboo2u

Post by boboo2u » November 13th, 2010, 8:47 pm

1113101645.jpg
Well I decided to go ahead and paint my stock Wrangler rims until I can get a set of the new ones...It looks like a Christmas Jeep. My son came up with a clever idea for the WRANGLER side emblems. Drop the W and the L and make it RANGER...9 yr olds are so much fun. sorry about the fuzzy phone pic.