Project Jeep 29 in UK

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
mattdarlington

Project Jeep 29 in UK

Post by mattdarlington » September 8th, 2015, 1:28 am

So finally picked up a jeep. A friend got it from one of his clients, it had been in a barn for a few years. It is in need of some TLC to get it on the road, but thought it was not bad for £600.
I will upload photos later as it was dark when I picked it up and just doing this in the morning.
Be great to get you thoughts on it and any ideas to help with the build.
So happy and can't wait to get started :D
Last edited by mattdarlington on September 9th, 2015, 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mattdarlington

Re: Project Jeep 29 in UK

Post by mattdarlington » September 8th, 2015, 1:46 pm

Here it is, as you can see, needs some work. Still waiting for the old owner to give me a box of parts he took off as well
Attachments
_MG_8745.JPG
_MG_8750.JPG
_MG_8749.JPG
_MG_8744.JPG
_MG_8738.JPG
Last edited by mattdarlington on September 9th, 2015, 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mattdarlington

Post by mattdarlington » September 9th, 2015, 4:33 pm

I got my box of parts and some parts to help like the ends of the front bumper.
Some thing I spotted when looking around it was the front 2 orange lights near the grill. In the USA do they do anything? I had a look at mine and there just the lens, no backing or electrics. So going to use them to get rid of the horrible lights on the wheel arches.

RustyRodder

Post by RustyRodder » September 9th, 2015, 10:20 pm

The lights under the headlights are parking lights/turn signals. The ones on the front of the fenders I ahve no idea.
JP25- Jurassic Park Maintenance, 1988 Jeep Comanche
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2680

mattdarlington

Post by mattdarlington » September 10th, 2015, 12:33 am

Thanks RustyRodder. The fender ones I know are something added to UK models, just odd they decised not use the turn signals that are already there.
Sunday I am spending the day on it to get what I can sort out. Bits like removing the chrome to then sell, that will help fund other areas needing work.

mattdarlington

Post by mattdarlington » September 14th, 2015, 2:36 pm

I know its not much, but it's a start.
I removed the chrome grill and bullbar. Also removed the rear light surround that they put on the UK models. Also when I had the lights off found the holes that were drilled for US, there only a inch to one side. The parts removed I need to get on ebay to help fund other areas of the build.
I have someone coming over soon to look at the rust hole, hope to get that sorted soon.
Had to stick the number plate on, just could not wait. Every time I look out my window I can see it and just can't wait to get back working on it :D
Attachments
_MG_8850.JPG
_MG_8849.JPG

mattdarlington

Post by mattdarlington » September 20th, 2015, 2:16 pm

Trying to do any jobs on the Jeep every weekend.
So this weekend was just some small bits. Got the mount for the antenna fitted and looks great, just need to find a antenna.
The other thing was the brakes, they were not working. All I had to do was bleed them and now works perfect. It was the first time doing it. Before taking this project on I had not really done much in the way of car mechanics work, so small job for a lot of people, but so happy with it. Looking forward to learning new skills as this project goes on. :D
Attachments
Photo 19-09-2015 05 08 17 pm.jpg

mattdarlington

Post by mattdarlington » September 26th, 2015, 3:57 pm

Did the rear lights today. Look great.
Got them off ebay, from the States. There not the KC lights as they're not in my budget, but found something that looked like them. They are made by blazer. Had to do some modding to them. First off I cut the plastic cafe of the lens, then sprayed the backs matt black.
I did try wiring them in, but went a bit wrong! When I tried using any controls all the lights on the back starting flashing like night club. SO just disconnected them and thought it was not a good idea to make the jeep a mobile disco.
Also did some body work to get rid of some of the rust spots. Bought a air compressor with a load of tools to help, has made the job a lot easier.
_MG_9388.JPG
_MG_9389.JPG
_MG_9391.JPG
Attachments
_MG_9395.JPG
_MG_9394.JPG