I'll Take a GAS JEEP w/o the Grandchildren

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
JURASSahara1993

I'll Take a GAS JEEP w/o the Grandchildren

Post by JURASSahara1993 » August 25th, 2015, 4:09 pm

Hey all so this is my newly purchased '93 Sahara-
Great condition mechanically, interior is near perfect. No rust California Jeep. So excited, it was my childhood dream to have one. I have quite a modification road ahead of me but I cant wait to see this JP staff vehicle come together piece by piece.
Attachments
Without a thing done to it... starting point.
Without a thing done to it... starting point.
Last edited by JURASSahara1993 on August 25th, 2015, 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"How can we possibly have the slightest idea... what to expect?"

JURASSahara1993

Re: New GAS JEEP w/o the Grandchildren

Post by JURASSahara1993 » August 25th, 2015, 4:43 pm

Started on the Wheels first. Found the correct rims on Craigslist for $100 (for all 5). They weren't in the most amazing condition and I had to drive quite a distance to get them, but as I was planning on painting/ sanding them anyway it felt like a really good buy... I saw other posts on the forum and went from there as a guide. But as opposed to going full red right away, I decided to leave them the primer grey for the time being (thought it looked sweet with the new tires) and once the new base paint is on the Jeep... Move forward with the red, probably Plasti-dipping.
Drive back, with my new friends
Drive back, with my new friends
Untouched
Untouched
Sanding and Priming
Sanding and Priming
Half finished
Half finished
New Tires #1
New Tires #1
New Tires #2
New Tires #2
New Tires #3<br />New Tires #3
New Tires #3
New Tires #3
Wheels and Tires on
Wheels and Tires on

COBrian
Completed JP Jeep

Re: I'll Take a GAS JEEP w/o the Grandchildren

Post by COBrian » August 26th, 2015, 9:43 am

Good find on the wheels. I got a set of 4 one time for $60, he was asking $80, and he kept cancelling when I could come get them so when we finally hooked up he knocked another 20 off!. Great start !Looks like an awesome donor, Original FOG lights!!!! wow!
1993 Sahara - JP29 - Denver, CO

JURASSahara1993

Re: I'll Take a GAS JEEP w/o the Grandchildren

Post by JURASSahara1993 » August 26th, 2015, 10:00 am

Yes!! I understand this are hard to come by nowadays- they both work perfectly too! Very stoked. My next big, and what I consider main and most important hurdle... Is figuring out my SandBeige paint. -Where to go for the paint job that's good and thorough (specifically with a jeep) in SoCal. And finding the correct low gloss Sand Biege that's a good quality at a good and fair price for a gallon. IDK- looking for advice.
All red aspects I'm painting personally later... Just really need to figure out my base paint this week.