Jurassic Xterra Build

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
gpd605x

Jurassic Xterra Build

Post by gpd605x » May 8th, 2015, 9:50 pm

Well its no jeep or explorer but I thought I would share my love for JP with my Xterra. I would love to get an accurate YJ or even a nice TJ but my Xterra I think will suffice. I still need to get a hood graphic and some door graphics but I love it. Once I get all the decals, I'll remove most of the window decals.

This is kind of the idea but not so sure about the red, I like the flat black and silver look.

OR (not a very good photoshop job but you get the idea)

GuyHaley

Re: Jurassic Xterra Build

Post by GuyHaley » May 9th, 2015, 3:04 am

I like the way the explorer looks with it. I hope it goes well for you whatever you decide

weapon lxxxi

Post by weapon lxxxi » May 11th, 2015, 2:28 am

With that set up I'd go with Jurassic world... Fits more with the modern add ons you have. A Matt metallic blue stripe would look awesome ?!?

Jurassic Vic
Site Administrator
Vehicle Make/Model: 93 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Facebook Profile URL: https://www.facebook.com/vicjurassic
Instagram: Jurassic_vic

Post by Jurassic Vic » May 11th, 2015, 11:38 am

The Jurassic World Xterra looks pretty cool. Please don't do the explorer theme
A new era. join the Jurassic Auto Group facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/jurassicautogroup

FOLLOW THE VLOG AND PODCAST
https://linktr.ee/jurassic_vic

Jurassic Park Jeep commissions message me!

fifthrider

Post by fifthrider » June 15th, 2015, 5:55 pm

The first time I saw an Xterra my initial impression is that this was a "Jurassic Park type" vehicle. Too bad it had been snubbed of it's right to be a JP vehicle by somehow not actually being included in any of the movies. ( Damn! ) Sadly these are the affairs of marketing people, producers and those who eat their young so I have no voice in that decision, but I did always think it would make for a great tribute vehicle.

Vehicles in the first movie were iconic and beyond compare. As many of you in the JP Motor Pool already know, they bring a tear to people's eye. ( Several if you hit them hard enough. ) By contrast, no one ran out and bought an accordion-hinged bus or chopped the top off a Mercedes anywhere near as much. Honestly I'm not too thrilled with the color combo of the new movie. Silver with a blue stripe? I would imagine after Mercedes won the high bid to have their vehicles promoted in the movie, the first decree was "We don't want to obscure the product. No lights or anything, let's leave the product au natural" which was eventually negotiated into "then just one stripe and a decal, no lights on the roof." ( My guess - I wasn't at that meeting. )

That having been said, if you're driving a modern car you might as well gear it towards the more modern movie. Also, if you're driving a silver one you might as well go with the existing color scheme and just blue-stripe it. I considered putting old-school overhead lights on my truck until I did a mock-up and realized it's 2015. You put lights from 2015 on a 2015 vehicle. Also, since the Mercedes G-class has an LED lightbar on the grille, it seems pretty consistent to put LED lights on the roof, which you have. ( May I commend your fine taste and good decision. You're probably also a snappy dresser. )

In short, I'd back what was said above by the others. I'd consider going with the JW theme. If what you want is JP then buy a Jeep or an Explorer, but for the rest of us there's no harm in going with the flow of the new movie.

...but I'm totally bias on that decision.
Thank you for reading my auto-signature, the last place on the internet not covered in a ton of advertising.

gpd605x

Post by gpd605x » May 22nd, 2016, 12:01 pm

WOW, I totally forgot about this thread lol. I do love the iconic-ness of the traditional red/beige but I might just have to go with the blue/silver. I might stick w/ the same design but just use blue instead and then use JW decals

NathansPROPS

Post by NathansPROPS » May 22nd, 2016, 10:54 pm

I have also thought about choosing the Xterra and making it into a jurassic park vehicle. I do like the original jeep paint scheme on it. But whatever floats your boat. Oooo, that will be a future project, a jurassic park boat!

fifthrider

Post by fifthrider » May 23rd, 2016, 10:20 pm

Over the weekend someone drove around their "Jaws" boat here in San Diego. I figure if they can make this, we can make a Mosasaur boat.

Thank you for reading my auto-signature, the last place on the internet not covered in a ton of advertising.

gpd605x

Post by gpd605x » June 19th, 2016, 11:22 am

I've thought about it a lot lately and I think I'm going to ditch the idea and break down and do a JP jeep. I've been wanting to do one for quite a while now and I think that if I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it to a Jeep. I might go w/ a TJ over a YJ for the comforts of upgraded suspension and ride quality but I think in the end, I'll capture the same result. Hopefully soon I will find me a Jeep cheap enough to start out with.