Starting up JP15 in Washington

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
xennocide

Re: Starting up JP15 in Washington

Post by xennocide » December 13th, 2015, 8:45 pm

jhpeyton wrote:Good work! I'll be following your build since it seems to be active same time as mine is.

Luckily for me I have a lot less work to do with mine, but I also paid almost twice what you did on your jeep.

What are you using for the colors, lightbar and rear amber lights?
Hey! I think I've come across your CL add selling off those chrome parts lol. Your jeep looks a lot cleaner than mine and a great base to work off of.
I'm planning on using the standard Low Gloss Sand Beige Poly, and judging by what people have said on here, the Ford Performance Red seems to be the most accurate. I will probably end up keeping the wheels Plastidip'd red to save some cost.
I've got the specs for the lightbar and planning ask a few fabrication shops in the area to get a good price. For the rear amber lights, I am running a daily search to see if any pop up online and I will eventually use, as a placeholder I bought a set of KC 57 series I will be repainting black and wiring on a seperate switch.

jhpeyton

Post by jhpeyton » December 13th, 2015, 8:53 pm

Can you email me those lightbar specs? My email is jayson.peyton@hotmail.com

I went with some eagle lights that look really close and didn't cost that much ($40) There's a link in my JP build thread. I'm not going to count of trying to get a ahold of some KC 46's

And ya I'm leaning towards the fire performance red. Trying to get Jack Fauth to get back with me so I can buy a decal kit from him.
My Current JP29 Build Thread
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2872

xennocide

Post by xennocide » December 13th, 2015, 9:40 pm

Weekend update:
Was fighting a bad cold all weekend but still managed to find a few hours to work on the Jeep. I started to tackle the half doors. First thing I had to do was take out the aftermarket speakers and assess what kind of hole I was left with. Note the pretty long hacking cuts in the metal. Definitely not a professional install lol.

Originally I was planning on just leaving the holes in the interior panels but after pulling them off and placing the pouches over, I decided to reinforce them with a filler. A pair of plastic lids were repurposed for this. After cutting, scuffing the surfaces, and epoxing, the new panels looked better.

I sprayed on 2 coats of Rustoleum hunt club green and will see if it needs another coat tomorrow. Would you guys suggest painting the door handles green too or leaving them black?

Lastly, on Saturday FedEx dropped off the spice soft top and the new front fog lights plus my sister picked up the seats and the interior carpet down in SoCal. yay!

xennocide

Post by xennocide » December 28th, 2015, 8:23 pm

I'll be doing some updates soon. I received the front seats, carpet, console, half door uppers, OEM LJ1 spray paint (for the half doors), and a new set of fog lights. I had time over the holidays to rent a pressure washer and clean up the carpet and it looks like the weather will be all sunshine and rainbows for the next week so I intend to remove the hard top and paint the inside and outside to match the soft top and I've got the half doors completely apart and scrubbed down to be painted and reassembled to match the Sahara interior

ratrace427
Completed JP Jeep

Post by ratrace427 » January 1st, 2016, 3:03 pm

paint the handles for sure
I am John Sisemore on Facebook

xennocide

Post by xennocide » January 4th, 2016, 5:32 pm

Hard top is done and I'm working on the half doors now.
Hard Top progress thumbnails
Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image

Door
Image Image

JP Junkie

Post by JP Junkie » January 4th, 2016, 9:08 pm

Nice work so far! Looking forward to more posts and seeing it come alive!
Jurassic Park Jeep 10: Completed - Location: Minnesota
https://www.facebook.com/JPMaintenanceJeep/
Remember... a correct font is as important as the correct paint color!

xennocide

Post by xennocide » January 17th, 2016, 6:42 pm

Hey guys,
Its been a couple weeks and I've had work piling up but I do have some awesome updates!
The doors are done and installed!
Image Image Image Image

Maybe one of you guys can answer a question, as you can see in the last pic, there is a gap between the half door and the upper. I understand that I am missing the door channel, will that close up the gap or am I doing something wrong installing it?

xennocide

Post by xennocide » January 17th, 2016, 6:58 pm

I also had a local fab shop in Orting Valley build the lightbar off the specs provided on this forum.
The fab shop is Jaws Offroad https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jaws-Off ... 7198291753
I was quoted $150 for the lightbar. The shop had it built and ready within 5 days and Casey who did the work drives a 95 YJ and fitted the bar on his own jeep so it fit perfectly when I installed it on mine.

xennocide

Post by xennocide » January 17th, 2016, 7:14 pm

And my last update post,
I am getting the driver seat cusion reupholstered and ran into a small snag, the original seat had a bolt cut off and stuck, I tried several methods to remove it with no luck plus the foam was in ok/bad shape so I took a trip up to Oly4x4 in Snohomish. They had a great condition gray driver seat with bracket in the sale tent so I scored that for $25. I purchased a yard of the original trail cloth online a few weeks ago so now I have the original seat, replacement seat, and fabric ready to go, I just need to find some time to drop it off. Once that is done, I'll start installing the interior carpet and seats.