Jeep #25

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
Doolittle
Completed JP Jeep

Re: Jeep #25

Post by Doolittle » September 14th, 2010, 7:48 pm

I can't wait to have this project done!

Need a new bumper but the Jeep looks great. Thinking about spray painting black underneath the grill because that area looks terrible compared to the rest of the vehicle. Gotta put the windshield back in too.
105_0005.JPG
Hand painted. He did so well you can't even feel them. The whole vehicle is completely smooth.
105_0006.JPG
Waiting to install my new roll bar padding before putting the rest of the roll bar back in. I have a sound bar in my Wrangler, any suggestions on how to modify the black padding?
105_0007.JPG
The other major break in the dash from a wreck in '07. I was pulling on it to emphasize the crack, it's not as bad as it looks. Again, any suggestions on how to repair this or would a replacement panel be a better option?
105_0022.JPG
I'm going to remove the trailer hitch and fill in the dent (I was rear ended by a small pick up truck about 4 years ago), then paint the whole thing black.
The correctly painted hinges. The blue blanket makes the color look off but they match the vehicle.
About 180k miles. Good thing I've replaced almost all the engine parts before starting this conversion.

Just for fun - My main loves are Comic books, Jeep Wranglers, and dinosaurs. My favorite series being Cadillacs and Dinosaurs (or Xenozoic Tales). I wanted a Jeep tattoo so I figured why not combine it all and swapped out the Caddy in the image for a Wrangler. Since I'd always planned to paint my Wrangler I left it blank. When I began this conversion I had the tat touched up so that the Jeep resembled a JP one.
Hold onto your butts.

rocrunner

Post by rocrunner » September 14th, 2010, 9:18 pm

You're lucky to find someone who is interested in getting the details right. Most paint and body guys these days could care less. The doors look phenomenal. I think your upholsterer could probably make a good buck selling copies of the map pockets on ebay.

As for the photo below, pink nail polish and off roading lights, where else are you going to find that? lol

Doolittle
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Doolittle » October 2nd, 2010, 7:49 pm

Picked up my seats today!! (10/2) I had them re-upholstered because even after months of searching I couldn't find Sahara seats (at least affordable ones). My seats were grey, ripped, burned, molded, and just all around nasty.

The whip antennae has been around my house since before I was born but the mount and spring were in really bad shape so I bought them new at Radio Shack. I'm going to install a CB Radio just for the hell of it because I've already got one.

Hold onto your butts.

Railtech
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Railtech » October 4th, 2010, 8:22 am

Seats look great, they did a nice job! Antenna looks good too! Nice progress thus far!
93 YJ Sahara/JP29 WIP

Railtech
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Railtech » October 5th, 2010, 6:53 am

Would this dash panel fix the crack?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep-Wra ... 3a5f46bcc4
93 YJ Sahara/JP29 WIP

thefewtheproud

Post by thefewtheproud » October 30th, 2010, 12:13 pm

Do you mind me asking how much you paid for the seats to be reupolstered? I've been looking into this because I can't find any decent replacements. My wrangler is already a Sahara but my seats are faded and the driver's seat is pretty torn up.

Doolittle
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Doolittle » November 7th, 2010, 5:51 am

I paid $1,200 total for a fold and tumble rear bench, both front seats and the door panels. My seats were in pretty bad shape as well as being the completely wrong color. Part of that cost was all new foam and padding. Hope that helps, and it was the cheapest I could find close to me.

And yeah demoran I wound up getting a piece like that to fix it. Problem is I may need to replace the metal dash underneath, it's rusted pretty bad. I'm looking around for a replacement piece on craigslist and ebay but I'm having no luck and I'm not sure what other options I have.
Rusted Dash.jpg
Rusted Dash.jpg (57.54 KiB) Viewed 13058 times
Hold onto your butts.

dan85

Post by dan85 » November 7th, 2010, 6:49 am

Keep watching ebay I've seen them on there a couple of times, the other option would be to grind it down unless the rust has eaten all the way through, in that case i would say just wait and replace it when you find one, maybe try looking in junk yards if you have any near you.
1994 Jeep Wrangler

Railtech
Completed JP Jeep

Post by Railtech » November 7th, 2010, 8:17 am

I'd hit that with a wire wheel and paint with POR15 and call it good. It not being structural or needing to be pretty I wouldn't outlay too much $ or effort on that.
93 YJ Sahara/JP29 WIP

spike42718

Post by spike42718 » December 11th, 2010, 2:54 am

any updates? Im going "glossy" and cant wait to see what yours looks like
Go ahead, make fun of my JP jeep. Then all of a sudden a T-rex comes out of nowhere!!!!!!!!............The jeep only sets 4, who's laughing now?