David's JP project (spike42718)

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

Re: David's JP project (spike42718)

Post by ratrace427 » January 22nd, 2015, 7:57 pm

the rear fog lights have been identified and are hard to find. you can still find them new in box so start searching..
I am John Sisemore on Facebook

fantomas
Completed JP Jeep

Post by fantomas » January 23rd, 2015, 2:56 am

Not sure if you mentioned it anywhere here, but what number were you going with? I want to say everything has been identified except for the EXACT shade of red.

spike42718

Post by spike42718 » January 23rd, 2015, 9:02 am

I'm doing number 12. I always just assumed the red was "KRD" radiant fire. I painted a couple doors using that and "LJ1" and it looked perfect.
Go ahead, make fun of my JP jeep. Then all of a sudden a T-rex comes out of nowhere!!!!!!!!............The jeep only sets 4, who's laughing now?

fantomas
Completed JP Jeep

Post by fantomas » January 23rd, 2015, 9:33 am

The radiant fire as far as I know is a best guess just because it was another option for oem colors at the time. They weren't bound to use that color, and the red on film varies pretty wildly because of the filters etc. that being said, it is what I painted mine and I love it.

For the 12, the only thing that hasn't been nailed down 100% are the overhead light rings and mounts. We've got some pretty close, but not exact.

spike42718

Post by spike42718 » January 23rd, 2015, 12:17 pm

I'm going with a different light setup on the bar. Golight strykers. I think their lower profile will look a little better when the top is off. The only problem with them is there remote operated so trying to operate all 4 might be problematic. they all work on the same channel but small delays might sill be a problem. What's the latest with decals and stencils? I have like 3 sets of door decals from different people but no stencils. Anytime I've mentioned stencils locally, the best they can do is make me a decal but I'm not convinced I could remove a decal from fresh paint without issue.
Go ahead, make fun of my JP jeep. Then all of a sudden a T-rex comes out of nowhere!!!!!!!!............The jeep only sets 4, who's laughing now?

fantomas
Completed JP Jeep

Post by fantomas » January 23rd, 2015, 12:30 pm

spike42718 wrote:I'm going with a different light setup on the bar. Golight strykers. I think their lower profile will look a little better when the top is off. The only problem with them is there remote operated so trying to operate all 4 might be problematic. they all work on the same channel but small delays might sill be a problem. What's the latest with decals and stencils? I have like 3 sets of door decals from different people but no stencils. Anytime I've mentioned stencils locally, the best they can do is make me a decal but I'm not convinced I could remove a decal from fresh paint without issue.
I had no problem removing mine, but I told them the vinyl was being used for a stencil so they used a special vinyl for that purpose.

spike42718

Post by spike42718 » January 23rd, 2015, 12:43 pm

the sign shops in my area suck. If your not ordering $1000+ worth they don't want to work with you. Anybody on here or online I could contact on that?

usmercenary
Completed JP Jeep

Post by usmercenary » January 25th, 2015, 12:37 am

spike42718 wrote:I'm going with a different light setup on the bar. Golight strykers. I think their lower profile will look a little better when the top is off. The only problem with them is there remote operated so trying to operate all 4 might be problematic. they all work on the same channel but small delays might sill be a problem.
Woah, those are pretty sweet. And to think I was crying thinking about buying a set of 4 Jabsco 135SLs, those are expensive! Also they Jabscos are individually remote operated too so the controllers are often mounted up all next to each other.
spike42718 wrote: What's the latest with decals and stencils? I have like 3 sets of door decals from different people but no stencils. Anytime I've mentioned stencils locally, the best they can do is make me a decal but I'm not convinced I could remove a decal from fresh paint without issue.
That stinks that no sign maker will make you a stencil. I got my door decals and side/hood stencils all made up at the same sign shop.

spike42718

Post by spike42718 » January 25th, 2015, 6:52 pm

Yeah I need to find someone to make them. I want to do it locally if possible so I can sign off on them before they print

spike42718

Post by spike42718 » March 27th, 2015, 8:46 pm

So, helpfully I'll be painting soon and I need your opinions. I've always assumed I would finish with an eggshell clear but now I'm on the fence. Not sure if I should go flat, matte, or eggshell. Or even glossy. Feel free to post your pics and what you went with and Help me make a decision.