Starting up JP15 in Washington

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
xennocide

Re: Starting up JP15 in Washington

Post by xennocide » February 9th, 2016, 4:18 pm

Thanks!
The carpet all came from a 94' Sahara at a junk yard. -Same donor as the seats

Got the bumperettes installed this morning before work. Took a small amount of ingenuity to get the bolts on without dropping the fuel tank. 3M 2x sticky tape is awesome!

dwkane

Post by dwkane » February 10th, 2016, 7:46 pm

I am very interested to know which paint shop you end up going with and what estimate they give you. I am dreading having to find a good one that won't mess up the stripes...

xennocide

Post by xennocide » February 14th, 2016, 9:11 pm

dwkane wrote:I am very interested to know which paint shop you end up going with and what estimate they give you. I am dreading having to find a good one that won't mess up the stripes...
I'll let you know for sure. I'm planning on making a shop decision by end of March and will probably start shopping around soon.

xennocide

Post by xennocide » February 14th, 2016, 9:20 pm

Update for the week
I got the soft top installed. It's a best top supertop and I know its not screen accurate but it was hard to pass up the deal on it and will suffice for now. I'll eventually be looking to swap it out for the correct style but none are avbl right now for a reasonable price.

Half door mirrors installed. I had to drill and tap out screw holes for them but turned out looking great.

JP License Plates came in and got installed

And the 102" antenna + ball mount came in so I'll be working on installing that this week along with the Tuffy box that is going in instead of the backseat (swapable)

xennocide

Post by xennocide » February 14th, 2016, 9:25 pm

I'm considering getting a vanity plate too but haven't made a final decision
The options I am looking at are

RustyRodder

Post by RustyRodder » February 15th, 2016, 9:20 am

JP 15 is always good!

What made you go with the BFG K1 over the original K0?
JP25- Jurassic Park Maintenance, 1988 Jeep Comanche
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2680

xennocide

Post by xennocide » February 22nd, 2016, 6:47 pm

More work done over the weekend.
Aside from using the 3" lift and 33 tires, the other change I wanted to use in my build was to use the Tuffy security box in lue of the backseat. It looks pretty easy to swap these back and forth if I wanted to put the back seat back in but since I am also using a non screen Jeep number, there should be some wiggle room for utility.

After installing the box, I had a great idea of making a Dinosaur wooden box or kennel to strap to the top. Might be a fun touch :D

I had time to drill and install the 102" antenna and the correct lightbar clip. I do not like the way it kinks the antenna a little in the front and I'm thinking a rubber gasket or o-ring may work instead of the plastic clip

Lastly I picked up an original Jeep AM/FM Cassette stereo and had high hopes of installing it... Until I pulled out the aftermarket JVC and saw the PO had hacked all the stereo wires. I'm waiting on a wiring harness off ebay now but in all honestly I should replace the whole dashboard wiring harness as it is a splicing mess but that might be something I could use a hand from someone more knowledgeable than I.

xennocide

Post by xennocide » February 24th, 2016, 9:08 pm

Junkyard pestering has paid off :D These are getting shipped out today

First5.0

Starting up JP15 in Washington

Post by First5.0 » February 25th, 2016, 7:03 pm

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xennocide

Post by xennocide » February 29th, 2016, 8:20 pm

Seat came back from the upholster woot! (it really shows how faded the original seats had gotten)
Installed. Interior is Complete.

Had a break in the weather and a chance to drive the jeep around for the first time in 2 months. :D