KP's JW JP29 Build [Complete]

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
KPtheMP
Completed JP Jeep

Re: KP's JW JP29 Build [Complete]

Post by KPtheMP » June 4th, 2016, 3:10 pm

So after about 6 months of driving a completed JP Jeep, I finally got a chance to meet up with Bossk and his Jeep. I had always been suspicious that my paint was the wrong color, it seemed to appear more "tan/gold" than "sand". When the jeeps were parked side by side, I definitely knew my color was wrong.

Not being able to live with this wrong color any longer I decided to look for new paint, my journey goes a little something like this... I originally bought what I thought was the correct "LJ1" from a local auto parts store, trying to support local business. After meeting Bossk I had my paint scanned at a new paint place and the color came back as a nissan gold, not LJ1, thus confirming my original LJ1 was improperly mixed. I then made the trip to Nashville to pickup the "special" correct Sand Beige Low Gloss in PPG paint from the only distributor in my area. When I got home I compared a dab of the new paint on the jeep's current "nissan gold" and it was a huge difference...

I then broke down the jeep and masked around the stripes and decals and repainted it all of which was done in about a 29 hour time frame :)

The new completed correct Sand Beige Low Gloss on top, old nissan gold on the bottom...

Rear shot, different lighting. New on top, old on bottom...
My JW JP29 build viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2849
8915 Jeep MJ http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1119938

"You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are."

KPtheMP
Completed JP Jeep

Re: KP's JW JP29 Build [Complete]

Post by KPtheMP » June 21st, 2016, 10:56 pm

HDR current setup...

My JW JP29 build viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2849
8915 Jeep MJ http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1119938

"You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are."