1992 YJ Sahara My New Baby

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
Doolittle
Completed JP Jeep

Re: 1992 YJ Sahara My New Baby

Post by Doolittle » September 14th, 2010, 8:27 pm

cklinejr wrote:Nice looking Jeep.

why someone would put a chrome grille on a light colored jeep is beyond me. I think it looks good on like a dark blue or green jeep, but not on a light colored one.

I'd say step 2 is get that grille painted.

step 1 being replacing those rectangle bumber lights! you'd think they would fit in with the rectangle head lights, but they def need to be round. :)

-Charles
I had a chrome grill on mine (it was black which definitely made it look better) so if yours is anything like mine then it'll just pop off. It left adhesive residue but that was no biggie. Besides, I made a little money back selling that piece. Nice Jeep though. You're lucky, I've got no great place nearby to go wheeling. I'm too close to the damn city :/
Hold onto your butts.

Jeepasaurus

Post by Jeepasaurus » September 15th, 2010, 8:22 am

IIRC, there are two screws on top and two on the bottom of the chrome cover that need to be removed. I can check tonight if needed.

thefewtheproud

Post by thefewtheproud » October 30th, 2010, 12:20 pm

I unbolted the grill cover the other day just to see how it would look and found an unpleasant surprise. The cover messed up the paint pretty bad in certain spots. So I reluctantly put it back on for now.

CineWeekly

Post by CineWeekly » March 14th, 2012, 5:42 am

So how did it come out removing the pinstriping and Sahara logo? Did it stand out too much? I may be in the same situation soon and want to know whether to keep it or remove it.
Need a Jeep in the Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia area.
http://www.CineWeekly.com