Trying out a JP JK model

Showcase your Jurassic Park vehicle, or build progress.
ChrisLev

Re: Trying out a JP JK model

Post by ChrisLev » November 25th, 2014, 10:54 pm

Thanks everyone! I've seen a few other people on this forum also detail their JK's as well. I believe I'm the first to find a supplier for the spice soft top for this model?? That took quite a bit of hunting on the internet. The door logo is the standard size (four piece) that came with the JP decal car kit I purchased off Ebay: complete with the hood, and numbers decals, and license plate. Yea, the full JK door makes the decal look smaller. But, I can deal with that. My biggest concern is how the Plasti-dip will hold up to the Florida sun and the love bug season. Plasti-dip's website has some other products claimed to act like protective polish for their paint. Maybe I'll look into that? But hey, As I said earlier, this project is meant to be temporary. So far, the dip is holding up really well. Oh and just to let you all know, that is a 2013 Wrangler SPORT. Those are black fender flairs sprayed with silver Plasti-dip. I did the fenders long before ever attempting the JP conversion and those fenders have taken quite a beating (daily commuting and parking in the sun, as well as lots of heavy rain) with, so far, no signs of wear on the paint!:)

COBrian
Completed JP Jeep

Post by COBrian » December 3rd, 2014, 4:15 pm

I really like how you faked the yj's horizontal line. That looks really sharp!
1993 Sahara - JP29 - Denver, CO

Jpdude11

Post by Jpdude11 » December 29th, 2014, 5:58 pm

Now that is one awesome JK, I would do that to my JK but mine is a limited edition Hydro Blue Oscar Mike. An LED light bar may also be acool addition to your JK, just a thought.

ChrisLev

Post by ChrisLev » May 6th, 2015, 11:53 am

Hey All,

I now have half doors! I was also ambitious and folded down the front window for one of the pictures. For a JK model, this looks pretty good! :D
(on a side note, folding down a JK windshield is extremely difficult and takes more time than its worth. It involved 28 screws/bolts.)
Front Window Folded Down
Front Window Folded Down
Half Door Progress
Half Door Progress
Finished with Half Doors
Finished with Half Doors
Half Doors!
Half Doors!

crayZcollegeKid

Post by crayZcollegeKid » May 7th, 2015, 1:59 pm

Absolutely stunning! This is the best JK build I've seen on here. The half doors are what make it pop! Great job man, congratulations on completing yours.

OH! Get some Spice roll bar pads and this jeep will truly sing!
______________________________________________________________________________________

COBrian
Completed JP Jeep

Post by COBrian » May 8th, 2015, 1:59 pm

What crayZcollegeKid said! Looks awesome!!!!!
1993 Sahara - JP29 - Denver, CO

ChrisLev

Post by ChrisLev » August 5th, 2015, 2:44 pm

All,

I wanted to post an update on using plasti-dip for the red stripes. It has been nearly a year and that stuff is holding up great. There are small nicks and pits in the paint from the daily use on the roads. That is pretty much unavoidable. Even so, it is nothing a little touch up paint can't fix. And another important note. If you allow dead bugs or bird crap to dry on the plasti-dip, when you finally clean it off, that stuff will peel the paint. In other news, here are more pictures of my JK with half doors and the soft top on. Also, playing with the photo setting I made a picture fit in with Jurassic World just to see what it could look like. Shame that the movie didn't use the new Jeeps.
Side view
Side view
Front/Side view
Front/Side view
With Blue Stripes
With Blue Stripes

ChrisLev

Post by ChrisLev » August 26th, 2015, 2:04 pm

My wife and I had fun and took the Jeep up to the mountains for some great photos. This place was a great substitute for the backdrop of Hawaii used in the movie!
West Virginia Mountains
West Virginia Mountains
West Virginia Mountains
West Virginia Mountains
Mountain Trail
Mountain Trail

First5.0

Trying out a JP JK model

Post by First5.0 » August 26th, 2015, 2:07 pm

Nice outfit. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RustyRodder

Post by RustyRodder » August 26th, 2015, 4:38 pm

Thats awesome looking!!! Love the new light bar. Any plans for a winch, aux lights, or rear ambers?
JP25- Jurassic Park Maintenance, 1988 Jeep Comanche
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2680