Jay's Jeep 18 - UK

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
Jay

Jay's Jeep 18 - UK

Post by Jay » May 15th, 2015, 12:18 pm

]Hey, well finally after almost 3 years I found a suitable jeep in the UK! It's a 1992 LHD Saraha, US made then shipped to UAE, then ended up here!

It's got a lot of good things going for it in terms of correct parts, however I bought it knowing that it had leather seats instead. To my surprise when I saw the jeep they were just leather covers with the green seats intact! Unfortunately someone took the rear pockets away, but that's a lot easier to replace than all the seating.

I've got a few parts already that I've been collecting over the years - KC rear fog lights, half doors and a Ramsey 6000 winch which needs restoring.

I'm currently looking to buy the Bestop OEM style hardware, but I'm unsure if this is all the pieces I need? Here's a link to what I'm thinking of getting (not getting the tinted windows, just looking at the frame).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291122785448? ... 26_rdc%3D1

To me I can't see any of the half door pieces that fit onto the top of the doors, or the sides like they have in JP. Can anyone confirm if this kit has these in the picture or are they separate parts?
_MG_5064.JPG
_MG_5059.JPG
_MG_5073.JPG
_MG_5118.JPG
IMG_5091.JPG
_MG_5099.JPG

weapon lxxxi

Re: Jay's Jeep 18 - UK

Post by weapon lxxxi » May 16th, 2015, 2:42 am

Very nice jay, whats next for you to do? Shame about the seat pockets, when i talk to my reupholster guy i can see if he will make two sets? Mine are correct pattern & size just not leather.

Jay

Post by Jay » May 16th, 2015, 2:47 pm

weapon lxxxi wrote:Very nice jay, whats next for you to do? Shame about the seat pockets, when i talk to my reupholster guy i can see if he will make two sets? Mine are correct pattern & size just not leather.
I did some work on the jeep today and I'll post an update in a bit! Yes I'd love to get some seat pockets, how much would they cost? Did you reupholster guy make your seats too or did you buy them separately?

weapon lxxxi

Post by weapon lxxxi » May 17th, 2015, 6:22 am

Pictures pictures pictures :)!!!

I dunno yet I haven't spoke to that guy in my list ha haa, I'm going to get him to do my whole seat as it's the wrong green & has leather strips on the bum area. I wouldn't have thought it would be much & there wouldn't be any shipping costs really as we are on the same island ha haa!? I can keep ya updated?

fantomas
Completed JP Jeep

Post by fantomas » May 18th, 2015, 3:27 am

Very nice Jeep! The soft top frame on the jeeps in the movie is the factory original. I have a Best Top soft top and it's much easier to put the top up and down with the hardware attached. Not sure exactly how it would look with the frame up but no fabric.

Jay

Post by Jay » May 18th, 2015, 7:43 am

So over the weekend we worked on getting the rest of the leather covers off. The seats are in O-K condition, however I might have new covers put on in the future. They need a good clean though that's for sure!

We also fixed the drivers side door which wouldn't open, and after a lot of effort managed to remove the full doors and put on the half doors.
IMG_5426.JPG
IMG_5448.jpg
IMG_5459.JPG
IMG_5470.JPG
Attachments
IMG_5463.jpg

Jay

Post by Jay » May 18th, 2015, 8:50 am

weapon lxxxi wrote:Pictures pictures pictures :)!!!

I dunno yet I haven't spoke to that guy in my list ha haa, I'm going to get him to do my whole seat as it's the wrong green & has leather strips on the bum area. I wouldn't have thought it would be much & there wouldn't be any shipping costs really as we are on the same island ha haa!? I can keep ya updated?
Sounds good, I'd be interested in getting my seats recovered at some point so I'd love to hear how much they're charging too!
fantomas wrote:Very nice Jeep! The soft top frame on the jeeps in the movie is the factory original. I have a Best Top soft top and it's much easier to put the top up and down with the hardware attached. Not sure exactly how it would look with the frame up but no fabric.
I was going to go with Bestop factory hardware and a replace-a-top soft top as (from my understanding) are the same as the original JP jeeps?

weapon lxxxi

Post by weapon lxxxi » May 18th, 2015, 10:56 am

Nice acre in your front garden! I have 3 red ones! Any way back to JP....
Looking good sort that rust tho before she spreads :(.
I'll let you know about the seats jay, it next on my (getting shorter) list :)

Jurassic Vic
Site Administrator
Vehicle Make/Model: 93 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Facebook Profile URL: https://www.facebook.com/vicjurassic
Instagram: Jurassic_vic

Post by Jurassic Vic » May 18th, 2015, 3:44 pm

looking nice! taking off those torx screws from the doors was the biggest pain in the ass. I just about stripped half of them.
A new era. join the Jurassic Auto Group facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/jurassicautogroup

FOLLOW THE VLOG AND PODCAST
https://linktr.ee/jurassic_vic

Jurassic Park Jeep commissions message me!

Jay

Post by Jay » May 19th, 2015, 10:34 am

ProjectVIC wrote:looking nice! taking off those torx screws from the doors was the biggest pain in the ass. I just about stripped half of them.
Haha tell me about it! There was one screw that was already ruined and impossible to take off. We had to take off the other side of the hinge instead!
IMG_5456.jpg