Jurassic World 07 - Xterra

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
fifthrider

Jurassic World 07 - Xterra

Post by fifthrider » June 15th, 2015, 5:34 pm

I put decals on a truck and it didn't turn out horrible. I'm gonna go have a beer now.

( Here, let me beat my Instagram album to death by rehashing it all here. )

Not for nothing, but Ingen can clone stuff, right? Why didn't they just clone Muldoon, Mr. Arnold, ( and god forbid Nedry ) instead of paying off their families in a lawsuit? "What? dead? Noooooo, that's silly. They're right here!" The original park would have never had to close, everything would be fine. You could even have ongoing accidents in the park and you'd still be golden. "Daughter got eaten? No problem. Give us that leftover finger and we''ll make a new one. Oh, she changed into a boy? Yeah, that happens in an all-girls school." I don't see the problem.
Thank you for reading my auto-signature, the last place on the internet not covered in a ton of advertising.

fantomas
Completed JP Jeep

Re: Jurassic World 07 - Xterra

Post by fantomas » June 16th, 2015, 7:18 pm

I personally think your Xterra looks amazing. It fits in perfectly with the JW theme. The rear Euro plate looks a bit off, but whatevs. I'm really digging the whole thing.

85 GT Kid

Post by 85 GT Kid » June 24th, 2015, 9:28 pm

Sweet looks cool! My girlfriend would love that (she loves Xterras). O here's the answer to your question: If they cloned them they would look the same but wouldn't have the memories they shared before they became dinosaur poop. Although you could say it was trauma :). O I wouldn't bother with Nedry he was a waste lol.

JPRunner

Post by JPRunner » June 25th, 2015, 12:46 pm

I think it looks fantastic. Very good job. I love "non-official" JP vehicles. You have to imagine that InGen as a company would have used lots of vehicles other than the few we see on screen.

fifthrider

Post by fifthrider » June 25th, 2015, 9:57 pm

Hey, thanks! Yeah, I had a similar thought the other night watching JP2 when they were inside the compound on Sorna and there were all these other cars. One would think these existed about the same time as JP1 yet we have little reference about them.
Thank you for reading my auto-signature, the last place on the internet not covered in a ton of advertising.

JPRunner

Post by JPRunner » June 25th, 2015, 10:11 pm

You have to figure with a large company and a large park there were probably all sorts of vehicles we never saw. Jurassic Park and ESPECIALLY Jurassic World.

I'd imagine there are cargo vans, SUVs, Jeeps, and back on the mainland all sorts of JP/JW/INGEN staff vehicles, possibly even cars and other sorts of passenger vehicles.

blackcrowpro

Post by blackcrowpro » July 24th, 2016, 1:26 am

I'm thinking about doing the same thing to my Rav4. What kind of blue is that? And is the logo a sticker or the magnet?
Randy G.
Owner: JP#06 Ranger Tribute Car

fifthrider

Post by fifthrider » July 24th, 2016, 8:46 am

Everything is a vinyl decal, no magnets here.

Here's the color blue that I used:

And a comparison to Owen's #5 truck from the movie:

And the final of the logo:

Although one might think "Hey, nice job in MS Paint, pal!" I ended up going with this over the smoother fill of all dark blue. The light blue highlights are sloppy, I'll admit that, but they highlight the frame of the T-Rex and make it noticeable.

Bombillazo

Post by Bombillazo » July 26th, 2016, 10:08 am

Looking awesome!

Cfsocal23

Post by Cfsocal23 » May 3rd, 2017, 4:20 am

I saw your Xterra on the road today in 4S Ranch .. had get a quick photo to share with my son before I lost you. The car is awesome! My son agreed!! :)